PDA

View Full Version : PC's Valentines Newly-weds Challenge

Forever
February 13th, 2013, 12:14 AM
[css-div=background-color:#121212;border:1px solid #121212;width:700px;]
[css-div=padding: 10px;]A Valentines Special:
Newly-weds Challenge[/css-div][css-div=background-color:#fc7474;height:30px;border-bottom:1px solid #121212;][/css-div][css-div=background-color:#fafafa;padding:10px;]Wanna test your knowledge of your pair, or a friend? Come along and take the test :3 Also make sure you read over all the information in this thread before signing you and your pair up. Once this thread is posted feel free to sign up, however you have to post the name of your pair or friend so make sure you actually know who it is!

So what does this challenge involve?

Just reply to this thread in that you wish for both your pair and you to participate. Make sure that you're paired in Other Trivia's pairing thread, and then you're eligible for this (if you're also paired up in the matchmakers thread then you'll also be able to apply for this - however keep in mind you'll have better chances of doing better if you've been paired with someone for a while, rather than a few days). Scratch that, any two people can enter as long as they've made sure the other person knows, they don't necessarily have to be paired through PC's pairing system. Feel free to enter as many pairings (by pairings I mean unofficial or official pairs, of friends, romantic friends, etc) as you'd like!

Example:
My pair, ______ and I are entering, hook us up etc.

Then, after that once it hits February 19th American EST (so you have a day to get to know your match-up if you're entering as part of the matchmaker thread), you'll each be sent out a PM. This is when it's crucial not to talk about the contents of the PM to your pair. In said PM, you'll each receive the same questions, but you have to reply to it how you think your partner would respond (you'll also be asked to answer with what you would actually answer, too, to make sure at the end I can confirm it's correct!) Simple! You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem). At 12am American EST (when February 21st starts) the results will be announced in this thread - which could become amusing to read. :3

Also, throughout the event feel free to do couple-y things with one another around PC if you want to!

Couples

1. Toujours x Sanginius[/css-div][/css-div]

Squirrel
February 13th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Me and my pair François will be officially kicking yo butts. ♥ (Also known as entering!)

Amachi
February 13th, 2013, 12:31 AM
My pair, the magnificently handsome Juicy, and I, are entering this peasant competition. We will be the very best pair, like no two ever were.

gunnerpow7
February 13th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Me and Laugh will destroy the competition by our smarts, hardwork, beauty, awesomeness, randomness and our kindness!

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Captain Fabio and I are gonna be joining this >:3

JayD
February 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Me & Pink Mommy (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=352065) are going signing up. Going to dominate this event :P

Alli
February 13th, 2013, 09:08 PM
My pair Patchisou Yutohru and I will be entering. :)

Alice
February 15th, 2013, 11:12 AM
My pair, Shining Raichu (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=252181) and I are entering. Good luck everyone. :D

Forever
February 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Just bumping this so a few people from the match-up join - I'll give it another day before then because nobody from the match-up has actually joined yet and I extended it so they could. Come on guys, participate!

JayD
February 19th, 2013, 06:06 AM
NICA!~♥

So does that mean the event will finish on February 22 or it will still finish on February 21st?

Forever
February 19th, 2013, 06:11 AM
22nd, ya. Just try and see if you can get more people to participate :)

Miss Doronjo
February 19th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone; just so you know, I've been asked by Nica to take over on running this event, so... yeah, I will still PM the questions to each of you in a couple of hours, and I'll also post all the results at the end.

So, thanks for the understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience. ^^

JayD
February 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I don't know if this is the good place to post this but.. why did Nica asked you to run it? =/

Not that I don't like you or anything, just curious.

Miss Doronjo
February 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I don't know if this is the good place to post this but.. why did Nica asked you to run it? =/

Not that I don't like you or anything, just curious.

You'll have to ask her personally about that -- unfortunately, I can't give you a solid answer. ):

All I know is that supposedly, she's taking taking a break from PC for a couple of days and she asked me to run it.

JayD
February 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Alright, btw do we get an emblem for participating or we could get an emblem for winning? Because it said You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem).

Miss Doronjo
February 19th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Alright, btw do we get an emblem for participating or we could get an emblem for winning? Because it said You'll have more fun if you don't ask your partner what they'd respond, and given that there's no prizes then you're only cheating yourself (except maybe an emblem).

There hasn't been emblems made yet, but, I assume that there will be emblems for both participating, and for winning. At least for one or the other.

awolfsquared
February 19th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Is it too late to sign-up? I wasn't here at all on the 19th. :(

If not ,
My pair Cosmotone8 and I would like to enter. (He's only my pair for the matchmakers thing but we're good friends so we know each other well. )

If so, I'm sorry , as I said I didn't have to be here on the 19th. :(

gunnerpow7
February 20th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Wait, what happens when your pair is not online during the period? Do we forfeit or something?

Miss Doronjo
February 20th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Wait, what happens when your pair is not online during the period? Do we forfeit or something?

Well, pretty much.

But you both have some time to answer these questions so I hope it won't become an issue. ):

awolfsquared
February 20th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Were we both supposed to get a PM cause I don't remember getting one. Though I'm thinking Cosmotone did cause he VMed me first on the 19th. I just was slow to reply till last night.

Miss Doronjo
February 22nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
Giving everyone one more day to complete their questions until the results!

Synerjee
February 22nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Is the challenge still open for application? It might be too late, but I'm just inquiring. c:

Miss Doronjo
February 22nd, 2013, 06:46 AM
It's not too late~

Just as long as your pair wants to enter as well!

JayD
February 22nd, 2013, 08:16 AM
So when are we getting the results? Isn't it supposed to be today? :C

Alice
February 22nd, 2013, 11:11 AM
When it says that the results "could become interesting to read" does that mean that our answers will be posted? I didn't realize that when I was answering, so... I'd rather they weren't. lol

Miss Doronjo
February 25th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Just an update: I'll be posting the results this afternoon~ Sorry about the extra day tarty! But you can look forward to it soon!

JayD
February 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Ugh finally! Been waiting for this for a long time now! All hail Miss Doronjo!

Miss Doronjo
February 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Alright, finally here are the results. Now, first off I compared the answers, and based on that, you'll see how many you and your pair got right together.

And so here we go:

AlexOzzyCake + François: 7 answers correct together!

Kura + Captain Fabio: 4 answers right together!

LilJz1234 + Pink Mommy: 7 answers correct together!

QuilavaKing + Shinging Raichu: 4 answers right together!

AWsquared + Cosmotone8: 1 answer right together!

And there you have it! If you don't see you or your pairs names up here, then, it means that one of you didn't PM me your answers. =( If you would like to see your you and your pair's answers, you can PM me to see them! Or, if you really, really want, you can just ask for me to post them here, as long as it's okay for the both of you!

(I just wasn't sure on how everyone would feel if their answers was posted publicly or not!)

Alli
February 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM
OMG NIIIIIICK!!! :((((((((( How depressing! He forgot to submi-- fffffffff :(((((( This makes me so sad! Dangit Nick! Not making you dinner tonight, meanie. :<

JayD
February 25th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Woohoo! Tied for first place with Ozzycakes & Francois! :D

It's a shame the others didn't get to send in their PMs in time tho :(

awolfsquared
February 25th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Oh dang me and Cosmo didn't do so well. :( Oh well, good job everyone!

Alli
February 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
btw Shawn, feel free to post my answers even though my pair didn't submit his. They might get a laugh from others. lol

Miss Doronjo
February 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM
btw Shawn, feel free to post my answers even though my pair didn't submit his. They might get a laugh from others. lol

Here we are; I did enjoy reading this myself!

1. Which fruit/vegetable do you think you resemble? Which fruit/vegetable do you think your pair resembles? I think I'm a strawberry!! Cute and little lol. As for Nick, I'm gonna call him a banana.

2. What flavor of ice cream do you like the most? What flavor does your pair like the most? Cookies n creme for me. Nickles I'm not so sure about. He seems like a cookies n creme kind of guy as well.

3. If you had a million dollars what would you buy? What would your pair buy?
Lots of Pokemon things lmao. Video game things in general. And pay my way through college. Nick would probably buy himself a house or apartment to leave his family, but also pay his family's bills before leaving. He seems like that kind of guy.

4. What would you like to be always remembered for? What your pair be always be remembered for? For making people laugh. He'd want to be remembered for being strange and singing randomly. He is his own adjective, honestly lol.

5. Would you be able to do the gangnam dance? What about your pair?
I CAN. I'm sure he can too.

6. Can you rub your stomach and pat your head at the same time? Do you think your pair can? YES AND YES IT'S SO EASY OMG

7. There's a puppy hanging off a very high wire on which a drop would mean certain death for it, but if you were late for work you'd get fired - so you had to choose to save puppy or your own job so you have income. What would you choose to do? What do you think your partner will do? I don't even have a job, but pretending I still have the one I had, I'd save the dog. I don't think I know of any bosses that could be that cruel to fire me for that? :( Nick would probably save the dog too. I don't know how his boss is though.

8. If you were a pokemon, what pokemon would you be? What would your pair be?
UMBREON! If he says Petilil I freaking swear we have some things to go over after this lol. Him on the other hand, he likes so many Pokemon...I'm going to go with Alakazam for this one.

9. What would you do if you were the opposite of your gender for a day? What would your pair do? I would fear my penis. Nick would get breast implants and strip to a Rihanna song.

10. If you were to be reincarnated (aka having another life being someone or something), what do you think you would like to be reincarnated as? What about your pair? I'll be a wolf. Nick is strange though. I can see him coming back as a hippogriff though.

Cosmotone8
February 26th, 2013, 04:54 AM
Oh dang me and Cosmo didn't do so well. :( Oh well, good job everyone!
Lol Tell me about it. At least we submitted our things, so that counts for something, right? XD
Btw Syd those are some pretty interesting and amusing answers there. XD

Kura
February 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hahaha this was awesome :3 Woohoo to the tied winners! I enjoyed reading your answers, Sydian :33

JayD
February 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Does the participants still get emblems or that part of the event got scrapped out?

And you can post my results too :)
I'm not sure about Pink Mommy if she wants to post her's so only mines :)

Forever
March 1st, 2013, 02:29 AM
Does the participants still get emblems or that part of the event got scrapped out?

And you can post my results too :)
I'm not sure about Pink Mommy if she wants to post her's so only mines :)

Yeah the emblem will still occur, just wait like... 48 hours?