PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Chat Thread

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
[css-div="width:700px;padding:10px;background-color:pink;border-style:solid;border-width:10px;border-color:#800000;color:#660A00;font-family:calibri;"]
Letters to Your Valentine: Chat Thread
Brought to you in part by Dipu, Kura, and Nica
Coding "borrowed" from Toujours

So Cupid’s struck your heart and now you’ve got a special someone! How adorable :3 Regardless if things are romantic between you guys, or this is just for fun, or even if you're alone, welcome to the Valentine's Day Chat thread!

Note this, you do not have to be paired to be active in this thread! I repeat, do not. If you would like to be paired up with someone, click right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296676) for the Matchmaker thread. Be warned, the Matchmaker thread closes on February 17. So if you’re still lonely, go go go! I need a cute girl to be with! Romantic Pair for the win~

The purpose of this thread is that it's a chat thread centered around Valentine's Day, and the general idea of love, perhaps. To instigate some interesting conversation, there are going to be certain topics that you guys can answer. Discussion topics will be entered at regular intervals, so keep an eye out on this first post, as I will update it with another topic or two! Keep in mind though that you do not have to necessarily use these topics as a conversation starter. They're only there as a guide. If I see an interesting topic being discussed that isn't in the list below, I'll add it!

The thread will remain open for the rest of February, so by all means, post and have fun!

Rules:

-All general PC rules apply, such as 4 words and 25 characters and the like.
-You have to be cute (you all automatically qualify!)
-The posts have to be related to Valentine's Day in some way, be it the most obscure way you can think of.
-Have as much fun as possible before this thread closes at the end of the month!

Topics:

1)Do you celebrate Valentine's Day, in real life? If so what do you do and if not, why not?
2)What would be the perfect gift on Valentine's Day?
3)Do you think it's better to be single or married on Valentines Day? In general?
4)Ever liked anyone on PC? What's your thoughts on having feelings for someone on PC?
5)Who do you love the most?
6)Is it wiser to chase love or let love come to you?

[/css-div]

Nathan
February 13th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Great job "borrowing" this code.
Anyway, i usually celebrate Valentine's Day but this year i won't 'cause my exams are too begin soon. To celebrate, i go to a party hosted by people i know to have fun or hook up.
I think the best gift would be one from the heart and not these expensive chocolates.

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 03:30 PM
;3 He gave due credit :3

I agree that the best gifts are from the heart, though to me.. Valentines day I don't like to really -expect- something. It means more to me to do a gesture than give a gift.

I usually celebrate my Valentines day with buying myself loads of chocolate and gorging myself. But this time I'm going out to dinner on Saturday with my special someone and we're gonna gorge ourselves on desserts there! Just have a relaxing weekend for the most part :3 I think those kind of weekends are the best kinds <3

*___* Though I dunno if we'll get a chance to, but I reeeally want chocolate fondue..
;_; I gave up chocolate for lent, though.. >_> I might cheat a little bit on Sat and make it up somehow.

Maybe I will do another type of fondue instead of chocolate to make up for it. This looks good!

http://www.dvo.com/newsletter/monthly/2009/february/images/fondue.jpg

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I'm surprised I managed to make it look so good at all. I meant to "borrow" it from Nica, but the coding she used was too complex for me ;;

Anyhow, I've actually never celebrated it. Always single whenever Valentine's day comes around, boohoo. =/

As for gifts, you guys nailed it, it should indeed come from the heart. But I always thought flowers were a safe way to go, ya know? My school held a flower sale specifically for Valentine's Day, and if I weren't in the jam I am in, I'd definitely have gotten flowers for this one girl.

Nathan
February 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I was just joking about the borrowing. I know he gave credit. Why did you have to post this pic? You're making me hungry ya know? I decided to stop the sweets for a while 'cause i ate too much these last days. I now realize that it's painful to live without something or someone for others you used to like.

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I was just joking about the borrowing. I know he gave credit. Why did you have to post this pic? You're making me hungry ya know? I decided to stop the sweets for a while 'cause i ate too much these last days. I now realize that it's painful to live without something or someone for others you used to like.
Yeah that's why I'm doing lent where I give up chocolate. I literally have chocolate every day so.. >_> this will help me appreciate it more I think.

I
As for gifts, you guys nailed it, it should indeed come from the heart. But I always thought flowers were a safe way to go, ya know? My school held a flower sale specifically for Valentine's Day, and if I weren't in the jam I am in, I'd definitely have gotten flowers for this one girl.

To be honest, I'm not big on flowers like other girls are.. I dunno.. I rather just get a really thoughtful card, or something funny, or a playlist with songs on it more than flowers.

I wasn't single last V-day or the V-day before, but I had a long distance relationship at the time. This valentines day I'm really excited because I'm actually spending time with someone. I enjoyed v-day when single because it just felt really peaceful.. but I'm also really looking forward to this weekend :3

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Oof, really? Always thought roses were cute. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about it this year. Singles Awareness Day for the win! =D

Vintage Arachnid
February 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Can I mention something about the coding? Perhaps you should use a background (behind the text) because people like me who use certain skins can barely read the text. It clashes.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day with any, single or together. One because single people act friggin' miserable the entire time like come on it's just another day! Couples, no. I don't want to watch them make out the whole time instead of focusing on me, like they should.

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Oof, really? Always thought roses were cute. Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about it this year. Singles Awareness Day for the win! =D

What?! What do you mean you dont have to worry? Aren't you getting flowers for your mom? wtf!
Roses are cute! But they're almost like.. expected. I like something a bit more creative for v-day even if it's something silly like "I rented all these funny movies, let's eat pancakes and marathon them" or whatever. I dunno, but I guess I like something a bit unconventional at times.

Can I mention something about the coding? Perhaps you should use a background (behind the text) because people like me who use certain skins can barely read the text. It clashes.

I don't celebrate Valentine's Day with any, single or together. One because single people act friggin' miserable the entire time like come on it's just another day! Couples, no. I don't want to watch them make out the whole time instead of focusing on me, like they should.

What? What kind of disrespectful friends do you have? : | Who the heck makes out in front of their friend like that? Talk about making someone really feel like a third wheel. Ick..

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 04:04 PM
What?! What do you mean you dont have to worry? Aren't you getting flowers for your mom? wtf!
Roses are cute! But they're almost like.. expected. I like something a bit more creative for v-day even if it's something silly like "I rented all these funny movies, let's eat pancakes and marathon them" or whatever. I dunno, but I guess I like something a bit unconventional at times.

My mom has something against flowers, so no actually.

And this is what inexperience looks like. -_-;

Oh, and as for the background, I'll see what I can do.

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 04:08 PM
What would you do then, Dipu, if you had a potential date suddenly spring up for tomorrow.'

And dude don't say inexperienced; this is my first Vday with someone else here, too .o. To me it's just another weekend of hanging out. For the actual day tomorrow I'm not doing anything- my boyfriend lives out of town.

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I only have $20 left in my allowance, so I'll die a little inside if that happened. Buuutttttt, I'd treat her to food, for sure. Pizza's too generic, so maybe a diner. We'd hang out in the park afterwards and then I'll drop her off home, assuming she lives in either Queens or Manhattan. =D

Didn't mean to insult you or anything! I guess that was a joke gone sour, my fault. Hope you and Will have a grand time together, by the way!

Caelus
February 13th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I've never celebrated Valentines' day besides maybe two or three events we did in elementary school. I'm always single when it comes around. :[

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Nah~ I'm just saying that in a way, we're all experienced cause there is no right way or wrong way to these things~ and thanks!

:3 That sounds cute though. A dinner is always nice. I think anything but a movie on Valentines day is good; but that's just me since I like chatting :3

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I always thought movies were a bad idea for a date. Well, the first date anyway, for sure.

OH. I just realized what I'd do, I totally go ice skating with her. Cause that's cute stuff, you know?

roosterman
February 13th, 2013, 05:02 PM
yeah, movies = no.
by the end of the night, you won't know anymore about them then you did before the date. they always say "do something fun to break the ice" i always prefer something fun, they give you a topic to chat about and it won't be awkward if you run out of things to say.

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Well, what's your idea of fun, if you don't mind me asking.

Vintage Arachnid
February 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
What? What kind of disrespectful friends do you have? : | Who the heck makes out in front of their friend like that? Talk about making someone really feel like a third wheel. Ick..

Yeah, it does. It's annoying and most of the time I ignore them when they do but they're my friends so I don't take offensive to it. Also, that's why I don't hang out with them alone I bring another one of our friends so I'm not the third wheel!

Oh, and as for the background, I'll see what I can do.

Much better, muchas gracias senor!

I don't find movies too bad if you do a follow up at a nearby restaurant. That way you have something to talk about to start off the conversation (the movie) then you can move on to getting to know each while eating. (You can ask them their favorite food, etc etc.)

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Much better, muchas gracias senor!

I don't find movies too bad if you do a follow up at a nearby restaurant. That way you have something to talk about to start off the conversation (the movie) then you can move on to getting to know each while eating. (You can ask them their favorite food, etc etc.)

Welcome! And god, that reminds me of a time I hung out with a friend. My friends were like "That's a date" and I was just all "Nooooooooo!"

CarcharOdin
February 13th, 2013, 06:03 PM
1) No, I'm not celebrating "Single's Awareness Day" this year. Don't have a significant other.

2) Sex. Then a movie. Then sex.

Bounce
February 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I guess I'll start with answering the topics, since there isn't any real discussion started here yet. :3

1)Do you celebrate Valentine's Day, in real life? If so what do you do and if not, why not?
When I have a valentine I do, unfortunately this isn't my year and I'm a loveless loner. :c

The girl I've been chasing for 17 months. :3

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Awww, Bounce. :c

I know the feel of chasing someone. I think my chase was for... wow, 17 months too. Ironically, it's the girl who I denied I went out with.

Bounce
February 13th, 2013, 07:45 PM

I know the feel of chasing someone. I think my chase was for... wow, 17 months too. Ironically, it's the girl who I denied I went out with.

Yeah, that is very ironic. We're at a point where we are really good friends, but it seems like every time we hangout, it's awkward because I just don't know what to say around her.

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Just be natural! Don't act. React. Think about something you two have in common and start there. :3

Bounce
February 13th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Just be natural! Don't act. React. Think about something you two have in common and start there. :3

Well, it's not that I'm an awkward person.. I usually know how to handle situations like that, but she just leaves me speechless.

Vital
February 13th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Awwwwwwwwww. :3

Sounds like a stunner. Try talking to her tomorrow!

bbgenderless600
February 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Rules:

-All general PC rules apply, such as 4 words and 25 characters and the like.

-You have to be cute (you all automatically qualify!)

-The posts have to be related to Valentine's Day in some way, be it the most obscure way you can think of.

-Have as much fun as possible before this thread closes at the end of the month!

Topics:

No, it just feels like a regular day for some reason and i'm in a place where i just deny everything.

For someone to come up with a good reason by showing me why this is such an important day which'll never happen so i don't expect anything.

3)Do you think it's better to be single or married on Valentines Day? In general?

Who knows if it's better to be single or married, its all subjective.
[/css-div][/QUOTE]

roosterman
February 13th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Well, what's your idea of fun, if you don't mind me asking.

you know, skating, festivals, even paint ball if she wants to. just something that will fill in the silence. yep, nothing more romantic then having a short awkward silence and then being interrupted by your enemy breaking into your base and shooting you and your date.

Kura
February 14th, 2013, 05:20 AM

Why'd you deny you went out with them? ;o;

.EJ
February 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM
So, does anyone have any special plans?

Patrick
February 14th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Depends on what you mean by special, in that everybody's idea of special is different... but yes!

I have a super special secret artsy gift I'm working on for Valentine's. :3 It won't be finished today, but I think the 21st sounds like a reasonable deadline (even though PC is more or less my periphery demographic, I'm doing it for others but I'll show it here, too).

I think you guys would enjoy it. :D

Nakuzami
February 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM

No, not really. I've never had any reason to; I'd never had a date or anyone special in the past. Of course, in primary school we would pass out Valentine's to the class, but I would hardly count that.

I'd hoped to celebrate it this year.
Then I got dumped.

Um . . . love. The "perfect gift" is different for everyone, but I suppose each one is intended to show how you love the person, so I'll go with that.

Well . . . if you're single, you save money.
But that would imply that I cared about the money.
I'd rather be broke and with someone I love than rich and alone. Well, I think I would, lol. If you're single, then it really isn't Valentine's Day for you, now is it?

Sora
February 14th, 2013, 07:41 AM
I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day. Only when I do have a Valentine's Date which I do not this year. So instead I gave my brother fives bucks to buy me a stuffed panda that is holding a box full of chocolate my old band teacher is selling. Happy Valentine's Day to me~

KriegStein
February 14th, 2013, 07:57 AM
For me today was the last day of school. So we had Abi-days. Abiturient celebrations etc. So practicaly the valentines day was only in the backround. Which makes me a bit sad. I usualy meet with one of my friends and buy them chocolate or hotchocolate drink etc. But since today was a bit special I had no chance to do that.
:( And yeah... Now we are traveling around the ..parties... I would have wanted to just have valentines day without these huge end parties. Oh well.
EDIT:1. so anyway I realy like to celebrate valentines day. Im a hopeless romantic so this is the day for me. XD
2. The perfect gift is different for a person and it depends on their situation. Todays best gift for me was when one of my friends wished me happy valentines day. So a perfect gift doesnt have to be anything too fabulous.
3.To be single or married. No idea. Both have their own pros and cons. If you are single you can take a step ahead to impress your secret crush etc. Or something. For married/dating couples this day makes them think their relationship and spend quality time with eachother. Thus making it quite important. So my conclusion the valentines day is best for those who are not celebrating it alone. :D

LilJz
February 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
For Valentine's Day, I'm going to the restaurant with my parents. Yay me, right? :C

Cosmotone8
February 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
It turns out that one of my good friends actually likes me, and it all came out today, ironically. xD

KriegStein
February 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
For Valentine's Day, I'm going to the restaurant with my parents. Yay me, right? :C
Hey it could be worse. :) Your not whole day with them are you? Today was the most worst valentines day ever for me. So Im sure youll have better luck. :D

It turns out that one of my good friends actually likes me, and it all came out today, ironically. xD
Congratulations! :D Is it two sided? ;)

fenyx4
February 14th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! :D :cer_love:

Ah, Valentine's Day...the one day of each year where Luvdisc actually proves to be useful (other than Tricking it for Heart Scales, of course)...

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1d/370Luvdisc.png

LilJz
February 14th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Nah only for supper. But I rather stay home LOL.

Vital
February 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Why'd you deny you went out with them? ;o;

Cause this was about a year after she rejected me and I hadn't thought of us hanging out being a date. :c Pretty sure she didn't either.

Awww, congratulations Weston! =D

vaporeon7
February 15th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. I'm single and don't need another day to be reminded of it.

Vital
February 15th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Heyy, what's wrong with being single? :c

Cosmotone8
February 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I guess. :) I like her as a friend, not really romantically though, so it might get a bit awkward...
At least, i am not the only one alone there.
How did you react cosmotone?
I was kinda shocked, actually. I thought we were just friends, so I didn't see that one coming. I just said, "Um...Okay, then."

Vital
February 16th, 2013, 07:49 PM
How did she react? Just curious.

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 04:23 AM
And how's it going now with her? ;33 I'm curious!

Cosmotone8
February 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I haven't seen her since then, actually, since we're on school break right now and I'm going to be going on vacation. :( Not much I can update you on.

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Awh well that's a bit of a bummer! I was curious as to how things were gonna progress.
What do you want to happen? :3

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6595777_700b_v1.jpg

Vital
February 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
LOL, Kura. I was gonna say, I think it'd be a little to fast for Weston to go with the flower trail. The last slide killed me, though. =P

Kura, how was everything with Fabio? =D

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah same here! Lol!
Goood! he made me yummy banana-whipped cream crepes on Friday and I forgot to take a picture ;o;.. Maybe i'll greedily ask for more tonight >:3!
Today's been the laziest sunday ever; just been on the computer and watching football/ playing FIFA :33 Nommed some icecream :33

Vital
February 17th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh wow, that sounds good. D;

They had some great chocolate on sale for Valentine's Day, I'm still seething that I didn't take advantage of that and buy some. Oh well.

Cosmotone8
February 17th, 2013, 07:33 PM
Awh well that's a bit of a bummer! I was curious as to how things were gonna progress.
What do you want to happen? :3

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/6595777_700b_v1.jpg
Not that yet, definitely not yet. I don't even know if I'm going to ask her out yet. :x

Vital
February 17th, 2013, 08:05 PM
You should! Give her a chance. At the very worst, you'll find out that she's not right for you. And hey, you never know, maybe she is right. All I'm gonna say is give it a try. You never know what can happen unless you give it a chance.

Bounce
February 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Well, my Valentine's Day turned out as expected.. another year spent without the girl I really like.

Kura
February 18th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Bounce did you ask her out before v day? And i agree with bloodex, you should go out on a date! She may show you a side of herself you might end up liking!

KriegStein
February 18th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Go for it Bounce! :D Ask her out and things might change. :) You know. Take the bull by the horns and all that. Same for you Cosmotone. :D You might end up liking her in a new way. :)

AWsquared
February 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Holy shiz didn't know a Chat Thread for this existed.

Bounce I know nothing about talking with women but I'd say go for it.

Bounce
February 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I've asked her out several times before, and she just calls me silly. :\

KriegStein
February 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
:( auww... I can relate to your situation. Had same thing coupple of years ago. Anyway. My point being anything can always happen you know. :D

Nathan
February 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I've asked her out several times before, and she just calls me silly. :\
In a playful or serious way?
Playful : I think you should insist on asking her out and tell her your true feelings.
Serious : .......

KriegStein
February 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
^ I agree with JNathan. How did she react when you talked to her/asked her out?

Bounce
February 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I told her exactly what I felt, I'm definitely a serious type of person when it comes to things like that. I know it's time to move on, but I just can't.

Osha_say_wott?!
February 18th, 2013, 03:00 PM
First off, bravo for telling her how you feel. Lots of people wish they had the courage to tell the person they like how they feel. It's never easy trying to get over someone, but time heals all wounds. You'll eventually move on and find someone way better, hang in there.

And a Happy belated Valentine's Day to everyone~
I wuv you all (^ܫ^)

LilJz
February 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Happy belated Valentine's Day Oshy! Gief me a hug! (>")>♥

Hikamaru
February 18th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Speaking of romance, this comedic user named TheFattestSnorlax seems to be in love with me. He constantly stalks my profile, likes my "odd" forumsets and thinks I'm a funny female in general. The shock is that I'm 5 years older than him.

KriegStein
February 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Speaking of romance, this comedic user named TheFattestSnorlax seems to be in love with me. He constantly stalks my profile, likes my "odd" forumsets and thinks I'm a funny female in general. The shock is that I'm 5 years older than him.
Should I be aww or should I feel sorry for him or should I just laugh... I think Ill just drink coffee instead. (What I mean to say is: the personal and social connections between people are diverce. As such It is normal to find all sortsof people here. As such Its only normal to find people that have crush on you etc. And yeah. :D You have to decide what to do about it.) (also shock of century for me: I always thought you were a dude. :') )

Osha_say_wott?!
February 19th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Happy belated Valentine's Day Oshy! Gief me a hug! (>")>♥
Hugs for everyone~ <('-')>

Maww, that's so adorable~! :cer_love: I real love story. :3
I think the real shocker is he thinks you are funny. :cer_eek: Kidding xD Now give me an osha hug <('-')>

Kura
February 19th, 2013, 05:06 AM

Why don't you just ask him if he does instead of assuming? Maybe you'll be surprised, maybe you wont? I don't think being 5 years older is that big a deal, but it depends on the agegroup to begin with.

Do you like him back? :33

LilJz
February 19th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Me and my honeybunny Toujie are so perfect together~♥

Cosmotone8
February 19th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Well the matchmaker event turned out just like I thought it would. x) Aaron and I have similar tastes in a lot of things.
And Hikari you should go for it! Take a chance. not like I'm going through something similar or anything

LilJz
February 19th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I got paired with people I don't really know x)
It'll be fun to get to know them :3

Vital
February 19th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Get to know them and get them in this thread, that's the purpose (or one of the purposes) of it!

Nathan
February 19th, 2013, 12:05 PM
It's good. I got paired with someone who got the same interests as me. I think i'll VM him to begin.

Vital
February 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
That's a start. =P

TF and I are still gonna be the power couple here, sorry.

Xilfer
February 19th, 2013, 04:05 PM
What's...happening?

Like, seriously, I had no idea there was a chat for Valentine's.

Umm...I'm guessing the topic is the new pairings, so, yeah, I'm pretty happy with my pair. Sent her a message just now. I hope she doesn't think I'm an idiot, because there's a big red line between being stupid and awesome. [/brag]

Vital
February 19th, 2013, 05:00 PM
No worries, you'll only look like an idiot if you worry about looking like an idiot. So don't worry!

Oh lord, I feel like the love guru or something.

LilJz
February 19th, 2013, 05:08 PM
I still can't find the profiles of my pairs! >.<

Vital
February 19th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Oh, awks. Well, I'm sure she's in the thread, who is it?

LilJz
February 19th, 2013, 05:41 PM
KJ3400 & Darkpokeball, I haven't seen them yet :C

tabor62
February 19th, 2013, 06:03 PM
KJ3400 & Darkpokeball, I haven't seen them yet :C

kj3400 (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=312209) & darkpokeball (http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?tab=visitor_messaging&u=194863&page=3)

and hello from your friendly neighborhood creeper o 3o

AWsquared
February 19th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Well so far me and my pair for the event, Cosmotone8, have only VMed each other during the event once. During the event that is. We've talked on PC countless times before hand.

I'm slow at responding to VMs. >.> I hope I can do something in some way.

Kura
February 20th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Unfortunately the Vday events were planned a bit late. Ideally we would've given you a week or two to get to know your pair before the challenges. We made this thread here so that after being paired, everyone can just post here and hopefully the thread would move faster than remembering to reply to VMs or PMs.. also even if they chat with someone else, you still get to see what they say and you can learn more about them like that. That was the plan, anyway. But seeing how it's going now still gives us good feedback for next year :3

Either way, the newlyweds challenge is open to anyone so even if you're not paired, just grab one of your friends and go for it!!

Back to discussions.. anyone ever had a -WORST- Valentines day ever? We all know sometimes v-day can be a bummer but anyone ever had like.. just a terrible v-day? What happened? .o.

KriegStein
February 20th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Back to discussions.. anyone ever had a -WORST- Valentines day ever? We all know sometimes v-day can be a bummer but anyone ever had like.. just a terrible v-day? What happened? .o.

I think I opened up here a while ago about my v-day. I cant say it was all that terrible but not a valentines day at all. I had my last day in school and as such all seniours had parties over the school and city. :) not bad you might say. But the point is that im not such a great partier. So they were nothing special to me. In the end the day was spend by my friends apartment watching some "quality" programs etc. This was the first v-day i didnt see my best friend. We usualy go to this specific cafe and drink hot chocolate. (i guess thats the word) And since I dont see her that often due to my studies it was a bit of a setback for me.

Xilfer
February 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Well, at least I got a reply. :P

I never really cared about valentines day. Although I got this really awkward card when I was ten from someone who had a huge crush on me. She ended up stalking me for the next few months after that. -_- In all fairness, I am impossibly handsome, so I don't blame her.

Vital
February 21st, 2013, 05:02 PM
Someone's confident! Don't let that confidence get to you, though, mate.

And also... incredibly handsome at 10? I want your genomes.

Patrick
February 21st, 2013, 05:34 PM
I know it's quite unrelated to the topic at hand, but this is in regards to my post on the second page.

No thanks in part to school, and then to this overall taking a little longer than I thought, I won't have "art project #63" done for today. :( Yeah. I know how much you all were counting on it, haha.

Still, I'd like to have it done before February ends. If anyone cares and this topic still exists but just unstickied, maybe I'll post a notice (it's still love themed, anyway). Either way, I'll have changed my signature to reflect it's completion, so you'll all know it when you see it, should you catch me around on some forum thread here or there.

Back to your discussions, ya'll.

Cosmotone8
February 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Well so far me and my pair for the event, Cosmotone8, have only VMed each other during the event once. During the event that is. We've talked on PC countless times before hand.

I'm slow at responding to VMs. >.> I hope I can do something in some way.
Also it doesn't help that I'm on vacation and can't get to a computer. :(
I probably failed the newlyweds thing. xD Those were some weird questions.

Kura
February 22nd, 2013, 11:54 AM
I'm not sure what the results were gonna be, but Captain Fabio and I compared ours after we both submitted them; some were WAY off, and others were so close it was laughable! :3 I enjoyed the challenge; shame Nica isn't hosting it anymore because she loves comps, but Miss Doronjo did a fantastic job with the rest so major props to him <3