PDA

View Full Version : The Cure All Plant

Gleam Noiyam
February 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Okay. Let's say you find a plant that could cure cancer. Would you tell the world about your discovery?

I'd wait a week or two honestly because I wouldn't want to reveal that I found something that could cure cancer right away--I'd keep it a secret for a little while.

Kura
February 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I'd patent it before telling the world; that way the patent could help pay for me to get it manufactured. I want to make sure it's something that could be affordable to everyone, and I would hate for other companies to inflate prices over it.

Blade_of_darkness
February 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I would like to see if the said plant could cure all forms of mental illness. Curing cancer is all well & good, but mental problems are more prominent in this world.

Brynjolf
February 13th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I would definitely tell a scientist or someone so they could test it and verify it so no one would call me a liar. Obviously like someone else said, I'd patent the product and claim the plant for myself and learn to replicate it by breeding it with other plants first (or something scientific like that).

Hannah
February 14th, 2013, 05:25 AM
I'd contact a trusted scientist, to test if it really can cure cancer, and a publicist so I can figure out a good way to share my discovery.

Talli
February 14th, 2013, 07:49 AM
First of all I get in touch with Cancer research and tell them after that it would be up to them if they tell the world or not. I would not want to be named if it were not would not want the fame it would come after it.

it would better that way.

Esper
February 14th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I would want to tell everyone immediately, of course, all practical reasons aside. Of course we live in a sad world where people would try to profit off of something like this so I guess I'd have to wait until I could do... whatever I'd have to do to make sure it could be given to everyone. That's assuming that I actually have the plant, and that I don't just know about it. Gosh, what if the plant only grew in North Korea or something? They'd totally keep it to themselves and charge a ton of money for it. Ugh. If that were the case then I think I'd try to get it stolen, honestly.

Cassino
February 15th, 2013, 01:45 PM
One plant is better left alone, I think, than expended to briefly serve the whims of death-fearing sapients. I would allow it to be studied, on the condition that its wellbeing isn't sacrificed — this is as much a practical concern (ie. better to find a way to reproduce the active contents than use the plant itself) as it is out of my equilibrate regard for all living things.

Rϵd
February 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM
i would give it to a scientist to test if it really cures cancer of course, and then i would cure my cancer if i have one, and i'll be the first one coz i found dat plant.

Brendino
February 16th, 2013, 12:03 AM
As awful as it might sound, I'd probably wait longer than I should to release any knowledge of a "cure all" plant to the public, since I'd want to make as much money off of it as I could. I'd make sure that I had a sure-fire way of growing the plant in large quantities first of all, and find the best way to have the plant turned into mass-produced medicine (most likely through pills or vaccinations). Then, after having patented the product and creation method itself, I would finally release it to the public. It might seem like a very capitalist way of doing things, but if I didn't, someone else surely would.

♣Gawain♣
February 16th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Eh, nope? A panacea for all diseases should be kept secret. Death is important for the human population, or else the Earth would be overflowing with us.

revere
February 16th, 2013, 02:34 AM
well ofc, who would be so selfish to not tell the world such a discovery? not me ofc

Correspondence
February 16th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I probably would wait a while to decide how to go about the process to reveal it to the world and take precautions tat the plant doesn't actually go extinct because of over use.

Penta Penguin
February 16th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I would have the plant tested, and make sure the plant is protected. If it can cure cancer, you really wouldn't want the plant to become extinct, would you? You would want to make more.

Cordelia
February 17th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I'd patent it before telling the world; that way the patent could help pay for me to get it manufactured. I want to make sure it's something that could be affordable to everyone, and I would hate for other companies to inflate prices over it.

This is exactly what I would do. I don't want greedy companies making people pay exorbitant prices to cure cancer. It might seem cruel, but in the long run it'd be for the best for all the cancer patients.

Patchisou Yutohru
February 17th, 2013, 08:28 AM
This is what I would do as well.

Sodom
February 18th, 2013, 02:12 AM
I don't understand the people who have said that they would wait a little while before they told anyone. I think once you find the cure for cancer you're laboured with a duty of care to the world to share it as quickly as possible. Waiting is essentially condemning more people to death.

SoulSilver10112
February 21st, 2013, 06:50 AM
I'd grow a bunch of the plants first, get it patented, then share to the world, so there are enough of the plants to go around. That way, more people can be cured, and it will be cheaper, as there are more of the plant. And the greater the number of plants, means even more plants can be grown.