PDA

View Full Version : Another Meeting of the Prestigious Pokemon Community!

Crux
February 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Here's a question that I thought would be interesting...
If PC was a club at your school, or a group that gathered at some local store or cafe, would you have joined?
I mean with all the same people, just to clarify.
Would you still be friends with the people you are with online? Would it have taken you longer to strike up a conversation? Perhaps you'd have done so earlier?

Sora
February 14th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Not sure. I likely wouldn't if it was a high school club because I was lazy and didn't join any clubs because I was in band. That, and during the fall season the clubs I did want to join were on the same days as when Band practice was or something. But maybe if it was a College club and if didn't mess with my college schedule. Either way I would likely have different friends from here because I'm more shy irl than I am online. Most certainly I would not be whatever a 'mod' would be in the club haha.

Brynjolf
February 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
This reminds me of a thread about a PC meetup someone suggested..

I honestly think oh hell no I would not join that club. Online meetups and clubs IRL are just awkward as hell..

I would just stay away from anyone on one of my websites if I knew them in real life. :\

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Nope. It would be...interesting if that were the way PC really is, though.

Arma
February 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
I'd join. It's a lot easier for me to make friends irl, because I heavily rely on body language and facial expressions to read the mood. (I have severe trouble with sarcasm and the like online XD, plus I often use smileys and state the obvious to make sure people don't misunderstand me. And even then it still might not be enough to get the right message across.) I might not have any close friends here on pc, but I'm fairly sure we'd be even better friends if we met.

Major Ziggs
February 15th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I would absolutely love to attend a club like that! The clubs here are much less interesting so I stopped going to most of them after a couple weeks but if PC existed as a social club I'd go all the time. Especially if it was with the same people, I'd love to get to know most of the people here.

Talli
February 15th, 2013, 05:55 AM
No I would not join this club because I am very unsociable IRL.

shenanigans
February 15th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Nah. It's not because I'm too nervous or bad at being social offline or whatever. It's because I don't want any real offline connection to PC other than at some stage meeting a few people from here and that includes people knowing about PC in the first place. It'd be hard to go off to a club or whatnot without anyone else offline knowing about it. If anything, I'd come down, quickly introduce myself then just take people I wanna meet off somewhere else and tell everyone I was just meeting up with a friend.

Rainbow Arcanine
February 16th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I don't know actually, I'm sort of leaning towards a yes and no. My yes is because I'd love to meet some of the people here in real life at either a school or club and it'd be pretty cool discussing all sorts of things :3. Although I'm also leaning towards no, because I find it a bit harder making friends in real life and I'm a little bit more shy than here honestly :x.

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 06:04 AM
If PC was a club at school I feel it would be like.. the cattiest club out there tbh. I'd love to be friends with a lot of people, and I think I would be, but I probably wouldn't hang around the actual club all too often.

Cordelia
February 17th, 2013, 06:39 AM
No, I probably wouldn't have joined due to me being typically anti-social IRL... but I could have been pushed towards it if one of my close friends was a member and persistent enough to get past by social phobias.

Arago
February 17th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't have joined. I wasn't interested in clubs in high school. I probably should have been, since they help in college applications and it would've been more impressive to an admissions officer if they saw I was more involved in school, but back then, clubs passed the French club and the art club weren't my cup of tea no matter what the club was for.

If there was a club for it in my current school, I'd probably join.

Katholic Nun
February 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I definitely wouldn't have joined. In high school I was all about the group of friends I had and homework and whatnot. Extra-curricular clubs and activities were just not my thing and I avoided them out of disinterest. If I were in college now and it was a club, I'd join in a heart beat :D

I think it might have been easier to start up conversations and meet people, and I think I'd be friends with all the same people and a lot more because all the misunderstandings you can have with text conversations would not be present when everybody can see each other face to face.

Patrick
February 17th, 2013, 08:40 PM
In this university right now? Heck yeah. First of all, I'm way better at socializing iRL, I get bored too quickly online and am sorta flighty, and I can't help but type a lot. However, all that text translates to just a few minutes of speech, which is all the more engaging because face to face, we can have a real conversation.

I'd love it if we did have a Pokemon Club, or PC at my school at any rate. Would I be aquainted with the same people? Probably not. In fact, the hardest thing to do would probably be to find people who like the same Pokemon as I do.

Haha, how is that any different from now?

Hikamaru
February 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Uh no, I wouldn't join since me being anti-social (my autism is to blame for it) is the reason I never participate in many social activities, such as clubs. Although it would have been nice meeting people I've talked to on PC, sadly my fear of flying would put me off if the gathering was in somewhere like America.

Starry Windy
February 18th, 2013, 12:14 AM
If PC was a community in real life (which gathers in some place), that would be nice because I want to meet members of PC in real life. However, I might not joining it, because I was unsure of being social in real life.

♣Gawain♣
February 18th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Nah. I would probably saganize every person if I join that hypothetical club.

AWsquared
February 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Maybe. I didn't really join alot of clubs in high school mainly due to my social awkwardness and for the fact that most of them matched my interests. Though, Pokemon is one of my interests, and since Pokecommunity would mainly be a Pokemon-fan club, I'd join to talk about Pokemon with others. Plus I'd like to meet some of people I know here offline so that be cool to see them. However, judging by alot of responses here, alot of people on PC are rather shy and introverted (just like lots of people on the internet) and so the club would be rather awkward. I'm think I'd have some of the same friends though.