PDA

View Full Version : Do you/are you dictated to

Talli
February 15th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Do you dictate what you will do/ or are you dictated to what you will do a lot ?

as for me oh I am dictated to a lot by someone under 13 a lot..
If I try to dictate what is happening it always fails 100%
if this person trys it always works

So anyway do you dictate/are you the one who is dictated too a lot ?

Sweets Witch
February 15th, 2013, 07:16 AM
I guess I'm on the giving end a lot both at work and at home. The differences between my toddler and the old people I clean for are very, very small. Beryl leaves her cup on the edge of whatever higher surface is near her, while the old dude I cleaned for yesterday leaves his milk out on the counter when he's done with it. It's hard being the voice of authority in both cases, especially since it feels like I'm overstepping my bounds in the latter, but in the past I've had the family members of old people with declining mental abilities tell me to be firm or the message won't get through.

On the other side of things...I don't think anyone's had to dictate to me in a while. Daughter excluded, of course, since "Come here" isn't that much of an order.

Brynjolf
February 15th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I try to command my brothers nicely, and when I have a good tone in my voice they listen. I only have good leadership over ANYONE when I'm in a good mood.

Otherwise I will get talked back to and humiliated when I try and dictate.

I am tired of being dictated by my parents, but I'm gonna have to live with that :P

Kura
February 17th, 2013, 06:47 AM
It's not really dictating, because I do have some say.. but.. my boss tells me what tasks to do ._. So I guess that counts?

Cordelia
February 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I try not to dictate to others what to do, but my wife tends to tell me to do things around the house in the form of a honey, do list. ;_____________;

Magic Christmas Lights
February 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I don't really dictate anyone else's life or get dictated. I kind of do what I want and I don't think I have any right to tell other people what to do. Unless you mean projects and stuff like that, in which case I tend to take on leadership roles if the project interests me.

PlatinumDude
February 23rd, 2013, 09:44 AM
My family tends to dictate my actions up to the point that I have to ask permission to do something that they may not approve. In some cases, I do my own independent activities on my own.

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 23rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
My best friend somewhat does. x; But I'm used to it- she doesn't bother me. Besides, she has more common sense than I do, so her being just a bit bossy can be helpful.

I have no one to dictate, short of one of my cats. The other one couldn't care less what I say. The one in my avatar, however, will kind of obey me. I have to snap my fingers at him and loudly call his name, but he knows to stop doing whatever he's doing. He also speeds off into another room like I've lit his tail on fire.