PDA

View Full Version : Most Expensive Gift You've Bought for Someone

vaporeon7
February 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM
What is the most amount of money you have spent on a gift for someone other than yourself? What was the gift? What was the occasion?

Honest
February 15th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Haha, I brought my crush a Pikachu hat for her birthday last year (or was it the year before) since she's obsessed with hats. Unfortunately, I didn't stop to think about how ridiculous it looked, so I'm not surprised she never wore it. Not that mind though, to be honest, cause I feel like the hat would just remind me of what I felt for her.

Oh, and it cost $25 from Hot Topic. :c

Sableye~
February 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM
It technically wasn't bought for her, but I gave my best friend's little sister my DS lite. It still worked and she had really wanted one, but my best friend couldn't find one that she could afford.

If that doesn't count...I don't really know. My memory is horrible.

Talli
February 16th, 2013, 05:45 AM
I got my 3 year old a ride in remote-controlled car for £2.000 because she would not shut up about it. Oh course she was very happy with it and still using it today.

KriegStein
February 16th, 2013, 05:58 AM
A silver/pearl necklace for my girlfriend(ex nowadays).
I think it was on her birthday.
Cost made my wallet scream in agony for ages... :P

Kura
February 16th, 2013, 07:09 AM
This is a tough one because I haven't technically 'bought' it or anything yet but..

I have about £1500 set aside for my parents to come visit the UK as a vacation one day when their lives aren't so hectic right now (they have a lot of responsibilities.) I feel it's the least I could do for them at this point in my life- they helped me get set up and paid for my schooling.. and you know.. raised me, so.. why not, right?

vaporeon7
February 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I brought my brother Skyrim when it first came out. I never got to play it once though. I don't remember how much I paid for it.

Cordelia
February 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Most expensive gift... well, if it's just a gift, let's see. I bought my wife a really nice ring that she had been wanting that cost about $350. It's her mother's ring (meaning it represents my son) and she just loves it.

Sweets Witch
February 16th, 2013, 09:37 PM
I got my brother a $35 pair of headphones for Christmas. That's it, I think. The only person I'd buy expensive stuff for is my daughter and she's at that age where everything can and will be destroyed so that's not happening.

Noah Ridgewood
February 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is a $25.00 Mudkip plush that I bought for one of my best friends on her birthday, but I know I bought something for someone that costed more. I just can't remember what it was or who it was for. I know I bought a few people video games in the past, but I can't remember how much any of those cost.

Brynjolf
February 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
My friend and I went to a bookstore yesterday and I got her Black Butler volume 4 for 13$. Needless to say, I don't buy people things very much.

And then I went to best buy and got myself Insomniac, Shenanigans, and Warning: all for 15$ because the music section had a sale.

I'm selfish.

Osiris
February 17th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I've spent $50 on gifts for people a few times, but I can't remember spending any more than that. I'd actually much prefer to get people 3 $20 gifts than one for $50, so I've spent more than that on certain people, just not on certain items.

awolfsquared
February 17th, 2013, 11:57 PM
The only thing that comes to mind is a $25.00 Mudkip plush that I bought for one of my best friends on her birthday, but I know I bought something for someone that costed more. I just can't remember what it was or who it was for. I know I bought a few people video games in the past, but I can't remember how much any of those cost.

Basically the same for me. XD I got my at the time best friend a Mudkip plush for his 11th birthday that was about 15-25 dollars. Though I think my dad may have bought it for me, though it was a gift from me. *shrugs* I'm sure I bought him a pack of Pokemon cards along with it which were $5.

Though if you wouldn't count that, I would say I bought my brother a new copy of Battlefield 3 for Christmas to replace the copy I ruined when I accidentally tipped over his Xbox. I can't remember exactly how much it was but I know it was around $40 - $60.

Shining Raichu
February 18th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Well it depends.

I once bought my friend a $400 netbook because her computer died and the thought of spending my time without having her online was just not good enough to me.

That wasn't really a gift though, she was meant to pay me back (though she still hasn't and probably never will, not that I'm all that fussed about it. I wasn't really expecting to get the money back anyway but I still don't think that counts as a gift).

So if that's not counted, then I also gave her $200 cash for Christmas one year. If cash gifts don't count, then I spent $119 each on 3DSs for two of my other friends for their birthdays.