PDA

View Full Version : The Loneliest Feeling in the World...

Crux
February 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM
What would you say is the loneliest feeling in the world?
A lost game of midnight solitare? Waking up and realising you're alone? Silence?

It doesn't have to be one of these obviously, but you get the point.

Answer away.

Sableye~
February 17th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I don't really know. :?
Considering I like being alone, it's hard to think of that as a negative thing. I'll have to think about that and edit this later.

♣Gawain♣
February 18th, 2013, 12:34 AM
I'm feeling lonely right now, so I don't really know what is the LONELIEST experience I had. I will have.

Shining Raichu
February 18th, 2013, 03:25 AM
I think being in an abusive relationship would be the loneliest feeling in the world. Or when your spouse dies.

Fun times, this thread. Fun times.

KriegStein
February 18th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Loneliest feeling...standing in the autum rain. Waiting for someone to arrive but they dont. And so you catch a cold/fewer etc. And you have to stay inside for a week. :D This would be it for me. (I hate being sick)

Cassino
February 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Being in an urban centre. It's a 'so close yet so far' thing, lots of people but one can't expect to interact meaningfully with any of them.

Sweets Witch
February 18th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Silence. I live alone so I have to have some kind of noise on while I'm home or the silence really bums me out. It's not so much the actual silence as it is the thought of knowing that nobody else can break it because there is nobody else.

Osha_say_wott?!
February 18th, 2013, 03:42 PM
The loneliest feeling in the world is being forgotten by someone you can never forget..

Everyone's heart just broke :cer_eek:

Brynjolf
February 18th, 2013, 07:07 PM
The loneliest feeling in the world is being forgotten by someone you can never forget..

Everyone's heart just broke :cer_eek:

Probably being forgotten by someone you really like or know well. :(

King Goodra
February 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Experiencing the death of someone close to you leaves you feeling incredibly lonely. Felt that too many times.

I imagine the most loneliest feeling in the world would be losing your son/daughter.

Honest
February 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Waking up in the morning a month removed from a zombie apocalypse with only a pistol in hand with 2 clips, and everyone you loved and cared for either dead or a flesh eater.

Blade_of_darkness
February 19th, 2013, 08:46 AM
A day or more without access to the internet. Honestly, my social life doesn't exist outside of it, so I'll definitely be feeling lonely if I have to go without the internet.

Cordelia
February 19th, 2013, 12:20 PM
For me, the loneliest feeling in the world is when you experience a profound sense of loss such as with divorce, death, etc. That's just terrible. :(

Kura
February 20th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I'd think the loneliest feeling is either when no one believes you, and/or no one cares.

Toshiro.
February 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I'd say the loneliest feeling in the world would be silence for me. I mean, it's an incredibly powerful thing if you think about it. I just can't imagine what would make me feel lonelier than pure silence.

Mochi
February 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I never have a problem with loneliness, honestly. Growing up as an only child with no cousins the same age as you kind of drills that out of you :p

But, the loneliest feeling I've ever had was the first time my boyfriend stayed with me for a week (LDR) and when we drove him to the airport so he could go home. The drive back was miserable but when I got home and went to my room, it was probably the emptiest feeling I've had, at least recently.