• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello all!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
I'm Alex, a 17 year old who is still obsessed with Pokemon. I've been playing for 8 years now. As I type this, I am going through the Fortree Gym in Sapphire. I love the shows, and Sapphire is my favorite game. I am a huge geek.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Hey there Alex! :D Nice to have you here. Ah fortree gym... I always hated the leader there... Especialy since my teams powerhouse was my sceptile. :'D I had ruby though... So do you like 3rd gen the most? I liked it best also. Well it and the first of course since nostalgia. :D

Years
Omg can I just say how awesome your username is?! XD;; I love Thor and your that just made my day aha. Welcome to PC!

Eight years is a long time to play Pokemon; you'll find plenty of others who have been into it for as long as you have, as well as many newer fans here! Cookies for loving Sapphire though, I feel like the thunderstorm towards the end of the story was a looot cooler than the drought in Ruby, personally. Emerald is pretty awesome too (as similar as it was to R/S). Are you caught up with the games? B/W2 have been out for a while but a lot of fans I know haven't played them yet, so I'm curious. ^^

And aha, being a huge geek (in a good way, of course) is totally a-okay. In fact, you probably share that in common with a lot of us! What do you like outside of Pokemon? Maybe other TV shows, games, anime/manga, or other interests that you want to share? We likely have a section for it all regardless of where your interests lie, so hopefully you have an awesome time on PokeCommunity. Would make us all happy if you stuck around~!

Have a wonderful time and good meeting you. <3

Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for your kind reply :). My name actually comes from an inside joke, but I love Thor as well. I have White Version, FireRed, Platinum, and Sapphire. I don't have the others. Yet. I need to buy a 3DS soon so I can get White 2 and X/Y when they come out.

I'm really into D&D, and I love to write. My favorite show is Doctor Who. I spend a lot of my time reading Sherlock Holmes, as they are my favorite books, and I wantto be a detective.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Hey, Alex!

Hahahaha, yes, I love your username! xD

Welcome to PC! Don't worry about being 17 and still obsessed. There are many here who are older and still love the series (including me, but I'm only a year older than you! :p)

Hopefully you beat the Fortree Gym, haha. Hoenn is definitely among my favorite of the Pokémon regions.

Have you played another of the older games at all, or did you start with Sapphire, FireRed, Platinum, and White? You should most definitely buy a 3DS before this October so you can get to play X & Y! They look so awesome so far. I can't wait till they release more info on them! xD

That's awesome that you love reading and writing. You might take an interest in PC's fan fiction and writing forum, btw. You can post your own work there or read other fan-fics if you're interested in that type of stuff. :)

You want to be a detective, eh? Pretty cool job. Hopefully that blooms into life for you.

If you need any help or would just like to chat, don't hesitate to leave a visitor's message on my profile!

See you around, and enjoy yourself!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Feb 20, 2013
I owned Blue and Yellow for a brief spell. Only a year, until I gave them to my cousin. What was I thinking?????? XD I did beat the gym, but it took me three tries.

Back