PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

Cordelia
February 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Do you like to dress up in costumes for halloween parties or costume parties? Or do you not enjoy this activity? If you do like to dress up, what do you tend to go for? (What type of costume?)

Honest
February 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I'd like to, but I usually never get around to doing it. Either I'd have to make the costume (too much work) or I'd have to buy it (not enough money).

Cosplay's so cool though, I really need to get my act together one day. :c

Sweets Witch
February 19th, 2013, 02:12 PM
I like to make them - oh man, do I like to make them - but I never wear any because they're all cosplay pieces for my friends. I've thought about making one for myself and I'm leaning towards Ishimaru/Ishida's outfit from Dangan Ronpa (http://static.tumblr.com/c1icat4/ERYm908ix/ishida.jpg) because I really wanna wear boots like those, but we'll see. Time will tell.

Brynjolf
February 19th, 2013, 04:08 PM
http://www.pokecommunity.com/customavatars/avatar271519_50.gif

I like to dress up like Billie Joe for pretty much all occasions (just for fun, halloween, going out walking with friends because it adds to the fun).

Somniac
February 19th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I love Halloween and fancy dress. Any excuse to make a massive fool of myself is generally welcomed. I enjoy making people laugh, so if I can come up with a really stupid costume i'd happily wear it.

In high-school a group of us had 'emo-wednesday's' where we would dress and act like highly steriotyped emos, and not explain why to anyone. The next day we would act as if it never happened.

It took around a year for someone to realize we only did it on Wednesdays. The whole shenanigan was pretty amusing, and it really confused some of the teachers. My A-level Physics teacher for instance, who we only had on Wednesdays. When he saw me in the corridor on other days, he'd always look slightly confused, as if I were simply a lookalike of the student he know.

JayD
February 19th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Depends with the party and who I'm with. If it's a family party from my mom's side and they say we COULD dress up, I wouldn't because that part of my family is quite boring and I wouldn't enjoy either way, lmao.

If I'm with my dad's side of the family or some of my really close friends, I would definitely dress up into whatever I feel like dressing up at that time :P

Sammi
February 19th, 2013, 05:11 PM
I am too lazy (and a bit too cheap) to find a costume idea and then execute it. For Halloween I'm usually a witch. HOW ORIGINAL! :(

I really like the idea of getting dressed up, but I'm just bad at ideas and execution. So I typically don't bother.

Caelus
February 19th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I don't have the time or money to go around in a costume. I can't even remember the last time I wore a costume for anything.

When I have the money I might start buying some cool Halloween stuff but otherwise I don't bother.

Talli
February 20th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I would like to dress up but can't because I haven't got the time or cash too.

Kura
February 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I love costuming :3 I cosplay and I make all my costumes myself, so yes, I definitely love it; I guess you can say it's one of my hobbies too! :3

TRIFORCE89
February 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I do not. Never really liked Halloween as a kid. I personally don't see the appeal in cosplaying, so I wouldn't do it. If I want to support some fandom of mine, I'd take it down a notch and wear a t-shirt with a logo or quirky slogan XD

Sora
February 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I love the idea of dressing up! I just... wish I could do it more often but effort and (more importantly) money. But I've loved the Halloween Costumes I've done as well as the one cosplay I've done as well. I'm hoping to at least try to do more cosplays in the future.

Cordelia
February 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I am not too big of a fan of dressing up, mainly because I can never think of something to wear and I'm too lazy to bother. I'm also not creative at all. ;-;

Sableye~
February 20th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I haven't in years and I'm sure I would feel stupid dressing up now.

However, I do have a plan with my best friend to create a Slenderman costume. I want to walk around my town, scaring children. It's all fun until someone shoots me, though... :c

Mochi
February 20th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I grew out of Halloween costumes but I love cosplays.

Unfortunately it's a pretty expensive hobby and I'm frugal with no sewing skills, so I don't want to waste money learning how to sew xc But, one of my best friends is phenomenal with her cosplays.

Hikamaru
February 20th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I was never interested in fancy dress parties, and costumes never always fitted me lol.

Not to mention how not-so-posh my family is. They literally can't afford these things.

SoulSilver10112
February 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Sadly, I have never been invited to a costume/Halloween party. If I was invited to one, I would wear a costume, most likely a video game character, such as Mario.

Esper
February 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
It's great fun, but I don't enjoy it when it's forced on me. Like, I love me some Halloween, but I don't like feeling like I have to do it if I'm not in the mood. This last Halloween I wasn't really feeling my costume and I changed back into normal clothes halfway though the night and everyone got on my back about it.

Shining Raichu
February 27th, 2013, 10:36 PM
I love dressing up in costumes, but only if I can do it really well and go all out, so I don't do it often. My best costume ever was when I went to a Halloween party as a goth and was so into it that I dyed my hair blue-black on the day of Halloween.

There was still some black in my hair at Christmas time.