PDA

View Full Version : The boogeyman is watching you

Brynjolf
February 19th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Have you (and do you still) ever felt the need to run down the hallway when turning off the lights? Have you found yourself racing back under the safe sheets when you get yourself some water?

Honest
February 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Lol no. Never been afraid of the dark. Assuming that's where this thread is going.

Sweets Witch
February 19th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Nope, never. I used to be afraid of crocodiles coming up the shower drain, though. And crocodiles coming into my room when I was asleep. And crocodiles. I didn't like crocodiles when I was a kid.

Now it's just like...darkness is alright. There's nothing to trip over, and if I DO trip over something then I have enough reason to panic because that thing shouldn't be there.

Brynjolf
February 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Lol no. Never been afraid of the dark. Assuming that's where this thread is going.

Yeah I was pretty much just finding a descriptive way to say "Are you afraid of the dark". :p

Ash
February 19th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Nope. The worst thing I hate about the dark is when it is pitch black and I know there are things in the way but I don't quite know exactly where they are. But it is exactly times like that when I tread carefully rather than run back to my room.

Caelus
February 19th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I'm not that scared of the dark, at least not as much as I used to. Now when it's dark I don't really react any different than when it's brighter out, only acknowledging that it's darker than it was before.

Noah Ridgewood
February 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I did that. In fact, I still do that, though not to the extent that I did beforehand, especially when I lived at my old house and went downstairs in the middle of the night to get something to eat or to get something to drink.

I'm not afraid of the dark, though. I love the dark. I'm afraid of what quite possibly could be lurking in the dark. I'm a very paranoid person in general.

Brynjolf
February 19th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I did that. In fact, I still do that, though not to the extent that I did beforehand, especially when I lived at my old house and went downstairs in the middle of the night to get something to eat or to get something to drink.

I'm not afraid of the dark, though. I love the dark. I'm afraid of what quite possibly could be lurking in the dark. I'm a very paranoid person in general.

I was reluctant to admit it on here, but now I'll go and say that I still run down the hallway when it is my turn to turn off the lights.

Also we have big windows in the kitchen and I'm always afraid some goblin or wolf is watching me from outside. :(

Talli
February 20th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I do not think I was ever afraid of the dark but my daughter is afraid of the dark though

Sableye~
February 20th, 2013, 02:47 AM
No, I like the dark, actually.

Cordelia
February 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Yes because I've watched way too many horror films for my own good. xD They're all out to get me in the dark! Hnnggg!

Evil Stud Muffin
February 20th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Oh my god, other people do this too? I literally thought I had some issue, not that it was normal for the phobia to manifest like this!

Crux
February 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Haha, yeah, when I was five.
I think of darkness more as an old friend now.

Patatas Fritas
February 21st, 2013, 02:16 AM
Me and the dark have a complicated relationship, I'm more scared of what could be in the dark rather than the dark itself. I don't tend to run and hide when I turn the lights off anymore but I tend to walk quite quickly into the room I'm going too and I do admit I feel a lot safer underneath my bed cover than I do outside of it, as if it could protect me from the creatures of the night, I especially don't like being in my lounge because we have really big windows and I always worry something is watching me and I'm horribly paranoid as it is.

KriegStein
February 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Not anymore. As a little kid yes. But nowadays I got so used to being in the dark that I actualy see my way better at night. (I have a night-time job)

Kura
February 21st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Not at all; I love the dark and I embrace it. The only times I don't is if I'm walking home alone and it's dark; but that's more fear of people than fear of "monsters" or anything like that.

Broken_Arrow
February 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
i used to fear dark when i was young but now i don't fear it anymore....tbh i never really feared it i just feared treachery and feared it more while it's dark...you know when someone or something attacks you from behind without warning...i like to keep my back covered! right now i don't fear dark at all but i still hate treachery in the dark!

my dad gave me a name one of it's meanings is dark night or "night without moon" and people say your name points to something in your personality! i shouldn't fear dark then!

halcyonic
February 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Nope, in fact, I love the dark. Can't sleep without the dark, surfing PC in the dark feels so good, strolls around the park when it's dark can be relaxing.

But if I read too many horror books or like, watched one or two scary horror films and things like that, I will rush back to somewhere warm and cozy, but that rarely happens, like once in a blue moon.

JayD
February 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
I had a big fear of the dark when I was small lmao. Sometimes when my friends were over at my place, I would ask them to come with me until the bathroom because I was scared, hahaha.

twistedpuppy
February 22nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Have you (and do you still) ever felt the need to run down the hallway when turning off the lights?

Yes, I have and still some times do. Usually if I have just seen a really scary movie or I just have the weird feeling that someone is inside the house. O___o

Have you found yourself racing back under the safe sheets when you get yourself some water?

Uhh...no? I've hidden under the blankets when I was a kid, but now that I'm older...it's a piece of cloth. That @#$% ain't gonna do nuthin'. GET THE BAT!

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Are you kidding me, I always get excited when in the dark because if something does come out I'm pretty much thinking COME AT ME BRO with a cocky grin on my face.

Arx
February 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
I used to be afraid of the dark when i was kid. I always thought there were some people in the house.
But now, dark is a friend for me. I usually lay down in my bed listening some music in the dark.

Dreg
February 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I'm not frightened of the dark, just what could be lurking in it. So, the answer to your question is yes. I still do so, usually after watching something scary.

PlatinumDude
February 23rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
When I'm in a dark room, I try to feel my way around it slowly instead of panicking and running around, and possibly bumping into stuff.

Shining Raichu
March 2nd, 2013, 04:56 AM
I used to, but it was sort of fun at the same time. Like, it was scary in a thrill-seeker sort of way.

Now I just walk around my house in the dark all the time, completely unfazed lol. That happens when you're always getting home at 3am and your parents don't leave lights on for you.

Cosmotone8
March 2nd, 2013, 05:43 AM
Oh my god, other people do this too? I literally thought I had some issue, not that it was normal for the phobia to manifest like this!
I was thinking the same thing. ;-_-
I'm not really scared of darkness itself, but I still do this for some reason. My mind just always tells me I'm being watched and I need to get out lol.

Aslan
March 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Hmm when I was little, I used to think there were all sorts of foul and scary-looking monsters hiding in my cupboard :B. Now? I'm not sure, I still feel a little uneasy in the dark, if I can't see where I'm going or what I bump into. Also I tend to watch quite a few bone-chilling shows, along with finding out about weeping angels, I couldn't sleep properly for a week after that :P. Otherwise I'm usually fine, as long as I don't watch too many horror movies or scary episodes. :x