View Full Version : " I'm hungry" " No you are just bored"

February 20th, 2013, 6:18 AM
Do you find yourself eating something because you are bored ?
Yes I do find I do eat something because I am bored it does not happen often but it still does

-C Talli Thread 2013*

February 20th, 2013, 6:22 AM
Happens a lot lol. When I get bored I usually take a trip to the fridge and check whatever we got inside, if there's nothing I just go back to whatever I was doing at the time. And then 5 minutes later I go back to the fridge thinking some other food of my liking will just appear out of nowhere.

February 20th, 2013, 7:32 AM
All the time. Whenever I'm bored I tend to find myself circling the kitchen and looking in the fridge and pantry constantly for food even if we don't have much and it's not going to appear in the five minutes I left the kitchen.

Evil Stud Muffin
February 20th, 2013, 8:18 AM
Yes I do, explains why I'm 120 kilos to be perfectly honest.

February 20th, 2013, 1:19 PM
Hi binarypeaches I'm Hisoka and that's a cute photo

That happens to me a lot most of the time

February 20th, 2013, 1:36 PM
It happens from time to time for me- depending on my mood it's either during the day.. or later after dinner. More during the day between breakfast and lunch I just feel like snacking for snacking's sake.. and not because I'm actually hungry :c

Sweets Witch
February 20th, 2013, 2:11 PM
If I have the day off, then yeah. Some days just feel like they're meant for eating everything in sight.

February 20th, 2013, 2:40 PM
Nope. My snacks are fruit and I turn to those when I'm thirsty because a lot of water is boring

February 20th, 2013, 3:14 PM
ONLY if there is food in front of me. If I am done eating and there is food and I am bored, yes, I will eat more food.

It is a bad habit.

I don't just walk into the kitchen because I am bored and grab tons of snacks though, which I guess is good.

Otter Mii-kun
February 20th, 2013, 4:36 PM
Sometimes when I'm bored, and particularly when I'm depressed or feeling down, I find myself eating more than usual. When this happens to me I question myself on this, but it doesn't last too long.

February 20th, 2013, 5:58 PM
All the time. It's even worse on my days off. I'll be bored and go "what's there to eat?" and then I'll eat myself out of house and home if there's tasty food around. I'd be so much richer if I didn't eat so much, haha.

Edward Elric
February 20th, 2013, 6:27 PM
Yep! I can't help it. Just happens! I love to eat, and eating when your bored always seems more fun.

February 20th, 2013, 8:44 PM
I used to do that a lot growing up but now I eat every 3 hours. By the time I feel hungry again I only need to wait an hour at most in order to eat my next meal.

February 20th, 2013, 8:49 PM
Generally- no. Lately, I've been too busy to have time to be bored. But even normally, it still is a no.

February 20th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I do snack when I'm bored on occasion, but I try not to snack between meals, even if I'm a little hungry.

I actually caught myself yesterday. I had the day off, and got bored and walked into the kitchen. I was looking through the cupboard when it actually clued in what I was doing, and I realized I wasn't even hungry, and walked away.

February 21st, 2013, 12:16 AM
Most of the time. If I'm bored playing LOL or bored sketching stuff, then I will eat.

Patatas Fritas
February 21st, 2013, 2:12 AM
This is the main reason I eat as often as I do. I'm bored really often and so I'll just go and I'll eat because it passes the time until there's something to do.

Poke Fox
February 21st, 2013, 2:41 PM
I don't eat food when I'm bored, I do that a lot with drinks. I just randomly drink soda, juice, tea, or tons of water. Downside is I have to use restroom a lot (my bladder full of liquids, and then I'm doing more to it).

Even when I'm not bored, just reading topics here on PokeCommunity, I just drink what ever is available.
For example, I"m almost finishing 2 litter of Canada Dry while typing this message.

February 21st, 2013, 4:14 PM
Story of my life. Either I get bored and lazy or I get bored and hungry.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
i do like food but eating doesn't take boredom away! i eat when i'm hungry unless it's candy or snacks i eat those anytime!

Shining Raichu
February 27th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Yeah, boredom is a tried and true overeating trigger... that's what made me overweight back in the day. I still do it now, but not nearly as much as I used to... back in the day when I could eat a box of Krispy Kreme in one sitting.

Noah Ridgewood
March 2nd, 2013, 4:09 PM
Yes. That's happening to me right now (obviously, because I'm spamming OVP). I'm sitting here thinking "Oh my god I'm so bored. I'm so hungry too."

And that happens a lot when I'm home too. When I'm home, I eat. I hate being home because all I do is eat. Whaaaaah!

March 2nd, 2013, 4:15 PM
Yes. I eat all of the time because I am bored all of the time. I find excitement in eating n__n.