View Full Version : Get what I'm saying?

February 21st, 2013, 7:18 PM
Can you understand what close friends or family are saying without them having to explain? Can you "read" each other?

I'm capable of reading my best friend and she seems to be able to do the same to me. We're capable of having personal conversations with other people around, because we just have to casually drop hints for the other to understand. Or we can refer to a past occurrence/conversation if that specific word would catch too much attention.

February 21st, 2013, 7:53 PM
I can read most people pretty easily... I'm not exactly the life of the party...
But sadly, no. I don't have any relationships that are close enough to. "xD

February 21st, 2013, 9:02 PM
Yeah most of the time.
One time I was high on Ritalin at school and apparently I talked about a chocolate man a lot and how my friend should go catch him so we could eat him for dinner. Chocolate man was a black man it turns out, and he was in special ed. Every damn time that black guy walks by, Aimee just looks at me and laughs every time. And I was acting pretty absurd (I certainly didn't think so at the time) and whenever we're in need of a joke that's what we turn to.

TLDR Don't go to school high on Ritalin please or your friends won't let you hear the end of it.
Actually don't get high on Ritalin at all.

Also I can just tell what one of my friends is talking about (a certain event/past conversation, ect) if they mention one person it was with and where.

Sweets Witch
February 21st, 2013, 9:21 PM
Sometimes. A lot less than I'd like to admit, actually. Sometimes it feels like I understand the words that are being said but I can't fully understand where they're coming from because I can't relate, but in those situations it does more harm than good to say "Sorry bro but I've never been there before" instead of just going with it.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
only one person and I will admit that that person is my Daughter's friends mum.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
yeah,i do..sometimes it's easy with some people sometimes it's a bit hard..i'm very good at reading people minds,but i only do that with my close circle of people!do i need more than that! i won't bother

February 22nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
My boyfriend most definitely, and probably also a little bit with my mom :3

Evil Stud Muffin
February 22nd, 2013, 1:07 PM
Me and my dad, and on some wavelength a friend of mine. Me and him don't see eye to eye and have 100% brotelekenisis but we get where each other is coming from and can sense the outcome of our conversations pretty well.

February 22nd, 2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, the few people I'm close with I understand very well. If I take the time to get close to someone, it's easy for me to pick up on their mannerisms and such, even if said friend is online.

Hydro Pumper
February 23rd, 2013, 1:44 AM
I'm fairly close to my dad. As far as I can remember we have always looked at situations almost identically which helps a lot when looking for advice to a problem. :)

Amongst my closest friends as well. We're able to catch each others drift pretty well probably due to the longevity of our friendships, and how in that time we have adapted to each other's individual personalities and habits. :3

February 23rd, 2013, 7:21 AM
I can figure out what my wife's saying when she says "can you get me that thingy" at times, but other times I make her tell me what it is, which is quite hilarious in itself.

Magic Christmas Lights
February 24th, 2013, 2:30 PM
I can read people pretty easily. I'm really good at catching facial expressions, even really quick ones.

Shiny Celebi
February 24th, 2013, 3:45 PM
I generally can read people and sometimes can tell something is wrong without them saying it. Im observant so can pick up when people behave differently than usual.

Shining Raichu
March 2nd, 2013, 5:12 AM
My best friend and I work this way. Our personalities sync together in such a way that we're impervious to the outside world. I can tell when she'll be unhappy before she even is, just by the situation that's occurring.

It stems from the fact that she's not a very social person and I'm one of the few people she'll willingly interact with lol

March 2nd, 2013, 5:21 AM
My brother and I are like this. I can read him really well, because we've lived together for so long. The other day, we were chatting at the dinner table, and we said the exact same thing at the exact same time. It was kinda freaky, lol, but it shows how in sync we are.