PDA

View Full Version : Gossip?

Kura
February 24th, 2013, 02:32 PM
What's your opinion, thoughts, and experiences on gossip?

Are you the victim of gossip? Do you engage in gossip? Do you like gossip? Hate gossip? How much truth do you feel is in gossip? Do you ever spread gossip yourself? Ever got caught up in gossip you didn't want to be? What was the worst situation? I want to know the gossip on your gossip! ;3

Broken_Arrow
February 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
i don't like it at all,i don't like to talk about people ..i may do talk about afew people but not in a bad way and when i do then i'm very angry with those people.

when i was young i used to hear people always gossip about others..i used to hear lots of lies about other people just out of jealousy or destroying their names...i met my best friend irl after hearing a gossip,i went to ask her while i didn't know her well..hey!,i heard that.... is that real! she asked who said that! tbh i didn't feel what was said about her was real anyway..she seemed nice quite personality a bet clumsy but i wouldn't want another best friend than her!!

IMO when you listen to a gossip either it was a lie or real you let the chance to others if it's not the same person who gossiped with you to Gossip about you later..so i prefer not to gossip or listening to people who say it!

hey people,don't make me angry so i won't gossip about you!...hopefully at least! lol

Shiny Celebi
February 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
I dont like gossip and backtalk in general and find spreading rumors and stuff generally bad, so I dont get involved. Im unaware of people gossiping about me and such.

Cassino
February 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I don't care about gossip, I don't remember it, nothing.
I don't expect I even know what it is.

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I think it's stupid. :?
I don't gossip, assuming telling my best friend about amusing stuff that happens in my classes counts as "gossiping". T:

Crux
February 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
"And then they got even worse, and I don't even get this! People started saying that after eat the squirrels I use their fur to make my own underwear."

Meh, I take gossip as it is. Gossip and Rumors. He said, she said. You get the point.
It can be useful fun obnoxious to spread nasty rumors though, so I do don't spread any. :x

Brynjolf
February 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I am not really the victim of gossip, except for one time.

I told one of my friends I was okay with the idea of smoking pot, and EVERY DAY for about a month since then, people'd come up to me and ask "I heard you blaze man, is that true?" or "You wanna hit after school?" or even "Hey wanna share a joint later". Stuff like that.

Not that I didn't want to share a joint ;) Which I did not do, but.. yeah.

Other than that I do not spread gossip, believe in gossip, care about it, ect. :(

Talli
February 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
I hate gossip and would not take part in it if I heard people doing it.

LilJz
February 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM
I'm not really a victim of gossip. I don't really mind gossip if it's a good thing they have to say (which rarely happens).

Anna
February 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I actually think gossip is interesting as a form of communication. It's not a requirement of gossip to be hurtful or slanderous. At its most basic, it's an sharing of ideas and views concerning other people. It can be and often is a discussion of behaviour, perception, and interaction. There's generally an element of truth to gossip, but the very nature of it is that it's opinion-based. And it's really interesting to listen to! I think it's less interesting to participate in, but participation requires concentration and input so that's not surprising. Since 'interesting' is kind of an objective notion.

Participating in gossip can be kind of therapeutic in a way. Just to be able to share the feelings and ideas you've been forming with someone else is nice. I shy away from anything that is becoming vicious or just plain wrong, though. Because that's not okay.

Kevin
February 25th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Victim in gossip only this one time while dating a drama-craving girl. Smh, she made things such a big deal when she broke up with me. But yeah, either than that, I haven't been a victim.

I don't like gossip, but sometimes I find myself engaged in it without knowing. But I have been caught up in gossip with one of my ex-friends last year. But I do think that there's a truth to gossip, even if it's twisted up in words.

Sweets Witch
February 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I love listening to gossip but I never actually repeat anything I hear. It's just entertaining to listen to my friends dish about their college roommates. It's (almost) never anything embarrassing; it's usually just them airing their grievances like "So today ______'s boyfriend bought her flowers and she threw a tantrum because there weren't enough and they were the wrong kind".

Oryx
February 25th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Not surprised that most people won't admit to gossiping.

I don't think gossip is necessarily a bad thing. It's branded with a negative label, but discussing other people has a lot of benefits - you can work out your own feelings towards that person, you can get a neutral third party to tell you if you're overreacting (if you're upset that is), you can learn if something is normal or out of line based on how other people react to it. There are people in my life that I share pretty much everything with. People would probably call this gossiping, but the way I see it, these people are a big part of my life. When I'm talking about my life, the talk of conversations or interactions I had with other people is a huge part of it. So it's natural to share.

Sodom
March 2nd, 2013, 05:22 AM
"No I don't gossip! Not at all!"

Everybody loves gossip whether they want to admit it or not lol. Except maybe Cassino, I'd believe he doesn't like gossip since he doesn't like anything that takes place outside his own mind. I personally love gossip, it's exciting and fun talking about other people. Positive gossip is uplifting and negative gossip is therapeutic. There is no down side from where I sit.

I hope people gossip about me.

Cosmotone8
March 2nd, 2013, 05:31 AM
I never spread gossip, nor do I care about any gossip that comes my way unless it involves me. Even then, I don't care enough to do anything about it. It doesn't matter really to me. :/