PDA

View Full Version : Your voice is hurting my ears!

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 25th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Do you like your voice?
How different is your voice from when you're speaking compared to singing?

LilJz
February 25th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I hate my voice ._.

Even more when I'm singing LOL. Singing isn't my forte at all.

Nathan
February 25th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I'm happy with my voice. It is masculine enough even though some people think it's too masculine.
When singing, my voice is totally different. It turns into a normal one(not too masculine and not too feminine)

⊗Slenderman⊗
February 25th, 2013, 06:43 PM
The way my voice sounds actually varies. In the morning, it's really raspy- think Abby from NCIS, only worse. T: The rest of the day, it's still a bit raspy, but certainly not that much. I don't like my voice and honestly used to talk in a slightly different way to cover up the grate-y sound it has.

However, when I'm singing, my voice sounds quite feminine (my normal voice seems pretty neutral to me) and is very gentle. Doesn't even sound raspy. I don't understand that, but nobody hears me sing, anyway.

On video, though...I don't watch the video digest on my camera (I didn't even know it does that until I found some of the videos) unless the volume is turned off. If that's what my voice really sounds like, it's no wonder why people don't like me. T:

Sammi
February 25th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I don't mind my voice when I hear it. Seems average then. It's when it's recorded and played back to me that I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. It sounds really childish and stupid. But I think a lot of people are like that, in that they don't like hearing their voice off a recording?

Not too sure how different it is when I sing. I don't sing too much anymore.

For the record, this is why I never do the accent challenge: I'd want to listen to what I say again to make sure I don't swear, but I can't stand listening to myself, so no. :(

Vital
February 25th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I like my voice, because it defines who I am, and I'm proud for that. Enough said.

Well, my singing voice sucks, might as well admit that

Sweets Witch
February 25th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I've always felt weird about my voice because I've never heard it clearly from an outsider's perspective. I only know what it sounds like to me. It's really troubling because I like how it sounds to me but it could be horrific to others.

Castform
February 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I hate my voice. IDK if it is just because I hear myself talk all of the time, but I am just very displeased with the way I sound.

Talli
February 26th, 2013, 01:29 AM
After listening to myself talking on a video I can clearly say I do not like my voice.

♣Gawain♣
February 26th, 2013, 01:44 AM
I have second thoughts, concerning the tone of my voice. I'm in the neutral ground, so I do not hate of like my voice.

Brynjolf
February 26th, 2013, 04:06 PM
When I'm tired my voice sounds okay. (because I sound high)

When I'm just talking though, I sound nerdy and super hyper

Penta Penguin
February 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I don't mind a voice at all, albeit a little deep. And, my voice isn't that different when I sing, if I sing. Not much of a singer, more of an impressionist.

Katholic Nun
March 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
I've honestly never given all that much thought to my voice. On my list of insecurities, it doesn't even rate a mention lol.

I guess it's fine. It sounds like a normal voice.

Arago
March 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
I used to be really insecure with my voice, but now that I usually have regular telephone conversations with a few people, it really doesn't concern me all that much.

I love singing and you would die happy if I sang and you had the luck of hearing my beautiful voice.~

Broken_Arrow
March 3rd, 2013, 01:33 PM
i'm okay with my voice..but i feel weird when i hear it recorded!!

i love singing..and my voice is totally different in singing than talking.

Captain Fabio
March 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
I don't mind my voice, it can sound stupid at times though when I hear it back! -____-;

Cherrim
March 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
I don't mind my voice. It's a little lower than I'd like sometimes but the alternative is using my phone/customers voice and that would get annoying real fast. Luckily, I'm not in any position to hear my voice a whole lot so I rarely get reminders of how it actually sounds.

AWsquared
March 3rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
I don't like my voice much , it's one of my biggest insecurities. It's very nasally and somewhat higher pitched and I really don't like it much. In the morning or when I'm tired it sounds a bit high and rapsy but as I rest or later in the day it sound a bit deeper and clearer.

My singing voice isn't much better.

Lilith
March 3rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
I dislike my voice because I sound rather young. I mean, sometimes, I sound like I am 5 years old. I don't want to put anyone through that misery. I get nervous when talking on the phone or on microphone for skype/ps3, if that ever happens. I don't sing much, either.

Crux
March 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Unless i'm not feeling well, i'll be honest, I actually like my voice.
I'm a vocalist though, so I guess I have to. X)

daigonite
March 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I'm okay about my voice. I think my singing voice is average. A lot of people online think I sound like some annoying 12 year old when I'm in game though, so I avoid talking online. My boyfriend thinks my voice is really cute though and loves my singing voice :s

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 6th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Nowadays I sound like a chain smoker in their 60s, I guess too much testosterone is a bad thing afterall. I still like my voice though.

Correspondence
March 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM
My friends say i can sing decent enough but i don't know..

Troye
March 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
I like it, because it's decently deep, and it doesn't bother me (but that's probably because I don't hear it that often). Singing-wise I tend to sing higher than I talk, and although I personally don't like my singing voice that much, apparently it's decent?

Cosmotone8
March 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
At the moment, I hate my voice. Its been so cracky as of late, always at the worst time. That's puberty, I guess.

Isaac
March 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I like my voice, but it is sooooooo weird and ugly when I'm on the telephone...wish my telephone voice would change :c

Shiny Celebi
March 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I feel like my voice is kinda high pitched and Ive heard it before. I can't stand the sound of it and I feel like sometimes it may annoy people -_- yet one of many reasons I dont talk very much.

Cariad
March 9th, 2013, 07:24 AM
My voice is a little too deep for my liking, I think I'm a bit male-sounding to be honest. Otherwise it's okay, but I really dislike my accent, some of the words I pronounce sound funny to other people.

Kura
March 9th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I don't like my voice at all; and I'm a horrible, horrible singer @_@..

Overlord Drakow
March 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I'm also a terribad singer but I think my voice is alright.

Autumn Reverie
March 9th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I don't mind my voice. I actually think I sound decent in recordings; I've heard my voice in a video I recently made for an assignment. As for my singing voice, I like it. :3 I also find my recorded singing voice quite alright. I love singing~ If I didn't like my voice, I wouldn't like singing, no? xD

Mr Cat Dog
March 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM
My voice is... fine, I guess. Apart from my family, no one can actually determine what specific accent I have (as opposed to general British) which can be a fun game to play on new acquaintances. But I have no real strong feelings about it one way or the other; it's just my voice, and since I'm not going to change it any time soon, I might as well accept it.

My singing voice is OK. It's not amazing, but I can hold a tune and I've got good pitch. I'm no Beyonce, but it'll do.

TRIFORCE89
March 11th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I have no idea. I can't remember the last time I sang.

I'm a humming person

Munchlax11
March 11th, 2013, 05:54 PM
I wish my voice was just a little deeper. It's not really something I think about. Doesn't bother me all that much.

Gyardosamped
March 11th, 2013, 06:17 PM
When I'm speaking in person with someone, I'm completely fine with the way I sound, but when I'm speaking to someone online through a mic, it seems like my voice becomes super high-pitched. That's where my insecurities come in, I guess. I think everyone has that problem, though, where there voice seems to change when they speak through any electronic device.

My singing voice is quite unique (;)), let's say, haha. I can't sing to save my life. If I'm in public, I'll usually just hum to the beat of any song that's stuck in my head. I wouldn't ever dare to sing in public, however, unless, of course, I'm either joking around with someone or imitating an artist or something.