PDA

View Full Version : Pimples & Acne

curiousnathan
February 27th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Those nasty, puss-filled, red, stinging, confidence-destroying pests that we've either been lucky enough to avoid, or unlucky enough to have them.

So what's your view on pimples/acne? Do you have pimples? Did you suffer from Acne during your youth or your adulthood? Do you still suffer from them? What effects did having acne/pimples have on you? Did you lose self-confidence, or were you not bothered by them? Do you ever feel embarrassed or ashamed about your pimples? Why? And finally, what type of pimples do you suffer from? Do you get stress pimples? Do you suffer mainly from sweat pimples? Or have they just...popped up for no particular reason?

(I know that's a ton of questions, you don't have to answer them all haha.)

As for me, I do suffer a bit of acne -- nothing too major though. I'm not ashamed of my pimples because well...they're normal during my current lifestage. My pimples don't affect my self confidence nor do they impact on my social interaction with others. I mainly suffer from your normal teenage hormonal pimples/acne, but when I'm stressed (which is quite a fair bit) I tend to sweat and that when all hell breaks loose haha.

What about you? Do you have a particularly pimply problem that needs popping? (Try and say that 10 times fast).

Overlord Drakow
February 27th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Well, one of the (very few) advantages to not being white is that I've been fortunate enough not to have had any severe acne problems - I noticed during my time that most of the people I've encountered who have had issues with pimples have been white or towards the white end of the spectrum.

Hikamaru
February 27th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Given I have very fair skin, I'm prone to pimples and acne. It makes my face look so ugly I have to use facial soap, cream and toner every single time after I shower.

There's always never a time where my face doesn't have a single pimple, so consider me unlucky. But then again I do have a family history of pimples appearing heavily on my face so I guess that justifies it.

TRIFORCE89
February 27th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I don't know if I'd say that I "suffered" them as a teen, but I did experience them just as everyone does. I knew other people who had a really bad case of them. Like, they're face was totally covered and bright red and it led to a scarring effect.

Didn't want that happening to me, so I got some topical thing to apply whenever one did show up. And used, and still use, a facial soap.

No problems~

Talli
February 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Well I did when I was going though my teenage years but not now.

Synerjee
February 27th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Ah, pimples and acne, my dearest enemies. xD I suffer from them and always have for quite a long time. For me, they tend to suddenly appear without prior warning, though they also tend to be associated with...PMS. :P

Although I regularly wash my face with a facial cleanser after almost every bath, I always tend to have at least that one stubborn, tough pimple that manages to evade death lol. I used to have much more serious acne problems before I started using that facial cleanser, but thank goodness that this problem doesn't bother me much now.

When I notice a pimple on my face, I always tend to want to get rid of it by popping it although I know it isn't the best way lol. I don't get embarrassed over it nor does it lower my self esteem, but I do get pretty conscious over it and how it affects the way I look, therefore making me want to pop it all the more ahha. xD

PlatinumDude
February 27th, 2013, 11:22 AM
I had a bad case of acne on my forehead for the past several years, but it's been treated mostly, since I went to the dermatologist at least every six months.

Sweets Witch
February 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I get big pimples enough so that it's annoying but not enough to be constant. Got the remainder of one on my forehead right now, but that's it. It's calming down from how it was when I was younger, though.

Aeon
February 27th, 2013, 02:31 PM
It used to be getting crazy, but I've been trying to manage it. Unfortunately, scratching my face when I was younger has left me with a patch of scars. Not too happy about that.

Kura
February 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I only get the occasional pimple now, but I have rosacea (my cheeks flush easily) and I'm self conscious about it. I know some people say it looks good and I never have to wear blush, but I rather have the option as it just looks like a big blemish to me :c..

Dakota
February 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I only get the occasional pimple now, but I have rosacea (my cheeks flush easily) and I'm self conscious about it. I know some people say it looks good and I never have to wear blush, but I rather have the option as it just looks like a big blemish to me :c..

So a flush is basically having rosy cheeks, huh? I always thought that was cute, never knew people were self conscious about it.

Anyway, I don't suffer from acne for the most part. And as nasty as it might sound, if I do have some acne, I have a bad habit of popping it. Not something you should do obviously, but it never really impacted me. Either I didn't get the scars, or I'm too dark for them to be visible. -shrug-

But yeah, for the most part, I'm clean. I do get complimented on my complexion a lot, but I dunno if that incorporates acne or not.

Mochi
February 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I'm extremely pale however I'm happy to say that I don't break out at all, $300/month for skin care does give me my bang for the buck, especially when I only have to splash warm water on my face to wash it. No silly Proactiv for me, although Neutrogena is a very good, as I use their moisturizer.

Brynjolf
February 27th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I have mild acne (only sometimes it is horrible) and it doesn't really affect me in any way, except for the fact that I am addicted to picking them. :(

Sammi
February 27th, 2013, 05:03 PM
I still got really mild acne. It's all on my chin, so I suspect it's from touching it too much. And then I pick at them and it makes it look worse than they would if I were to just leave them be. >__<; When I was a kid, I used to have it on my forehead too, but now I never get them there. Instead I have a bunch of acne scars from when I'd pick at them! Yay!! Oh, and I have eternal blackheads on my nose. I've given up on those.

I don't mind my acne personally, just wish I'd stop touching my face. Don't think I really had severe confidence issues from it. If I did, it'd all be self-inflicted.

My pimples are all small, but sometimes I get a huge one during my period. Those are the worst. D:

Flydro
March 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Thankfully, I'm someone who can say I've never had to deal with any real acne problems. I'm 21 now but even in my younger teenage years I never suffered from acne. Sure I would get a pimple here and there but that's about it. Every now and then a pimple will try to show up on my face but I usually pop it and put neosporin on it, and it goes away without leaving a scar. I've had friends with acne and have seen a lot of really bad cases of it over the years so I know I'm very lucky. From what I know of, acne doesn't run in my immediate family so that could explain it. I don't really use any facial cleansers or anything like that, but I try to keep my skin healthy by using Dove soap (any soap really, but Dove is a good brand for me) to wash my face and use baby lotion sometimes. I also have a habit of "steaming" my face to wake myself up in the morning, where I just take a hot wet towel and wipe my face with it. Feels relaxing for some reason. Yeah I know the way I manage my skin sounds kinda feminine-like, but it seems to work for me because I don't have to worry about acne.

Mr Cat Dog
March 4th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I had a fair bit of acne when I was a teenager but, now that puberty's all out of the way, nowadays I actually have really good skin despite all of the crap that I put into my body. My diet hasn't changed all that much since I was 15, but my skin is somehow completely blemish-free, which is nothing short of a miracle! I was never really bothered by acne, as most people in my peer group suffered from it to a certain extent, and mine wasn't that bad. Indeed, I didn't really notice it had gone until people kept mentioning how great my skin was when I got to university. It was just a part of me and... now it's not, I guess!

Sodom
March 4th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Jon, I hate you.

I started getting acne when I was around 15, and my skin has never looked back and thought "oh hey I should probably stop now". When I was a teenager, acne never much bothered me, but now that I'm an adult it's one of my biggest insecurities. I hate it so much. Oddly enough I don't find it that unattractive on other people, but I think it makes me look hideous. I guess everybody is harder on themselves than they are on everybody else lol

Keiran
March 4th, 2013, 03:13 AM
I've actually never had acne issues, but the when my facial hair starting coming in I guess a lot of it became ingrown or whatever because I would often have red spots all over that weren't acne. So it kinda did look like I had acne. :[

When I was like 14-18 years old I would get some acne under my hairline because I had long hair and was often sweaty, but that's about it. Thankfully it was mostly unseen.

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I've never had a huge problem with acne but I get enough to where it bothers me a little. It's a little better now then when I was younger but I'm hoping by the time I'm in my 20's it's all gone.