PDA

View Full Version : That one special place

Castform
February 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Growing up as a kid whenever I wanted to escape from everything and be alone just to clear my head I went to my special place. It was a little area in the woods behind our house where the trees were bent over to almost where it made a little cave of trees. I would take my gameboy or a book and a flashlight and stay there for hours.

So what I want to know is did you have a special place where you went to be alone, a place that only you knew about and found enjoyment being there?

Ephemeral Euphoria
February 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Last time I had a special place was when I was around 12 or so.

It was a little bank by the lake near the house we just moved into back then, great fishing spot for those on vacation but I preferred to just rest my back next to a tree while I stared into the clear waters for hours on end while occasionally playing my copy of Pokemon Ruby.

Java's Missingno.
February 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
When I lived out in the countryside, our house was on top of a hill in a large acreage, dotted with pine trees. One time I decided to ride my bike down the hill, and hit a large bump in the hill. The bike and I were both unharmed, but I had landed in this near-perfect circle of pine saplings. It was kinda breathtaking to young me, and I started going back there whenever I wanted time alone.

Unfortunately, it was quite a ways down the hill and one time I really upset my parents because I didn't hear them calling. DX

Nowadays, I go to my apartment complex's weight room. Obviously it's not known only to me, but very few people actually use it, so I can just walk on the treadmill and listen to music or be alone with my thoughts.

Sweets Witch
February 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
It used to be a tree where a childhood friend and I spent a lot of time, but now that tree's on the outskirt of a high school track and I can't just go hang out there whenever I want anymore. Plus it's pretty far away from where I currently live.

Broken_Arrow
February 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM
aw i like that thread! ^^

when i grow up ..i either go somewhere behind my house it was full of sand mountains as a new house was about to be built i used to sit there and make scary stories so later i go to say it to my sisters to scar them at night!lol or just end up somewhere near the sea which i still do till now..Mediterranean!! my BEST secrets keeper! <333333

Sableye~
February 28th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Kind of.
There's this place in some woods that I like to lurk around. It's difficult to get to it because of thorny bushes (whenever I go there, I end up with my hair caught in branches and my legs torn up by thorns), but worth it. It gets muddy, though, because of a little creek back there. I'm going to have to dig up my camera, now, and find my pictures of it.

Brynjolf
February 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I live in the suburbs.. So no forests for me. :(

I love hanging out in deserted buildings/lots while the sun sets.

Talli
March 1st, 2013, 01:37 AM
I never really had one growing up in the lower part of a town, so no Forest/garden or even a small bush that was my own special place to go when I wanted to be alone.

Evil Stud Muffin
March 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
I only had places like that up till I was 10. It was either my closet which was pretty damn huge, or underneath the dining room table with a cloth over it and the chairs making myself a fort. It had 2 legs in the middle that were literally shaped > < and it provided some wicked hiding.

Shining Raichu
March 7th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I never had one of those places, because I never really had an urge to be alone. I even hung out in the living room instead of my bedroom (and still do) because I can do that and be left relatively undisturbed.

We did have a cubby house though?

Correspondence
March 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I would just crawl under the table when i wanted to be alone when i was a kid but now I just lie in bed whenever I want to be alone.