View Full Version : Are you happy with your username?

February 28th, 2013, 8:00 PM
In the past, soon after the announcement of username changes removal I asked "Will you regret your final username change?" I'm asking this question here again. Did you regret it? If you could redo time would you change it again? Why & to what? If you're newer, do you wish you signed up with something different (especially if you didn't know there was no name changes)? Use those sexy fingers of yours and click "reply" to this thread!

February 28th, 2013, 8:03 PM
I definitely do not regret it! I think this name suits me more than my original username, and what's scary is that I almost didn't get it. Hiiro/Aerilyn's username was Sydian right before the final day for name changes and I had used it previously, so after discussing it with him, he went back to Hiiro and I went back to Sydian. And really, I think had it not been for that and the "he stole my name!" feeling, I'd still be SilverSmeargleSplatter. Shivi, if you're reading this, thanks for stealing my username! <3

February 28th, 2013, 8:33 PM
Absolutely not! I've had this name for five years, and it's very difficult to think of myself under a different name. Honestly, there's no other name I could think of to use. (Which is a shame because it's kind of a known name, and sometimes it's taken.)

I'm glad that I got the inspiration for this name when I did. Otherwise, I would have missed out on it entirely and would have been stuck with a name that never led me to being happier.

February 28th, 2013, 8:40 PM
Has it really been almost 8 years since I've had this name? I'm growing old. But yeah, no reason to be unhappy. Generic but not too hard to remember.

Sweets Witch
February 28th, 2013, 8:48 PM
I don't regret this one at all since it's only been a little over a month, but the ones I used years ago make me cringe. Truth be told, if I remembered the passwords I would have ended up using one of them again for simplicity's sake but it was a blessing that I don't remember things from my adolescence very well.

February 28th, 2013, 9:19 PM
I'd probably change to curiousnathan or just Nathan out of a sheer thirst for change.

Rainbow Arcanine
February 28th, 2013, 9:30 PM
Ehhhh I like it sort of. :P

I don't know, I'd probably change it if I could honestly to something shorter or something else. Altaria was always one I liked and I'd change to that if it wasn't taken or maybe Altair. :D

February 28th, 2013, 9:45 PM
I have no regrets about my choice. It's made up of 1) Torn City, the text-based MMORPG I found years ago and I still play today, and 2) the nickname my friends gave me because I reminded them of various characters named Zero.

The only thing I don't really like is people automatically just calling me "Torn", but it's bearable. I've begun using other usernames on different places, though. I have four in total that I regularly use now, including this one.

February 28th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Since my username here is basically the same as what I use for a bunch of other things, I can't see any reason why I'd change it.

I almost decided to change my username when we had our final opportunity, but I really felt it would've just been change for change's sake, and I think I would've regretted it if I hadn't left it alone.

February 28th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Nah, I'll do a quick reply instead.

I'd only change mine to Vaporeon7 with a capital V.

February 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM
If Aryan username was not taken, then I would change my name from Aryan143 to Aryan.

March 1st, 2013, 12:56 AM
I am kind of used to Curtis Talli now so no I do not regret my chose of username.

March 1st, 2013, 7:19 AM
I love my username a lot. :3 I've used this username for a lot of things and I see no reason to change it. I also can't find any other username that might suit me better other than my current one as it is a combination of parts of my real name. Nothing can be better than that! xD

March 1st, 2013, 7:23 AM
Yes, it's fine. I really don't care at this point.

March 1st, 2013, 7:56 AM
I'm alright with this name, given there's an unusual origin behind it. I joined long after the name changes were killed off and this was my old username on Bulbagarden (I have since rejoined that forum on a new account) so it sorta carried over to here.

I like the name Hikari, and blame my former fangirl status towards Dawn/Hikari for it, "Hikari" was already taken so I had to add on those numbers. The 10 actually comes from October, the month I was born in. Even though I have been using different names elsewhere as of late (such as Daikenki on PokeSphere and Ever Grande, and OshyHikari on Twitter, Ask.FM and the Pokemon Showdown server) but I don't regret choosing this name at all.

I'm still proud of this name despite having to use generic numbers. Despite the fact I rarely use the character I named myself after in my forumsets anymore, but I guess it had something to with me being all grown up eh?

March 1st, 2013, 8:13 AM
I like mines, since LilJz is pretty much unique to me since it represents my name and the Lil used to represent how short I was, haha. Although I would remove the 1234 if it was possible *_*

March 1st, 2013, 8:40 AM
Renpuu all the way ! If Renpuu was taken, I'd add 5000, just liked the number.

March 1st, 2013, 8:45 AM
I'm pretty much fine with the username I have. It's unique and I don't see myself changing it. AWsquared was pretty much the name I had in mind when signing up so I don't mind having it forever. It's the username I use on almost every site I join along with Kouzan. If anything I'd change it to Kouzan if given the chance for the sake of changing it, but I'm satisfied with AWsquared.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 1st, 2013, 9:55 AM
Honestly I don't like this username as much as I used to back when I first came up with it and used it primarily as a gamertag. Granted it was sastifactory back when I was still 17 but now it just feels dated compared to my main alias of Magus nowadays.

March 1st, 2013, 10:31 AM
If I had to change it I would most likely use Hollowman, or Skellington.
But to be honest i'm fine with Rococo. It just rolls off your tongue so beautifully. :x

March 1st, 2013, 10:49 AM
Nope not at all I like my username and I never changed it when you could I enjoy the Moonlight very much XD

March 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't change it even if I was offered money.

Evil Stud Muffin
March 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Nope, being a royalty is pretty sweet, and I would have nothing less.

Golurks Were Meant to Fly
March 1st, 2013, 11:33 AM
I would probably change it just to Golurk (if that isn't taken which I'm guessing it is). I don't know, there's something I reaally dislike about my username, but also a part of me that really likes it? I guess it's just because I'm known as it now :I

March 1st, 2013, 11:36 AM
I would change it. It's that it looks strange without me using a red theme. It just bores me out! But my Red fanboy status just...says "don't change it!"...ack! I dunno! Hmm...so yeah, I would...toooooooooo............

Jayox , AppleJay or RainbowJay.

March 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
I don't hate my name but I certainly don't love it. I just don't like having my actual name on display to everyone so I'd definitely remove that part of I could, and 'Cake' seems a bit immature/eh so I'd get rid of that too. If I could change it I'd be Ryudo, I've always loved that name so much, but alas that's not happening!

March 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
I actually don't mind my username, I like it a lot. I've used this username for almost a year now here, so yeah.

Overlord Drakow
March 1st, 2013, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't change it even if I was offered money.

As for me, while I am happy with my username, if offered enough money I would be happy to change it.

March 1st, 2013, 1:06 PM

As for me, while I am happy with my username, if offered enough money I would be happy to change it.

Give Drakow enough money and he would change his username to "Pretty Pink Princess"

March 1st, 2013, 1:16 PM
Yeah I'm happy with mine and I wouldn't change it :3

March 1st, 2013, 1:29 PM
yeah i like my usernames...i won't change it if i had the chance ..... Broken Arrow is lovely to me! <3

March 1st, 2013, 2:41 PM
Do I regret changing my name from ~Bloodex. to just Bloodex? Nope, the squiggle and period just seemed unnecessary, so I'm quite pleased actually. Do I love it now? Meh, well, I always complain about it, but in reality, I still like it. :-]

White Mage
March 1st, 2013, 3:36 PM
I'm pretty happy with my username. Of course, "Delta" was taken, so I had to improvise. But the strike through the "D" just makes me more recognizable, so I'm ok with it.

March 1st, 2013, 3:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of my username. I might make another account with an alternate name of Slenderman, eventually.

March 1st, 2013, 3:46 PM
Looking back, I wonder why I wrote my name in all lowercase characters without spaces...
El Arma Secreta looks a lot better IMO, plus more people wouldn't spell my name wrong xD (just call me Arma btw)

March 1st, 2013, 4:44 PM
My username is okay. Makes me look like a weaboo when I'm not anymore. However the name Sammi was taken when last renames came up, and I didn't want to be stuck with my then-username Sana forever. I like having my name in my username so I was willing to revert back to this account's original username, despite the Japanese honorific.

Better than nayana_1120 at least. :p

If username changes were to come up again, I'd come up with something else. But since that's not happening, I'm content with sammi-san. :3

March 1st, 2013, 4:56 PM
No, many people become harder, but I became softer.
My name does not reflect my love for mlp!

March 1st, 2013, 8:15 PM
I like this name, I think it represents me. In hindsight, I wish I had come up with something a bit more witty, or maybe something that used something a bit less random lol. I pretty much pulled this one out of thin air haha.

March 1st, 2013, 9:42 PM
No, not happy with it and would be happy if it was just snoreslax/snorelax without those caps that I have now. I didn't think when I was making a username and thought that it wouldn't matter if mine name sucked.

Oh well...

March 1st, 2013, 9:54 PM
I really like my username but if I had the opportunity to change it back to CyberGlion I would. That's the name that I use everywhere else, but at least Caelus sounds really original (it's not (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caelus)) and I like not having a pokemon-related name.

So you could say I'm happy with it and I don't really regret it. I knew when I chose this name I would miss CyberGlion but I also thought it sounded cool enough to make up for it.

March 2nd, 2013, 1:01 PM
I like my username because...
1) Green Day's album
2) Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep
3) Gives me an excuse to have a Green Day related theme
4) Gives me an excuse NOT to have a Green Day related theme (Insomniac doesn't always have to = the album)
5) it just sounds nice

I like it.

March 2nd, 2013, 7:58 PM
I've just switched from my previous username, Rainbow Arcanine. This one I really like however <3, Narnia is a great series and I'm glad I made the change now.

March 3rd, 2013, 1:56 PM
I'm alright with my name. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of it anymore since it's been well over a decade since I chose it as my online alias (and over 5 years since I switched to something else everywhere) but it's not the worst name I could have chosen. I don't regret keeping it when name changes were turned off.

The only name I would change to is "Cherrim" (the aforementioned new alias) but the username is already taken by someone inactive so it's not gonna happen. ;_;

March 3rd, 2013, 2:06 PM
And I'm less happy about the fact that I can't change it on my own, either.
And I'm even less happy that I can't give a one word answer. For once I can't elaborate any further. >_<

March 3rd, 2013, 2:09 PM
Yep! Pretty happy with my username and I'm likely never going to change it even if I could. I have used other names since, but I don't think DancingMuffins, ledancingmuffin, or Twinkie in a Box would work as well for a forum username. Especially as the latter I'm sure people use on other sites whilst BinaryPeaches is only uses by yours truly.

March 3rd, 2013, 2:14 PM
I have plenty of usernames for plenty of websites such as, torrentblade, wolfkicker, frogboyhops (I mean, what else would a frog boy do?) and psych flip I'm really stuck if I should change it to psych flip or not so I might change my username, could I have help deciding?

Shining Raichu
March 5th, 2013, 3:31 AM
I'm actually alright with the name I have now. It's when I'm known by now so I'm happy to keep it this way forever.

I wasn't around during the name change era so I can't answer this from that perspective :P

Starry Windy
March 5th, 2013, 6:36 AM
I'm happy with my current name as Wind Heart. Even though I sometimes wish to change it to something different like WindSparkle, I'll be sticking with my name as it is.

March 5th, 2013, 1:17 PM
What I like about this thread is that, people are discussing something they like and the have memories of typing when they signed up...

March 5th, 2013, 5:36 PM
Eh, I could take or leave it. I couldn't think of anything original at the time of joining, and even if I could think of something better now, I probably wouldn't bother to make a whole new account just to change it.

March 5th, 2013, 6:50 PM
I'm fine with my current username.

March 5th, 2013, 8:27 PM
For now I'm okay with it. I like to change my name frequently on Steam and all, but no big deal.

March 5th, 2013, 8:45 PM
I've had this username since I created my account. Years and years of memories tied to this name... I'm also best known as this. I have a sentimental attachment to it. I have thought about changing it, because ~twilight~ guhhh and well, maybe blades induce nightmares too. Anything I wanted to possibly change it too would look more silly, though.

March 5th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Well I would hope so! It's my first name attached to my love for music, so that's the dream combo for me.

Mr Cat Dog
March 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Most of my online identities come back to this user name in some shape or form, so I have no desire to change it in any way. I'll be Mr Cat Dog until I'm six feet under and covered in dirt! (In internet-language, anyway...)

March 8th, 2013, 3:44 AM
I do have better names for me but I'm still fine with this one because of my love for glitches.

March 8th, 2013, 5:09 AM
I wish that I had chosen a better username, but now this one has kinda grown on me.

Shiny Celebi
March 8th, 2013, 4:01 PM
I arrived after the shutdown of username changes here but Im pretty satisfied with my username as of now. I dont see myself wanting to change it.

Aura Vitae
March 8th, 2013, 5:03 PM
Though I can't answer from the perspective of a person around during the name changes I personally like my username the way it is because I've used it for years. Roen is the name of a Role Playing character I made during highschool and the numbers was just something I did everywhere else so I never thought about it. If I could change it though I'd get rid of the numbers and capitalize the r in roen.