PDA

View Full Version : I love you...

Gleam Noiyam
March 2nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
When someone tells you that they love you what is your reaction? And if they ask you out on a date would you accept or reject it?

I wouldn't know how to react at all because no one has ever said that to me before. I'd probably shake it off and make it seem like they're just bluffing and ignore it. Now...if they ask me out on a date I'd reject it because I'm not ready for that sort of thing in my life yet.

You?

Major Ziggs
March 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
A few people have said it to me in the past and it's been kind of... nice, but not spectacular, just a feeling of "yaaay this is lovely" I guess haha. But whenever a certain person says it to me now my face lights up and it's just ahh ♥ If he asked me out on a date it'd be a bit redundant given our current situation but I'd definitely say yes!

LilJz
March 2nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Me, I would be kinda surprised someone actually likes me...lol..

I would be speechless and be happy at the same time, knowing someone got feelings for me?

If that person asked me to go on a date, it would depend. If I don't have the same feeling for that person like they do to me, I would probably still go on a date with them but more like a friendly outing?

And if I have feelings for that person, then I would gladly go out with them on a date. Hoping also we could end up together.

KriegStein
March 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Im always a bit suprised. :) Its a bit hard to know how to react when someones declares their love to you. Usualy I just reply "okay" if I dont know how to react. And ask if they want to go on a date. Or if they ask me for a date I usualy reply yes. While on the date I try to see how it goes and I try to see could it work out between us. If I dont warm up to the person I try to explain it to them carefully. If I do like them in return I usualy go for a date again until Im sure it works out. :)

⊗Slenderman⊗
March 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Meant in that way, I wouldn't know how to react.

I did have a guy tell me that he loves me, but I assumed he meant it in the "we're good friends" way (which would make sense, considering how long we've known each other). So I just awkwardly stuttered "I love you, too". It threw me off, but I wasn't excessively surprised, because he's said that to me more times than I can remember (he's really affectionate, in case you can't tell haha).

I would reject them, but attempt to do so in a kind way, if possible. >_>

Dakota
March 2nd, 2013, 10:54 AM
Well, there are two different kinds of I love yous.

There's the joking one, where people say it sort of as a substitute of thank you. I reply I love you too, to that.

But then there's THE I love you claim. And that's harder to respond to. Honestly, I'd never say it back unless I truly did. Cause otherwise, I'd be a liar.

Jak
March 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I just say "okay" whether it's legit or not. I don't like telling people "I love you" if I don't genuinely love them. It's too weird to me. I just take those three words a bit too seriously, I suppose.

Sweets Witch
March 2nd, 2013, 12:04 PM
It's nice, but I haven't heard it from the people who I really wanted to hear it from. That'd probably make my heart flutter straight out of my body.

If they asked me out on a date, then I'd dance. That'd make me very happy.

Brynjolf
March 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
I would be shocked. Very shocked.

No one ever really checks me out/tells me they like me/even shows interest in me, so yeah I'd be shocked.

First I'd have to make sure they weren't lying first though..
I'd say yes to the date thing if they were a girl I liked (even if I didn't like them). I'd just be flattered.

Arago
March 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Sometimes I get very uncomfortable.
Sometimes I tell them I love them too.
Sometimes I don't say anything.

I don't get people telling me that they love me and then ask me on a date, though. lol

Captain Fabio
March 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Only people that tell me they love me, are my family and my girlfriend, who I love back, so it is fine. :) <3

Isaac
March 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
One word: SHOCKED

If someone tells me, I love you, for love...oh well. I...just don't know how to react lol. I would just say "Whoa, that's...nice, I guess/" and if they ask me, I will say "Sorry, but no." Aww come on I don't think they would think that I love them too. Except if it is someone I love, but even so, no. I know it's a bit crazy reject to go out with someone YOU love, but no, like you Yuki, I'm not prepared for this. Wtf I'm only 13

Aslan
March 2nd, 2013, 07:43 PM
I'd probably be really shocked, however if they did ask me out, I'm not exactly too sure on that one. If I love them back or know them really well, I'd probably say yes and if they're a stranger or someone I'm not too familiar with, I'd politely reject it while trying not too hurt their feelings too much :3.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 2nd, 2013, 07:58 PM
The moment someone tells me that nowadays, that's when I show the coldest part of my heart and leave never to speak to them again.

Kouzan
March 2nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
People tell me I love you in the "i love as a friend" way all the time which I usually say "I love you too." Though if someone said "I love you." in THAT way, then I'd be shocked. I've never really got asked out before so it be weird to hear it so I wouldn't know how to react back. If I actually liked them, then I'd tell them I'm in love with them too. If they asked me out, then I'd probably reject them unless I really like them back or if we were really close , then I'd say yes.

Digimon Kaiser
March 3rd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Only one woman that I actually found attractive truly loved me, but she ended up cheating on me while we were in the middle of planning our first date. That was about three years ago, and I'd give up a lot to make her realize she made the wrong choice. If I met that guy she's been cheating on me with, in a dark alleyway, I'd probably kick his ass in a blind rage.

Anyways, I always announce my feelings first.

Kura
March 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
I say it to a few close friends, my family, and my boyfriend. I love them all in different ways, and feel completely comfortable saying and hearing it back. I wont say it to close friends that I know will make them uncomfortable, though, but they know I care, and that essentially means the same thing to me, so I don't need to say anything.

Crux
March 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Look at them with a blank face and just space out... staring into the depths of the universe through their eyes.
Yeah... unless I feel the same I don't generally try to be smooth. :I

I'd accept, even if I don't feel the same way.
It takes a lot of guts to profess you love to somebody, and despite myself, I wouldn't be able to completely shoot them out of the sky.
Mind you, I would tell her afterwards that I don't feel the same way if it be the case.

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:30 AM
If it's family it's expected and I don't think about it, but with friends it's a little awkward but I end up telling I love you back. I appreciate it when people like me enough to say that, especially close friends.

Don't know. Depends on the person; I'll definitely be friends with them, but whether I take it to the next level depends on whether I had any feelings for them myself.

Penta Penguin
March 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I'd look at them in a strange way, thinking there was some sort of joke/catch. I don't think any girl (apart from my Ma) has ever said that to me anyway. Honestly, I'd think I was being set up for something.

Torrentblade
March 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
...........this......has never...... Happened to me...... And never will.... I am a loner..... I have no friends..... If this did happen.... I might say yes.... I hate my ex-gf she is a player she is hated by everybody..... She hates me more than anything....

Shiny Celebi
March 5th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Well I know from experience because it's happened to me. I didnt know really how to react and actually was rather shocked at the time. At that time, I didnt return his feelings. I struggled with it a lot actually( the situation was a bit complicated) but I did eventually return his feelings and we're together now.

If it happened again, Id feel rather sad, as Id have to turn the person down.

Aeon
March 5th, 2013, 11:31 PM
This has happened to me a few times before, and every time it does I wind up saying something different because it's a different feeling for everyone. There was only one time that I said "I love you too" when someone confessed their feelings for me... that relationship ended kind of dirty after only a few days. The other times I said that I was flattered but did not feel the same way, and things carried on like they did before.

daigonite
March 6th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Most people I'm not attracted to back, but I don't really get it that often.

However, I did go on a date with a man I'm really in love with last week, and by god when he said those words to me I was in damn tears. I know if it were anyone else I would be a little freaked out but something's special between us two, something indescribable. When you see that man cry over you, I mean that **** just melts you.

Katholic Nun
March 10th, 2013, 11:19 PM
When I came out back in November, my mother told me she loved me, and I got really really uncomfortable and said "uh huh" and tried to move the conversation along as quickly as possible. Not sure why it makes me feel that way, but it really does.

It's different with friends though. I tell my friends I love them all the time :P