PDA

View Full Version : The reason I joined PC is....

Powalen
March 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Just finish the sentence

The reason I joined PC is...

Nathan
March 2nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
The reason I joined PC is to find help for my RMXP game.

⊗Slenderman⊗
March 2nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I joined because I wanted to trade with and battle people. In reality, I've never battled anyone here.

Kura
March 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
Lightning (Erica) told me to join, so I did and I've been hooked since.

Dakota
March 2nd, 2013, 11:01 AM
The reason I joined PC is cause my friend told me to in order to help him create a hack that we never even started.

Broken_Arrow
March 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
because i wanted to have some fun with my bf in a place he likes!

ChocolateCrunch
March 2nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
The reason I joined PC is because I was the Pokémon guy with my friends. No one else plays it, they play Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty and yeah, those games are alright, but Pokémon is awesome. I wanted to meet new people who share my interests and I wanted to know that I wasn't the only Pokémon nerd.

Also, 100th Post on this account, yaaah! ^_^

Cassino
March 2nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
I joined a lot of things without thought, at the time.
Why I've stayed is a more poignant question but I don't really have an answer, which in itself may be why I'm still around.

Sweets Witch
March 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
To relive my adolescence. Originally when I joined years ago it was just because I like Pokemon.

Sydian
March 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
I joined for the better fan fiction section than Serebii had. I felt people were rude on that forum and that I'd have better luck here. Now I don't even touch the FF forum anymore lol.

Talli
March 2nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
The reason I joined PC was Serebii forums getting boring to me

droomph
March 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
I joined, because you need to have an account in order to download attachments. And oh boy was that a month of stress.

Brynjolf
March 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
I was around 10 years old and new to the internet. I was just looking for pokemon stuff and came across here early 2009. My old profile was "aurawave" and I was on there for a while, then changed my name in the last chance name changes, then I decided I hated the name I changed it to and then made a new profile.

Cosmotone8
March 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
I joined PC because I had nobody to chat with Pokemon about. :<

Hikamaru
March 2nd, 2013, 03:12 PM
I joined PC because I was getting sick of Bulbagarden and I needed members I could interact with more. Who ever knew I'd spawn so many jokes and become a Supporter in the end?

Patchisou Yutohru
March 2nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
To download Shiny Gold.

I joined a year before I rejoined under this account to do that. The reason I joined with this account was because I forgot my username and password to my original account and because Andy (Arcanine) told me I should since we spoke before I rejoined. If I wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be here.

Starry Windy
March 2nd, 2013, 04:27 PM
I was thinking of downloading attachments of ROM hacks and having interest in Emulation section back then, but despite of this, I wanted to befriend everyone and talk about Pokemon. This is how I joined PC.

Playful_Weasel
March 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
.... to become a member of a Pokemon community, and to share my own opnions on various topics (anime, games, movies)

Brizz
March 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
I had heard PC mentioned a million and a half times on another forum so decided to finally join.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 2nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Simple, to find something worthwhile in the Challenges section.

That and to find the Pokemon Colosseum manga only to come across something known as The Retelling Of Pokemon Colosseum years ago.

Sammi
March 2nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Someone asked me to join the Ash Fanclub here.

Really, that's why. Feels weird after all this time; I haven't seen the anime in like 5 years. :s

awolfsquared
March 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
I joined PC mainly because I was looking for another Pokemon forum to join. I wanted more Pokemon to talk with and to trade and battle with. So I searched "Pokemon forums" on Google and found Pokecommunity in the top results. I also heard about on Bulbagarden several times and decided to join after that.

Guy
March 2nd, 2013, 06:28 PM
It was honestly out of the whim when I joined back in '08. My sister had found PC while surfing the web and she decided that we should both join. With so much time on my hands I just said, "Why not?"

Aslan
March 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
The reason I joined was because I was really stuck on something in my game and after browsing through the boards, I found it quite interesting and decided to join in! Never regretted my decision, back in August on Rainbow Arcanine :3.

GolurkIsDaBomb
March 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
The only reason I was joined for the shiny hunter's club. XD

Jake♫
March 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
To download Shiny Gold.

Yup, I was one of these people who joined just for Shiny Gold as well. But somehow I made a jump from playing a giant amount of ROM Hacks over to competitive battling, so who knows.

Seki
March 3rd, 2013, 05:16 AM
I lurked for one year before I joined for the first time because I came across this website because of those flawless bred Pokemon in the trade corner, in the end, I didn't do anything on the forums and went for 1 year. A year later, I came across this forum again and forgotten my password, so I created this account and the rest is known to all of you.

Synerjee
March 3rd, 2013, 06:26 AM
The reason I joined PC was because I wanted a place where I could talk and discuss about all things Pokemon without being teased at and being called 'childish' just because I liked something other people didn't. This is one of the places where I can come to daily and just be myself and meet and make lots of friends with a one similar interest, that is Pokemon.

Blade_of_darkness
March 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
I've joined for two things: To find a way to get back into my Pokémon games, & to find people that I can talk with, as I'm a lonely person without the internet...

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I joined just because it was a pokemon forum. Initially it was going to take a backseat to Serebii as my main forum, but since early 2009 this has been my primary forum and it'll probably be that way for a few months.

Penta Penguin
March 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I had some interest in pokemon, which is one of the reasons I joined. The other reason is I had nowhere else to go to, because one forum I'm on is generally quiet, and I usually upload hacks to (in the sig), the other forum I had multiple disputes with, and I'd rather just leave it in the void and not remember even existing there.

Cordelia
March 5th, 2013, 01:30 PM
The reason I joined PC was to find others to talk to about Pokemon, since IRL no one except someone I met through here (Morkula) even like Pokemon. It was a good decision. :3

viridian doubletongue
March 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
the reason i joined pc was to make some awezum hacks. or to play some aweshrum hacks. but that was quickly left behind... then i was here for the rawzhsrum members. now i'm here for the nostalgia.

Shiny Celebi
March 5th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I joined because I was interested in what this forum was like and just because I wanted to.

Arcturus.
March 5th, 2013, 05:30 PM
I joined because I was tired of not really being able to discuss Pokemon since I don't really know a lot of people with interest in it. I'm glad I did because I've met a lot of great people on PC.

MoonLight
March 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Oh my Well it's been what 10+ years since I joined PC heh it's a long time I was pretty new to forums then used to go the Pojo then lol that was so long ago lol anyways I belive I joined to try somthing new :)

Crux
March 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure really.
I love pokemon, found this forum, and said 'what the hell' *join*

I didn't expect to spend as much time here as I have, but there are some pretty cool people here.

Lord Squirtle
March 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mostly to check this scene out, make and confuse a friend or two, and learn a bit more about hacking games. Somewhat experienced hacker (among other things), but fairly new here.

Brendino
March 6th, 2013, 09:10 PM
The reason I joined PC was because I was trying to make a ROM hack, but had no idea what I was doing. It never really got off the ground before I gave up, but I decided to stick around here.

Kurono
March 6th, 2013, 11:14 PM
...because I was a lonely middle-schooler who liked Pokemon and had no one with which to share it.

I have no idea how I even got here.

Tackle
March 6th, 2013, 11:44 PM
I joined PC for download hacks those put a file in attachments, and I found something better, such as PC's Showdown Server and new friends.

Went
March 6th, 2013, 11:52 PM
I wanted to download Shiny Gold and the Spanish forum I originally went to had an outdated version, so zel told me to come here instead!

Then I became an admin. The end!

waveguidebuizel
March 6th, 2013, 11:58 PM
...for the manga section, as I was getting into PokéSpe and it was a fairly active subforum back then. D:

Drew
March 7th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I joined for the the ROMs and Emulation, and also just to talk about the franchise, though the latter was something that was an afterthought. I lurked the ROMs at first, and then just started posting around and enjoyed that a lot more than playing ROM files. So I stuck around.

Correspondence
March 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I came here pretty much to download some hacks but since have spread my attention on other sections here.

Powalen
March 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Guess I will answer now

The reason I joined was to make post and talk about Pokemon because most of my irl friends had stopped playing.

Kotowari
March 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I joined the forum to get a look at some Beyblade images. |D; Little did I know I'd stay here for much longer and much more. |D

Cariad
March 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM
It was listed as one of BMGf's affiliates or something like that, so I joined out of pure curiosity.

Gleam Noiyam
March 9th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I joined PC for Shiny Gold! Lol, no I didn't I actually don't remember why I joined PC. xD Maybe because I wanted a change of pace. I joined in 2009 and maybe I had no initial reason to join.

Munchlax11
March 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I joined because I wanted to talk to people about pokemon. None of my friends play pokemon (except for one, but he's not really that into it) so I thought I'd join so I could talk to other pokefans :)

インフェルノの津波
March 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I won't lie, I was interested in RXMP or whatever. I stayed because I met some good people.

Andrut
March 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
To ask some noobish question about emulating Mystery Dungeon Red and to download some hacks.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
March 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM
to share my love of Pokemon with other Pokemon fans.

Alakazam17
March 10th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I joined PC back in 2005 for a less than admirable reason perhaps, that being to promote this emerging Pokémon forum that I had recently become a mod of. I started posting around with said promotion in my sig, when after a short while I realized the site was a much better community than I had originally given it credit for. Particulary the fanclubs section, where I have since met one of my best friends. Soon I was posting here because I wanted to, becoming too active if anything for awhile(seriously, if the Pokémon Gaming Lab had post count I'd probably have one of the highest ones around), and the rest is history.

Tsutarja
March 10th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I joined this forum with the goal to be able to discuss Pokémon, since my interest in it has been long-stuck with me since I've joined here :) when I was younger, my interest in Pokémon used to just come and go

.Aero
March 10th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I joined PC back in summer 2007 because I read DP was going to have Wifi and I figured getting involved in a community would be a good idea if I wanted to do some online battling / trading (and because my little brother was losing interest in Pokemon and it would be my only way to trade / battle). I chose PC over other sites because it looked nicer and seemed to have a larger "social" aspect than other sites.

The Void
March 11th, 2013, 04:35 AM
The reason I joined PC is so I could download a PMD ROM Hacking Tool :D

Sheep
March 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
To download Shiny Gold.

Exactly why I joined haha. This was back in 2006 and I posted a few times until 2008 before quitting entirely, and then coming back under a new account in 2011. n~n

Spinosaurus
March 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Shiny Gold.

Hilariously enough, I actually never ended up playing it. Heart Gold and Soul Silver were announced shortly after I joined so what do you know. (And I never beat those games, either.)

Sora
March 11th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I wanted a place where I could talk about Pokemon again, specifically - at the time - Pokemon Special/Adventures. I don't remember why exactly I came back after my nine months hiatus but I stayed around because I enjoyed the people I have met and the sections I frequent. And here I am today.

Arma
March 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I remember getting bored at Marriland, plus this place had a gamedev and rom hacking section.

Zorogami
March 11th, 2013, 03:40 PM
The reason i joined PC is to enjoy Pokemon with people who like it as much as i do!!
Also, to speculate about X/Y and try some hacks and challenges :)

Ace.
March 12th, 2013, 02:57 AM
The reason I joined was because I wanted to learn more about ROM Hacking.

Forever
March 12th, 2013, 03:02 AM
...to download Pokemon songs! n_n At that time PC had a movie/song request thread, which was the greatest thing ever, until everyone realised it was illegal (I used it AFTER getting my first few threads locked :x)

Olli
March 12th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Why, to download a hack, of course! Surprisingly enough, it wasn't Shiny Gold, as I hadn't even heard of it at the time. I had given away all my games and my SP away a year prior to joining, and discovered that a cheaper way to play Pokemon games again than buying everything again, was to simply download ROM's and emulators. Sorry! :( But yeah, then I discovered hacks, and found my way to this site to download a few, and then I left again once that was done \o/

Rϵd
March 13th, 2013, 03:49 PM
The reason I joined...well, here's the story:

I was in youtube, back in 2011, and I saw Ash Gray. I said, "Heyyy how do I play this?" and then the youtubers that played the hack posted a link in their description, and I got there. Hey, this is my third account only for you to know xD.

Oh, and I hate ROM Hacking now :p

Sodom
March 16th, 2013, 02:21 AM
I joined PC because I wanted to talk about potential Ruby and Sapphire remakes. I've been here for more than two years now and still nothing :P

Evil Stud Muffin
March 16th, 2013, 02:25 AM
I joined PC, because I simply wanted a Pokemon Forum to talk on. Turns out ironically that all I do is talk nonsense on the DCC. :p