PDA

View Full Version : Public staff forums.

Noah Ridgewood
March 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
"I wonder if the staff forums were all public if people would spend a lot of time reading threads there."

If all the staff forums were public, would you spend any time at all reading threads there? Why?

Sableye~
March 2nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
I'd poke around, yeah. But once it no longer is something new, I doubt as many people would be watching.

Hikamaru
March 2nd, 2013, 05:09 PM
I would poke around, I'd love to see what crazy stuff they do there.

Sweets Witch
March 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
I'd look for ideas that were pitched and scrapped. Those are always really interesting.

Chase
March 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
I would spend quite a bit of time looking through them. It would be fun.

Aslan
March 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
I'd probably poke around in there, see if there are any new ideas or suggestions for the forum. Maybe see what they get up to in there and yeah it'd be interesting to browse! After reading everything there however, I'd probably leave it alone until something new pops up instead of rereading over and over. :P

awolfsquared
March 2nd, 2013, 07:39 PM
I would definitely look around a bit. I've always wondered what you the staff does in there. Probably would find some crazy conversations and I can keep up with any ideas or suggestions they come up with for the forum.

Brynjolf
March 2nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Staff gossip oh yes!

Yeah I'd probably look around for a while then get bored.

droomph
March 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
I would probably get offended once I saw what they were talking about me in there.

Um i mean sure, i would

Forever
March 2nd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Since you said ALL I would only read one thread and ignore the rest. That one thread being related to the Unova forum's name and watch how it's going/went/changing. :(

I don't really feel that I should be allowed to see the other threads so I'd stick to mod level.

Alli
March 2nd, 2013, 09:18 PM
I'd look to see when my modding was discussed...back in...2009...wow lol. /old

Jake♫
March 2nd, 2013, 09:30 PM
I guess it could be interesting to see, but I doubt it would be full of gossip and such like a lot of people think =P

shenanigans
March 3rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
I'd be all over HQ. I don't feel bad admitting that I'd like to see how my modding discussion went down and how the OC name change was discussed. Those are the two main things I think I'd be particularly interested in - but I'd still poke around there for the sake of it. While mods generally know a fair amount of what's discussed in HQ just from hstaff stating that they're gonna bring stuff up in there, it'd be interesting to see what individual people have to say on things.

'course, after I'd read the particularly interesting and current stuff, I'd leave it alone. I'm not about to go read every single thread I can find, in the same way as I didn't with the Lounge after being modded.

Synerjee
March 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM
I'd go check it out for sure! Being curious as I am, I'll be sure to take a peek at whatever it has to offer. xD

Seki
March 3rd, 2013, 05:01 AM
I might just check them out since that's what I do best right? Lurking when I got nothing to post.

Squirrel
March 3rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
I guess it could be interesting to see, but I doubt it would be full of gossip and such like a lot of people think =P
Keep thinking that bby ♥

If the hstaff forums were revealed then yes, of course I'd look through them. Partly through curiosity about being made staff etc, and partly just because it's interesting to see what's in store of PC. I'd love to see what changes are being discussed and what the future has in store for the forum, and especially which new mods are coming up - it's always so exciting when we have new staff members joining! I'm also curious how many puppies blade posts per day.

Honest
March 3rd, 2013, 08:52 AM
I would, just to see how different it is from the rest of the forum.

Osiris
March 4th, 2013, 02:05 AM
I think anyone that says they wouldn't look in the staff forums if they had the opportunity is lying. It'd obviously be quite interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes here at PC, like what new ideas are in the works, or which ones never came to be. I wouldn't go through them all the time, but I might pop in once and a while to see if there was anything that caught my eye.

Sammi
March 4th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I want to read everything in HQ. Even the boring stuff. Just to see how it's changed since I was last around.

Okay so I won't read literally everything, but I want to see all the really interesting promotion thread at least. Those were my favorite! And if it were public I would feel no shame, haha.

Kura
March 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
I would probably get offended once I saw what they were talking about me in there.

Um i mean sure, i would

This! I'm sure I rub plenty of people the wrong way at times, so I'm curious as to what's been said if it has been at all. I'd do a name search right away out of curiosity >:3

Other than that, I would search for that old Jorge x Dawson thread because there were some funny tidbits from that, and some of the older threads from when I was mod. Then I would look at some newer threads like probably THE NEXT MOD DISCUSSION!! Muahaha! Or.. I wonder if they're planning April Fools already? I'd like to see that too.

If it was HQ, then I'd love to see some banned/demoted member discussion threads. Again, for curiosity.

Lucid
March 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Other than that, I would search for that old Jorge x Dawson thread because there were some funny tidbits from that
That thread was great.

Our lounge was like... 90% spam as I recall. XD Most important stuff got done through PM's and other forms of communication, and most of the smack talk was done by the staff towards the other staff usually all in good fun.

Treble Harble
March 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I'd look around a tiny bit, but... I'd try to keep myself from looking as much as possible because, guess what? It's absolutely not my business what the staff discuss.

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I would lurk and find any thread that interests me, just like when I was really active and I'd read up on PC's history.

I imagine most of the threads aren't worth going through anyway, except maybe from the HQ.

Ivysaur
March 5th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I'd spend two entire days reading old threads.

Oh wait.

Alice
March 5th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Eh, sure why not. Could be interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.

Starry Windy
March 6th, 2013, 07:37 PM
I would check some threads that take my interest there, to know if something new is up from the Staff forum.

Astinus
March 6th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I'd look to see when my modding was discussed...back in...2009...wow lol. /old
This, except mine's from...2007...

And maybe just a little bit of poking around to see what else is interesting, like anything related to my section, but I won't go out of my way to read everything.

Correspondence
March 7th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah I'd poke around a bit.I'd like to see what you guys talk about there.

Cosmotone8
March 7th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I would go through everything there. Literally everything, I'm such a snoop lol.

Shiny Celebi
March 8th, 2013, 07:40 PM
I might poke around a little bit, just because curiosity xD but probably not all that much and not every single thread, that'd be way too much.

donavannj
March 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
First thing I'd do is search for ALL of my usernames.

Then I'd read all the promotion threads.

I'd basically get all the dirt on myself, because EGO TRIPS ARE FUN. Well, provided they aren't at someone else's expense.

Shining Raichu
March 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
I think everybody is curious mainly because it happens behind closed doors, so yeah I'd definitely read any thread I could see that interested me. That said, this entire forum is altogether too invested in keeping information locked away from people lower on the chain than they are. It creates a mystique that isn't really warranted.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna
March 15th, 2013, 07:50 AM
It would be really intriguing to see what hstaff and regular staff do aside from just smoding and modding in general around around the site. But, there are things which should be kept open, and things that shouldn't be enclosed to the eyes of the public.

Of course though, I'd definitely poke around if it were to be revealed. ;)