PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when you say that to me.

Arago
March 2nd, 2013, 04:25 PM
What are things that you really hate that people feel the need to say to you?

⊗Slenderman⊗
March 2nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
It bothers me when people ask if I'm okay or if something is wrong (offline, that is). If I want to tell you what's wrong, I'll do it *without* your prompting, thanks.

Also, any remark that makes them seem to be talking down to me is a sure way to really tick me off. Especially on PC, because nobody actually knows my age- so there's potential that I'm older than they are.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 2nd, 2013, 05:10 PM
It bothers me when I'm told that I'm a n00b as far as gaming goes. Not my fault the controls on the older GTA games took a while to get used to.

Sweets Witch
March 2nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Their problems, mainly. Unless I ask what's wrong - which is my signal to open the flood gates and let the angst out - I don't want to hear it. Especially when people feel like they're so comfortable with me that they can drop the greeting and go straight to the he-said-she-said. It's rude. It's very rude.

Jak
March 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Oh my God. Anything that involves telling me that I don't look 20 years old. It's so damn annoying. If you want to piss me off, well hey, there's a good way. 1. You're not being original when you tell me. I'm very aware and hear it ALL the time. 2. Yes, I will be grateful for it when I'm 40. Am I 40 right now though? No. I'm 20. And I'm tired of hearing it.

I also hate when people ask me how I'm doing. I'm generally a content person, so my answer is always the same. I think it's a stupid way to start a conversation. I'm not hard to talk to, so using "how are you doing?" is just ugh to me. However, "what are you up to?" or "what are you doing right now?" is fine. Just not...how am I doing. :| Ugh. Besides, even if I'm not doing well, the people that usually ask me this don't know me well, so it's not like I'm about to be telling them my life problems. The only time "how are you doing?" is acceptable is when you're a cashier or a waiter or something. That's it. Not for conversation.

As you can tell, I have a lot of hate for these things. lol

Castform
March 2nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
Really anything too personal.Especially if I don't know the person I don't want them asking me personal information.

Brynjolf
March 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Random new FB friends asking who I like.. I'm not telling you!

Also "are you okay" and "why are you so mad" when I'm completely fine.

Sometimes I have mad face, okay!?

The worst one:
"Oh my gosh are you REALLY GAY?"

No, I'm just FAKING IT..

Oryx
March 2nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
"You need to calm down."

There's so much wrong with saying that, in any situation.

1. If we're arguing, it's so rude - the implication is that my points can't be valid because I'm too "mad".
2. If I am mad, it makes me angrier. If I'm not mad, it makes me mad.
3. If I'm upset, it's such a useless phrase. Oh, just calm down! Gee, why didn't I think of that? You've solved all my problems now!

CarcharOdin
March 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
^ What she said. ^

Also, I hate it when people feel the need to ask how my day was. I even made a chart that translates what I answer into what I really mean.

NOTE: Not safe for kids:

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg639/CarcharOdin/ihatesmalltalk.jpg

Oh, and I even included a flow chart to help with the next time you ask me how my day is:

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg639/CarcharOdin/shutup.jpg

Hikamaru
March 2nd, 2013, 11:01 PM
"You're so creepy aren't you?"

I always get asked this cos of my weird activity on the internet, even at PC itself! I'm not really that creepy at all, despite what some people think.

Talli
March 3rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
"you need to be more willing to try new stuff"
Yeah well I am comfy with my life
"what's wrong with you?"
when I lose a important thing

Kura
March 4th, 2013, 03:57 PM
"You look tired"

>_> I am not a morning person. I don't like wearing makeup >_> and I have hereditary circles under my eyes that I can't help unless I get some sort of laser surgery done. It's not really noticeable but coupled with not being a morning person, I guess it tends to be.

>_> Either that or it's a "kind" way of telling me I look like crap. Well thanks.

Sandshrew4
March 4th, 2013, 05:41 PM
"Grow up"
I hate it when people tell me this. I just hate it. Especially when it's someone who knows me, because they should know I will never ever grow up. I scoff when people I don't know tell me this.
I'm immature if you haven't guessed already.

LilJz
March 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
1.When I just recently got a haircut and someone says "Hey! You got a haircut?!"
No, I just used some invisible dye.

2. When someone takes my glasses and uses them then says "Wow, you really can't see!"
Well obviously that's why I wear glasses. You don't see me taking a person's wheelchair and saying "Wow! You really can't walk!"

I just hate when people mention stuffs that are just so darn obvious..

Crux
March 4th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Unless you're saying something really asinine that obviously a waste of your and my time I don't really care.

[/ironskin]

Troye
March 4th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Oh my God. Anything that involves telling me that I don't look 20 years old. It's so damn annoying. If you want to piss me off, well hey, there's a good way. 1. You're not being original when you tell me. I'm very aware and hear it ALL the time. 2. Yes, I will be grateful for it when I'm 40. Am I 40 right now though? No. I'm 20. And I'm tired of hearing it.

Oh my god this x10000000. I get it, I look like I'm 16, I know, and I'm not terribly fond of it. Stop telling me.

Also I just hate the words "We need to talk". Regardless of who is saying it to me I always get nervous, it's never a good thing that's about to be discussed.

Katholic Nun
March 5th, 2013, 06:28 AM
I hate it when I'm watching TV with someone and they feel the need to show off their psychic powers. There's a moment going on on the screen that's meant to be dubious or ambiguous, and then whoever I'm watching TV with says something like "Oh, she killed him!"

If I hadn't already figured that out, it annoys me that they've spoiled it.
If I had already figured it out, it still pulls me out of the intense moment that's happening and it annoys me.

The other thing (also TV-related lol) is when I'm watching TV and one of the characters shows a common personality trait they share with me and the person I'm watching TV with points at the TV screen, looks at me and says "That's you! Hahaha!"

It ****s me to tears.