PDA

View Full Version : Karma

Brynjolf
March 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Do you believe that the world has sort of a karma system like when someone does something bad they will get something bad in return? Kind of like the world witnessed it and then threw something back at them, saying "take that, you sorry bastard!".

Broken_Arrow
March 3rd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Nope,i don't believe in Karma i just believe in God's Justice and whatever we do good or bad will be back to us in away or another!

Captain Fabio
March 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
I like to believe in the idea that there is a karma system in the world, as I do believe some people really need a good dose of karma.

I do believe in it, to a point, but also believe it could just be the human mind trying to find reason and resolve.

Brynjolf
March 3rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Nope,i don't believe in Karma i just believe in God's Justice and whatever we do good or bad will be back to us in away or another!

That's exactly what I meant by karma, by the way. I didn't mean it in the buhddism way, just .. in general.

Maritza
March 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
I don't like karma :( ... It's to receive in the present what you did in the past.. Nooooooooooo

Crux
March 3rd, 2013, 04:16 PM
Oh hell yes.
I personally do believe there is such a thing as karma, mostly because enough things have happened to me that are to strange of timing, and circumstance.

P.S.:
Insomniac: "Take that, you sorry bastard!!"
Lmao

Sweets Witch
March 3rd, 2013, 05:22 PM
To an extent. I won't go out of my way to hope that something happens to balance something else out, but I'll chalk it up to karma if it happens anyway.

Talli
March 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I used to not believe in Karma but now I kind of do..

Renpuu
March 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM
It depends on how in depth you believe in Karma. There are some extreme believes that all people that suffer from some form of "disability" such as being blind, stuck in a wheelchair etc, did something terrible in their previous life, so when they were reincarnated, they are "being punished" by having that life long disability.

I'm impartial in that particular theory, because it could be true and it could be false. Same as the whole heaven and hell concept.

The whole good and evil is not just karma. If you are lazy and you get fired from your job, it wasn't you doing evil, you were just not doing your best and being lazy.

Karma could be the spiritual Newton's third law:

"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

For example if I decided to punch a stranger in the face for no reason. I would cause physical pain to the stranger and I would cause emotional pain to myself through guilt and shame. I could even cause physical pain to myself as I could hurt my hand due to striking at force and hitting a bone by mistake.
That is just the event itself, then there are further consequences for my actions which could cause more physical or emotional pain to myself and the said stranger.

If you are who you want to be and do what you wish to do, that's all you can do. Sometimes good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people.

In the Hagakura it states that you should not judge a man based on wealth as being born into a wealthy family, middle class or lower class family is not in their control. What is in their control is how they wish to conduct themselves, so a man should not be judged based on his wealth.

As long as your actions reflect who you are and of course we can all make mistakes. Sometimes there is good in "evil" doings as the same doing evil in "good" doings.

When you do good, you can feel good and when you do bad, you can feel bad. That is Karma. Whether you DESERVE good things because you do good or bad things because you have done bad...is not down to karma. Most people would call that fate or destiny.

Kura
March 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I don't know if I believe it, but I like to live by it. I feel like good actions are justified, and it's kinda like the law of attraction. You do good, and good will come to you because you think positive. And positive attracts positive. That sort of thing.

TRIFORCE89
March 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cause and effect, to an extent.

Karma, no.

Stormbringer
March 4th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Cause and effect, to an extent.

Karma, no.

I tend to think they're one in the same. You reap what you sow.

Brynjolf
March 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I tend to think they're one in the same. You reap what you sow.

People aren't understanding what I meant by "karma".

Cause and effect is exactly what I meant by karma. I wish people would read that I did not mean it in a religious way!

I also integrate the word karma into life and use it as a replacement for the phrase cause and effect.

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I like to believe in Karma, and I like to think that God plays a role in who gets good Karma and who doesn't. That's how I've seen it for awhile now.

Cassino
March 5th, 2013, 05:32 AM
No. Morality is an invention.

TRIFORCE89
March 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
People aren't understanding what I meant by "karma".

Cause and effect is exactly what I meant by karma. I wish people would read that I did not mean it in a religious way!

I also integrate the word karma into life and use it as a replacement for the phrase cause and effect.
Partly. I see karma as being closer to "what goes around comes around". There's an eventuality of it. I don't buy that. At least at the level of our every day lives. A big decision may have ripple effect later in life, yes. But, if someone spits in my face I'm not expecting that to catch up with him eventually. That something will come back to bite them in the ass years later; possibly directed by some spiritual source. No.

My approach is that through continuous effort and hard work, you benefit over time through a series of small repeated events. Or if you do something negative, you get a negative response. And in either case, nothing may happen. But it is a bit more like receiving feedback out of something sooner, then waiting for retribution

Shining Raichu
March 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM
No I don't believe in karma. It's just psychological satisfaction for the jilted.

Correspondence
March 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
I've actually seen it happen and it has happened to me but not sure it really was karma or just coincidence.