View Full Version : Ugh, I hate my in-laws...

March 4th, 2013, 5:11 PM
If you have any in-laws, do you like them, or do you follow that stereotype and loathe them?

Closest I have to an in-law is my sister's fiance. I certainly don't hate him, though. He's actually pretty awesome.

March 4th, 2013, 5:43 PM
I am lucky to have an awesome family. A lot of my dad's in laws are pretty cool.
I will have to find out about my own in laws when I get married.. If I get married.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 4th, 2013, 5:46 PM
My mom in law. Why dad had to order her off Craigslist is beyond me.

March 4th, 2013, 6:17 PM

Haha you can't possibly be serious.. Right? :(

Now that I come to think of it, I do have some in laws of my mothers that I dislike.

I will share my favorite though. My mom's sister in law is awesome. Her name is Linda. She is so funny and I love being around her.

Sweets Witch
March 4th, 2013, 6:19 PM
I don't currently have any and I don't know anything about my brother's girlfriend's parents, but my ex's mom was known for going into a violent frenzy if people drank their cereal milk straight from the bowl instead of scooping it with the spoon.

March 5th, 2013, 1:48 AM
I count them as my in-laws but it's not official until next October, I do not really get on with my father in law as he goes crazy if my daughter do not finish her dinner.

March 5th, 2013, 9:49 AM
My brother's wife is an astrophysicist. She's a nice person, too, so she's cool all around

I don't really interact with her or anyone else in the family or extended family though so I don't really know any relatives-by-marriage well enough to hate them. Only my immediate family.

March 5th, 2013, 9:51 AM

Omg, what? LOL

I got a sister in law and she's really nice. If I end up marrying my girlfriend and getting her siblings as my in-laws, I'd hate her little brother. Very annoying.

March 5th, 2013, 9:53 AM
What the hell is a mom in law when you aren't married? If your dad remarries, isn't that a stepmother?

Anyway, I love all of my in-laws. They're all amazing! My mother, father, and sister in law are great. So is my brother in law and my nieces and nephews and cousins!

March 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I don't have any in-laws, but I really like my boyfriend's family. :3 They are all lovely!
I don't believe in living with in-laws, however, and I wouldn't ever subject my bf to living with/near my parents. I've seen trends with one of my grandmothers, and no matter how nice they are, I just find it to be overbearing.

March 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
i had in laws just for a little time...my sisters fiances or ex fiances my oldest sis ex was nice but things didn't work well my second sis's ex fiance was a pain in ass and i hate him

that's all

March 5th, 2013, 1:23 PM
The only in-laws I got are from my husbands family.
My brother-in-law is an a**-hole!!! I hate him.
My sister-in law is cool, I hang out with her a lot, since she's the only family near us. I love her, she's like a real sister, without the fighting.
My father-in law is creepy. I don't hate him, but don't like him either.
And my Mother-in law is uhm..., I don't know what it's called, she's into ghosts and spirits and stuff, my husband and sister-in law are the only normal ones. :P

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 5th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Meant to say stepmom there but oh well. Regardless me and her are like night and day as far as personalities and preferences go, granted I'm nice to her and all but inside I can't stand being around her.

Shiny Celebi
March 5th, 2013, 3:16 PM
I dont have in laws. I hope if I ever do, they are nice and easy to get along with.

March 5th, 2013, 3:56 PM
I love my husband's family, his parents have always been really kind to me, I'm close with his sister as well. I don't see how anyone can be in a relationship with someone and not get along with their family. I've had an ex with a mother who was an absolute nightmare and it makes for a miserable relationship.

March 5th, 2013, 3:57 PM
I actually just don't have any in-laws. Oldest person in my generation in my family.

Oh god, the pressure. :c

March 5th, 2013, 5:37 PM
I've got a brother and sister in law and they're part of the family. Never had any problems with them. I've dealt with my brother-in-law's parents and they're all cool too. His mom and stepdad have this pretty awesome farm with lots of cute adorable fuzzy animals. I'd visit it more if I were in their area. :3