PDA

View Full Version : It's awfully hard to keep your eyes open

Brynjolf
March 4th, 2013, 05:47 PM
How late do you normally stay up? Do you have trouble sleeping, or do you just roam the internet until your bloodshot eyes can't take it anymore?

I usually can't stay up past 7:00 PM when I'm tired.. But I have bad insomnia sometimes where I stay awake until around 4:00 AM the entire week, then get a weekend of good sleep.

Sableye~
March 4th, 2013, 05:51 PM
I have bad insomnia
Insomniac
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png?1322693145

Anyway...
I usually am up until *at least* midnight, unless I have to get up particularly early the next day. I normally don't sleep the entire night, though.

Ephemeral Euphoria
March 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I can stay up for a good full 24 hours without collapsing nowadays. back when I was younger though I had minimal trouble being awake for multiple days at a time lol.

Playful_Weasel
March 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I normally stay up until 2:00 am - I could easily stay up till 8:00 am or 9:00 am, its hard for me to sleep earlier, I guess I'm nocturnal.

When i have to sleep early, I struggle to sleep. I do succeed at the end. I usually fall back asleep when ever I'm done from the reason that I had to wake up early, which usually are doctor's appointments.

Brynjolf
March 4th, 2013, 05:59 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/210/119/+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png?1322693145

Anyway...
I usually am up until *at least* midnight, unless I have to get up particularly early the next day. I normally don't sleep the entire night, though.

Ahahahaha. xD

Yeah I should've stated it's quite obvious given my current username.

I usually have to get up particularly early too. Usually 6:00 AM maybe 5:00 AM too, but I am always getting around 2 hours of sleep..

Crux
March 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Haha, this poll reminded me of Barenaked Ladies... the band... (loltakeitback)

I can stay awake quite easily, and once went three days without so much as a wink... I ate a massive amount of food, drank a carton of milk, and passed out for like two days afterwards though...

Sweets Witch
March 4th, 2013, 06:50 PM
1 AM, almost every night. Then I wake up at 6 AM and nap at 4 PM. It's a terrible system that's ravaging my body, but I can't stop. Night is when things happen.

JayD
March 4th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I can stay from 8am till 5am. Really depends how much energy left I got in me during that day.

Caelus
March 5th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Well I'm still up at 2:25 AM, if that's any indication.

I just can't sleep early, even when I have school and I have to wake up at 6 AM I still have a hard time sleeping before midnight.

Talli
March 5th, 2013, 02:32 AM
Any time after 11pm I can go on a week day but 1am on a weedend.

Hikamaru
March 5th, 2013, 02:36 AM
I'm one of those who stay up a lot, I recall not sleeping until 4am at some times.

It however, cost me dearly at work.

Kura
March 5th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Been going to bed a bit earlier lately.. about 11PM on average.

TRIFORCE89
March 5th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I go to sleep at some point between 1AM and 2:30AM usually. If I don't have to go anywhere the next morning, I'm up by 8 or 9AM with no problem. If I have to get up earlier... somehow by simply being aware of that, I just... do. On time. With no alarm clock needed

Synerjee
March 5th, 2013, 06:35 AM
These days, I go to bed from 11 pm if I have classes early the next morning, or up to 1 am if I don't have anything to look forward to the next day. If I'm really tired though, I'll be out like a candle by around 10.30 pm.

I used to sleep at around 4-5 am last year - a bad habit that formed thanks to the internet and the B/W & B/W2 games. xD Got really hooked on them too much until it affected my sleep patterns.

I'm happy to say that my sleep patterns have reverted back to what one would call normal today. xD

Renpuu
March 5th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I can be a right Snorlax when it comes to sleeping ! I've gone through sleep patterns of sleeping from 6am till 6pm and repeating !

Usually I go to bed at around 2-4 am, I should really try to cut back on that and EVEN then I don't feel tired sometimes or I have difficulty falling asleep.

My odd sleep pattern was blamed on playing with Americans online due to the time difference and also I blame the medication I was on at the time that made me feel sleepy and forced me to sleep a lot more than normal.

Now if I fall asleep at 2am, I am usually up by 12-2pm but I need to try to get back to a normal sleeping pattern !

Sammi
March 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Anywhere from 10-1am, sometimes as late as 2 depending on the day.

When I go to bed these days depends on if I've worked that day or not, and if I'll work tomorrow. On days I have off, I go to bed late because I get so much sleep I'm not tired at a decent time. If I have the next day off, I'll stay up a bit later if I feel like it since I'll be able to sleep in.

I've really got to work on a better sleeping schedule... I'll do it later. D;

PlatinumDude
March 5th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I stay up till 10 on school nights and Sundays and a little past midnight on Friday nights and weeknights/holidays.

Aeon
March 5th, 2013, 08:39 PM
My sleeping patterns have gone to hell and back due to my past job. When I left though I could not make it past 9PM.

Now though it's anytime from 10 PM (on a tiring night) and up to 3 AM if I have nowhere to be. The earliest I can get up is 7 for school, the latest I wake up is 10 because I feel I need to have some sort of morning.

awolfsquared
March 5th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I can stay up really late sometime. As late as 6-8am sometimes. Though lately I've been in bed around 2am-4am and no later than 5am. I usually stay up late cause I get distracted by my computer and sometimes it's hard for me to fall asleep.

Honest
March 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I've developed a really bad habit of getting off the computer and heading to my bedroom at midnight. And that's early. But instead of falling asleep, I do my Calculus homework, cause I always do that before bed. Dunno, it just became a habit. At least it bores me into falling asleep quicker. Anyway, the time I actually fall asleep ranges from 12 30 to 1 30 depending on how difficult the homework is.

Blade_of_darkness
March 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I can stay up until midnight, easy. Strangely enough, I've no problems falling or staying asleep, but what I do have trouble with is getting up in a timely fashion. Unless I've got something to look forward to the following morning, the time that I'll be up will be up in the air. & once I am up, then I could say that it's hard to keep my eyes open, par to the thread title.

Correspondence
March 6th, 2013, 03:42 PM
As i am pulling an all nighter right now i can stay up at nights pretty easily but usually i go to bed at around midnight.

Rϵd
March 6th, 2013, 04:46 PM
When I have school I sleep at 10:00 PM, and when I don't, whenever I want, max is 1:00 AM. (P.S: My record is 9:00 AM LOL. I was at my friend's house and we spend all the night awaked.) And I have some difficulties to sleep, since I don't really like to sleep.

Cosmotone8
March 7th, 2013, 04:32 PM
If there's a good discussion here on PC or a good Starcraft stream going on, then I can stay up as late as I want. Otherwise I turn in rather early, around 9:00-10:30.

Shiny Celebi
March 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Ive recently gotten into a bad habit of staying up till 2 or 3 AM. I just dont feel tired or feel like going to sleep and it gets to the point where I stay up until Im really sleepy and then sleep in the next day -_-

Brendino
March 9th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Lately I've found that I don't go to bed until 1:30-2:00 AM (fall asleep by about 4:00), and don't usually get up until noon. If my work schedule didn't dictate my sleep schedule, I'd much rather be going to bed at about 1:00 and waking up at 9:00.

I do find myself having trouble sleeping most nights, though. I can lay in bed for hours at a time with my eyes closed, but can never fall asleep. If it's one of those nights, I'll usually just listen to my iPod, and hope it isn't too long before I doze off.

Shining Raichu
March 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM
On work nights, I stay up until 2am, then I get up at 8:05am (the extra five minutes is helpful, OK?!) and head off to work. When I'm not working the next day, I stay up anywhere from 3am to 6am depending on where I am and who I'm with. The other night I stayed up til 6am watching Angel then got up at 2pm :P

YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
March 15th, 2013, 07:57 AM
For the past few years, I've become nocturnal. I've slept at times like 3am to 8am in the morning even on school days. Now I can pretty much handle sleeping at later times and of course sleeping a tad earlier, since I am at an age where you need to just make and keep good habits of the sort, it's YOUR life after all. I do happen to recall falling asleep from just staying up, but now that doesn't occur at all anymore.

I guess I'll always be nocturnal heh lol.

Castform
March 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I cannot sleep before midnight and usually stay up to around 2 am. It doesn't really bother me though as I function fine the next day.

Zorogami
March 15th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I can stay awake for longer periods of time, no problem
Usually during the week I'll go to sleep around 1/1.30 am.
During weekends it's always different, depends on what I'm doing

Sora
March 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM
These days I've been sleeping too much. In the past it would be between sleeping too little and then catching up on it but the amount of sleep I've normally been getting per day these days is a bit ridiculous. I think I know what the problem is and I've been trying to fix it but it's harder than it seems orz.

Cherrim
March 15th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I was diagnosed with insomnia a few years ago and while it's generally getting better, every so often I lapse back into terrible sleeps. For the last week and a bit I've been averaging 2-3 hours a night. (I say night but I'm usually up miserably until 7 or 8am before I finally manage to take 20 minute naps at a time for a few hours until I absolutely have to get up.) It's alright at first but after too many nights of it, I get pretty useless and find it hard to concentrate on or do anything at all, productive or not.

For a while I was falling asleep around 2 or 3 and getting up by 8 which was pretty nice. Too bad it didn't last long. :(

Altairis
March 16th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I usually go to sleep at around midnight or a little later, but lately I've been so tired that I've gone to sleep earlier than that. Sometimes I fall asleep at the computer with PC's battle server open, haha.

TwilightBlade
March 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
On week days, I can stay up until 1AM. On weekends or other days off, I have stayed up to 3AM before. I've been staying up later and later... I don't know how the time passes. I just browse the 50th page of some tumblr or start saying the weirdest things on IRC.