PDA

View Full Version : Question: Hello! Just a Question about Lag

Yusshin
March 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I've been here for a while, and it seems that the forum still takes a very long time to load (I have a good connection speed, mind ye.) It takes anywhere from 10-30sec to load a page at pCommunity.

Is this a common problem? I know a year or so ago, everyone experienced this; is it still an on-going issue, or is it from my end? Could it be the Style I'm using (Let's Fly Together)?

Team Fail
March 14th, 2013, 06:49 PM
The site sometimes experiences heavy traffic, and slows down like it has for the past little bit. It's nothing on your end, we're all experiencing it.

The most you can really do is wait it out and not hit the refresh button, but check in every 15 or 30 minutes.

Yusshin
March 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Ah, OK. I thought maybe it had been improved (better server / connection speed) in the past year or two, and that it was just me :( glad it's not just me!

Better than being redirected to that crash site. I remember that was a huge issue before. Lag was just minor compared to an entire crash.

Thank you! :D

Tsutarja
March 15th, 2013, 05:33 AM
It has been a while since I've seen the database error screen (inb4 I jinx that) but yeah yesterday and Wednesday during the day PC had some heavy traffic. It seems fine this morning, though.

Cordelia
March 15th, 2013, 06:34 AM
PC goes through periods of heavy traffic and sometimes it's just general slowness. We all have to deal with it... but trust me, it isn't you. The server is old and cranky.