PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Multiple likes by same user

Cassino
March 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
See attachment.

And should people be able to like their own posts? I mean, why not, but I've seen this as well and don't know if it's intended.

Cordelia
March 15th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I just REALLY liked that one post. Anyway, it has to do with server lag and things like that.

JayD
March 15th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Holy Mackerel. And hey, that's my post! :D

Doesn't that sort of thing usually happens when there's a lag or something? From either side.

Mr. X
March 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Intentional or not, the system really should be disabled. This happens a lot - Not as many as this case, generally 1 or 2 extras (Although these are intentional - I do remember someone saying that they figured out how to trick the system into accepting multipule likes from the same person.) - so the system really should be disabled until it can be fixed to prevent this.

Oryx
March 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't think it's srs bznss enough to need to be disabled due to a small glitch. Who's it hurting?

It is intentional that people can like their own posts though.

Cosmotone8
March 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Its even worse in this pic.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77664354/Screenshot/Multiple%20likes.png
I know its just a glitch, but its kinda weird and a bit annoying when it happens, even if it doesn't harm anything and should be fixed somehow.

derozio
March 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I, for one, like it. Wouldn't want it to be fixed or anything.

CureYoshiDarkness
March 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I've noticed it on a few posts, so even though a glitch, it seems harmless.

shenanigans
March 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
It's not a big enough deal to disable the whole system for until we've fixed it and it's also, as far as I'm aware, not high on the priorities list. The only problem I can see is that people get more likes than they really should be for their posts, but honestly... unless you're counting likes it shouldn't really matter. Multi-liking is annoying, yeah, but I'd not really say it's a system-breaking problem.

As for people liking their own posts, I very rarely see it happen (in fact I've seen someone like their own post on one occasion iirc) but I don't have a problem with it being disabled. A person wouldn't post something if they didn't like what it said, I imagine.

edit: omfg dying

Sheep
March 15th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I definitely do think it should be fixed but when your total amount of likes don't show on your profile it's not that big of a deal, methinks. It's something you can look past most of the time!

Cosmotone8
March 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh the irony...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77664354/Screenshot/Multiple%20likes%202.png
While harmless, I think its kinda funny, but still needs to be fixed. As for liking your own posts, why should it matter? If the likes aren't displayed anywhere, then why would it matter if someone's collecting likes off their own posts?

Zorua
March 15th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'm on the same boat as Derozio here. I personally like it, and it's kinda fun to have around. xD;

droomph
March 15th, 2013, 04:23 PM
I think…

You know, why not. This isn't a ROM hacking forum or a Lawsuit (or other serious business) forum, here's not a serious enough atmosphere to have to fix it. We're about Pokémon and fun. Seriously, stay in the DCC. You'll notice that we don't speak like professionals :p And the debates, they're not going in the Supreme Court Records, so why care?

And honestly, sometimes, you need to express your agreement with it, so you like it multiple times. That's what that means in "like-speak".

curiousnathan
March 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Realistically, is it that big of a deal? I find it heck annoying yes, but I certainly don't think it's one of the worst issues. Plus, it's not really hurting anyone, and it's not like it can be abused for personal gain, because you don't really recieve any reward from getting a like in the first place. (Besides a little satisfaction).

hinkage
March 15th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Not really a new problem, I've had it before and it's not that harmful :I

Ausaudriel
March 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
two members

both alike in dignity in fair

liking posts

where we get our angst and despair

TwilightBlade
March 15th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Members who've liked Razor Leaf's post
Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Team Fail, Livewire, Pachy, Pachy, Pachy, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, ★Hoenn★, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade, TwilightBlade

Lol this is rather simple to abuse. If like-givers were hidden, then seeing a post with 20+ likes could make someone's head spin. Luckily, all members have the option to see who liked a post, so it shouldn't cause any problems.

Ausaudriel
March 15th, 2013, 10:55 PM
It'll be fixed eventually along with some other enhancements that should also stop the double posting glitch (do members even get that? I can't remember), but it's low on the priority list.