PDA

View Full Version : At the start...

Miss Doronjo
March 17th, 2013, 06:26 AM
What was your very first video game? Do you still own that video game? Did you like that video game? Did you have many fond memories with that game?

My very first video game was Super Mario Bros (http://ragglefragglereviews.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/boxart.jpg) for the SNES. I don't own the game any more, but, I did, once upon a time, played the gameboy port on my old game boy, but unfortunately, I don't have that anymore either. However, of course, Mario games are always good games, and this was no exception, so, sometimes I do emulate it on the Nes emulator.

Squirrel
March 17th, 2013, 06:32 AM
The first game I ever owned/played was the original PSX version of Rayman! Looking back it's a very simple game, but at the time it was simply incredible. It was so much fun swinging through forests, destroying enemies, having to use skill and fear to beat the time limits in the jungle levels before drowning, the quirky bosses like the fly that you get to use as a friend later, everything about the game was just brilliant. Unfortunately I don't still have it, but I'm really wanting to buy another copy now!

Zorogami
March 17th, 2013, 06:58 AM
The very first game that i owned myself was a Bugs Bunny game for the old PS1, something like "Bugs lost in time", i can't really remember. Sadly i do not own that game anymore, but i have lots of memories of it and can even remember most of the levels ^^ it was a lot of fun back then!

Spinosaurus
March 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
One of the PS1 Crash games. I'm leaning towards either Crash 3 or CTR being the first one though, but I can't exactly remember. Had so much fun playing them back in the day, I'll say that.

I don't own the discs anymore, but I recently bought all of them (except the first one) on PSN. I'm amazed at how they aged both mechanically and visually. Still some of the best platformers out there, and I'm baffled that there's nothing like them. You'd think 2D platformers in a 3D perspective would be more popular instead of all the collectathons we're getting. (3D Mario is the only 3D platfomer that is a pure platformer.) CTR remains at the top.

tabor62
March 17th, 2013, 08:00 AM
My first game was Wario Land II for the Gameboy Color, best one in the series in my opinion. I still have it, and just last year I decided to run through the game again, but this time collect all secrets and beat all the endings. And all I got was reskinned Game & Watch minigame ;.; But at least I can say I completely beat the game \o/ Oh, and I still have it o 3o

Evil Stud Muffin
March 17th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Nascar 1998 or Pokemon Blue.

Talli
March 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
That probably was 102 dalmatians puppies to the rescue for the gameboy color. It is sitting there in my old GBC that I gave to my daughter to play last time she was sick.

Kura
March 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Hmmm.. probably watching my dad play the original Super Mario.. but I was too scared to play it.. so mine was probably Blades of Steel for the NES :3

Dakota
March 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
The original Spiderman for the PS2. God, that was such a good game. I had it till my PS2 system broke down around a year ago.