PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever sold a video game?

Miss Doronjo
March 18th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Often enough, I've meet some people who would sell a video game at a video game deal for some cash profits, or for some regular trade-in values for special deals. However, I just want to ask you all, have you ever sold a video game, whether it be an old game that you've had, or a new, recently developed game that you've had, for specific offers? Or, do you prefer to hold on to them for specific purposes? Why or Why not?

Mochi
March 18th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I've sold games from when I was younger, the super cheap games based on TV shows and movies and such :p Unfortunately I sold them quite a few years ago when I only knew about GameStop for trade backs and such, so I only got like $3 for four games.

Zorogami
March 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I always felt like Gamestop was trying to rip me off, so i never sold any of my games. I still have all the old PS1/PS2 classics, and I'm pretty happy i kept them (:

Cherrim
March 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
I've only ever sold doubles of games. :x I sold my second copy of Phoenix Wright: Justice For All to a friend because both my brother and I had the game and we didn't need to keep both. I also sold my English copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D to a friend because I already owned it in Japanese and bought the Special Edition for the extras. So I had no use for the game that came with the goodies. :P

I think that's it though. I'm very much a collector so I wouldn't want to part with any of my games. Besides, you never know if you might want to play them again.

Wings Don't Cry
March 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I normally sell games that I get when they were on special and found out they weren't really good. It's normally games that have a very fun first level but then every level after that turns out to be really bad.

Seki
March 19th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I only sold one game. If I am not wrong its a Sonic DS game and I completed it quickly and found it not fun at all, so I traded in for a Pokemon Diamond and paid some $20 more. Best deal ever in my opinion though...

Princess Sandshrew
March 19th, 2013, 04:45 AM
I used to sell game often, back in the PS1 days. I used to get reasonable offers for my games then. But when I started getting next to nothing for my games (and sometimes I would regret selling a game because I would want to play it a month later) I just stopped.
I would rather keep a game that I might play later than get 1/10 of what I paid for it to go towards a new game.

Soile
March 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM
You should wait until Gamestop has special trade-in offers, otherwise you get ripped off, like when I traded in my DSlite for $26 off my 3DS XL D:

I only trade in games that have no value to me. Like, American Idol Wii, Guitar Hero for DS. I may not play Portal every day, but it's staying on my shelf forever.

tabor62
March 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
I almost never sell my games, but recently I was forced to when I found myself short of cash upon the release of Black 2/White 2

Powalen
March 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
I really never sell my games but give them to my friends so they can play them.

Sweets Witch
March 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I've sold a few, but I came to regret it later. The latest one was Batman: Arkham City, which I sold for $40 because I needed the money for another game that wasn't even that good. To this day I still regret that.

Hikamaru
March 19th, 2013, 07:20 PM
From what I recall, I don't think I've ever sold a game. I actually never sell my games to be honest.

Team Fail
March 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM
There's games I've sold, some of them I regret. I recently sold my Pokemon TCG GBC, but now I kinda want it back as I want to play it again. Same for Final Fantasy I on the NES.

Brendino
March 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
There've been plenty of times where I've sold my games, but I try not to unless there's trade in specials at Gamestop/EB Games. It never really bothered me to bring them in, since I always used to get free copies of different games from EA through game testing, and more often than not I'd get duplicate titles. It helped me buy my 3DS XL for $80 or so, and I might as well get something out of them rather than leaving them on the shelf to collect dust.

Talli
March 20th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Only time I have sold a game was when Gamestation had an offer on to get a game cheaper if you trade a certain game in. That's how I got most of my pokemon games cheaper that in GAME.

Pyrax
April 1st, 2013, 10:17 AM
I've sold video games on numerous occasions.
For example, I sold Nintendogs a week after buying it out of curiousity, same goes for the game for Deathly Hallows part 1.
Now that I think about it, I've ended up selling all of the games I hate, albeit not within a week of purchase.

Axeliira
April 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
I sold a few games, the majority of them were games that I didn't want to play anymore, or lost interest. I never sell games that I love (unless if it's money emergency) because then in the future I'll rage my past self on why I sold it. xD

Majority of the games I sold in the past were sports games. xD

Struggler
April 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM
No I haven't sold any games and would prefer not to as I intend on playing them again at some stage. I have some PS2 doubles that I would sell but the cash return would not make it worthwhile

Morkula
April 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
I've only sold games that were either so terrible I knew I'd never beat them. But for the most part, I keep all my games, even if it's a game I've beaten and doubt I ever replay. I like having a collection, and usually you don't get enough for the games you sell/trade to make much of a difference anyway.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
April 2nd, 2013, 08:10 AM
I've sold alot of games that I ended up regretting later. The biggest one is probally Pokemon Platnium, at the time I wasn't enjoying it at all, but now I kinda miss the game.

Miss Doronjo
April 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Well, to answer my own question, I don't sell video games for cash, but, only for in-store credit. But, I'd only trade it in for in-store credit, only if I feel as though my relatives have too much video games as it is (because I'd normally give them my old video games). I dunno, there's really not much profit gained for selling them for cash; I feel as though that we can get much more from credits.

Dakota
April 2nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
I sold all my DS games when I broke my DS. Gonna probably regret that in the long run. Sold Pokemon Platinum for $20, best deal I made. =P

t3chvoid
April 3rd, 2013, 09:57 AM
I dunno... i would rather cash in my games at the games store for a discount on Consoles... as many stores do nowadays

Luna3415
April 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM
I have never sold a game, I am always a little bit afraid that I want to play that game later on... Furthermore I always wait to buy games until they are cheap (like 20€)

Rango
April 10th, 2013, 02:12 AM
I've sold all of my old DS games and may DS.
I regret it deeply. ;_;

lynds
April 10th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I sell my games once I've completed them, I don't really tend to re play them so to me they're just gathering dust.

bookishangel
April 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
I sold all my rune factory games, my pokemon ranger games, pokemon conquest, and a lot of my other rpgs. What can I say? I was desperate for gas money!

LilJz
April 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
I don't really sell my games, I grow fond of them after spending all those time completing them. It's like they grew one me =/

I DID trade some of my games once with some of my friends. I think I did it not more than 3 times max?

Cassiopeiia
April 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
I hold on to most of my games because I'm extremely prone to nostalgia, and I also like collecting things.

I have sold some though, but only very un-fun ones.

Nuke
April 22nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
I sell pretty much every game I have no need for with the exception of games that aren't worth much.

Like Rango I regretted selling my DS though. Stupid 3DS being disappointing. -.-

Yusshin
April 22nd, 2013, 11:17 AM
Pokemon Emerald for 5$. Never played it.

The Newest Pokemon Ranger... I bought it for 10$ on clearance for some reason (everywhere else had it for 34,99$!), beat it in a few days and sold it to some lady on Kijiji for 20$. ///Profit///

I also threw out an original, before-Platinum copy of FF VII for Playstation. Still kicking myself in the butt over that after seeing it at 200$ at Microplay.

tigerBLADE
April 22nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Pokemon Emerald for 5$. Never played it.

The Newest Pokemon Ranger... I bought it for 10$ on clearance for some reason (everywhere else had it for 34,99$!), beat it in a few days and sold it to some lady on Kijiji for 20$. ///Profit///

I also threw out an original, before-Platinum copy of FF VII for Playstation. Still kicking myself in the butt over that after seeing it at 200$ at Microplay.

Ehehe, that reminds me of the time I sold a couple of old video games to a Pawn shop. Never doing that again. :x

Because I realized that places like Gamestop gives you better deals if you want to trade games for games, which was... ultimately what I was trying to do to get different and brand new video games. Ugh, I was so mad and I'm still kicking myself over that. XD

Caelus
April 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
I sell video games all the time, usually when I need to buy something and I notice I have games that I haven't played in years.