• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's an Introduction!

Monte

Steel Maverick
Years
Hi, I'm Monte.

I was first introduced to Pokemon by a friend who let me borrow his Blue version, way back in the day. I've basically played through every generation, off and on (more off since high school), and recently picked up White 2 - having skipped B/W 1.

Every version of the game I've picked up (save W2) has been predicated as to whether or not I can naturally catch a Meowth in the wild, and there has always been a Persian on my "Victory Road" team. Kadabra/Alakazam is a second favorite, but that's because I have always equated his spoons with eating breakfast cereal.

As you can tell by the trainer card in my signature, I'm going a bit Steel crazy right now; I don't know how long that will last, generally I'm a psychic - dark - ghost kind of trainer.

Anyway, I looked around at a few of the forums before signing up, and this one seemed like the best place to settle in. In my adulthood, I don't know anyone who owns the games locally, so this community existing is pretty awesome.

~Monte

Warship

異議あり!
Years
Hi Monte and welcome to pc. It's great that you're such a big fan personally i started pokemon during the ds generation. I'm sure you'll like it here, there are many friendly people around here so i dont think you'll have trouble making friends. I recommend "Fifth Generation Pokémon Series" or "Pokémon X & Pokémon Y "(if you're planning on buying it of course) forums if you want to discuss those generations but there are forums for all generations so feel free to try them out as well. You can always vm me if you need anything and have fun at pc :)

Dark Hole Games

Old School Poke Trainer
Years
Hi, I'm Monte.

I was first introduced to Pokemon by a friend who let me borrow his Blue version, way back in the day. I've basically played through every generation, off and on (more off since high school), and recently picked up White 2 - having skipped B/W 1.

Every version of the game I've picked up (save W2) has been predicated as to whether or not I can naturally catch a Meowth in the wild, and there has always been a Persian on my "Victory Road" team. Kadabra/Alakazam is a second favorite, but that's because I have always equated his spoons with eating breakfast cereal.

As you can tell by the trainer card in my signature, I'm going a bit Steel crazy right now; I don't know how long that will last, generally I'm a psychic - dark - ghost kind of trainer.

Anyway, I looked around at a few of the forums before signing up, and this one seemed like the best place to settle in. In my adulthood, I don't know anyone who owns the games locally, so this community existing is pretty awesome.

~Monte

Hey there Monte, welcome to the Pokemon Community. I see your a Veteran Pokemon player. You will find a good amount of those here in the community, I am one of them. I played Blue in 1998 and then got red, yellow, silver, and gold. After that I stopped because I started losing interest, but after my silver got corrupted I got SoulSilver and that brought back so many memories and wanted to get into Black 1/2, but just can't find the time to get around to it. My siblings explained it to me though. Now X & Y are coming out and I will for sure be getting Pokemon X and then Y later on. So its nice to see your interest growing in pokemon :)

Are you going to get X and/or Y? Its only for the 3DS.

I never really met a person in real life that just runs 1 type of Pokemon, so that is awesome! I like to run Rock/Fire/ & Electric, but I am fine using 1 of each type in my 6 pokemon slot. To be honest I did the same thing; looking around other sites and find this one and saying "yeah this is the one".

Well man enjoy your time here and I hope to hear more from you :)
By the way I am new to this site as well :D about 2 days old lol

Monte

Steel Maverick
Years
Hi Monte and welcome to pc. It's great that you're such a big fan personally i started pokemon during the ds generation. I'm sure you'll like it here, there are many friendly people around here so i dont think you'll have trouble making friends. I recommend "Fifth Generation Pokémon Series" or "Pokémon X & Pokémon Y "(if you're planning on buying it of course) forums if you want to discuss those generations but there are forums for all generations so feel free to try them out as well. You can always vm me if you need anything and have fun at pc :)

Thank you, I'll definitely check them out.

Hey there Monte, welcome to the Pokemon Community. I see your a Veteran Pokemon player. You will find a good amount of those here in the community, I am one of them. I played Blue in 1998 and then got red, yellow, silver, and gold. After that I stopped because I started losing interest, but after my silver got corrupted I got SoulSilver and that brought back so many memories and wanted to get into Black 1/2, but just can't find the time to get around to it. My siblings explained it to me though. Now X & Y are coming out and I will for sure be getting Pokemon X and then Y later on. So its nice to see your interest growing in pokemon :)

Are you going to get X and/or Y? Its only for the 3DS.

I never really met a person in real life that just runs 1 type of Pokemon, so that is awesome! I like to run Rock/Fire/ & Electric, but I am fine using 1 of each type in my 6 pokemon slot. To be honest I did the same thing; looking around other sites and find this one and saying "yeah this is the one".

Well man enjoy your time here and I hope to hear more from you :)
By the way I am new to this site as well :D about 2 days old lol

Yeah, I definitely think I'll pick up the 3DS pokemon. I wish they'd make the game a little more like a western rpg; I'm not a boy anymore, and I'm tired of the same coming-of-age story they keep putting out. Then again, I've never really played for the story...

This is the first time since Gen 1 that I'm running a team that's primarily one type. It probably won't last, as I've just discovered that Drifloon native to the game, and I have an undying love for lighter-than-air vehicles. Unfortunately, I'll have to grind to find it. Same with a dreamland Meowth... Sure, I'll grab the in-game trade Meowth, but I find nicknaming a needful thing.

One of the great things about the pokemon games is that they have something for everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Hey Monte!

Student D1 is the name, but you can call me as Student, and welcome to the community!

Ah, I see that you started Pokémon with Blue. As for me, I started with FireRed, a remake of both Red and Blue, and I liked it very much when I started playing it. My cousin introduced it to me by the way. It's best though to play Black 2/White 2 after Black/White, so you'd get the story well, but it's all right if you skipped. You won't be missing a lot of things then!

Steel-type Pokémon are cool, but I'm more with the Water-type Pokémon, since they're my faves! I also like Fire-type Pokémon, because of their great power. :D

I could tell that you know much of X and Y already. I already have a 3DS and enough money to spend it on, so I'm all set! The starters for the sixth generation aren't that bad but the designers could have improved a bit. I'll be choosing Chespin there, since he seems very suitable for the journey in that generation. I wonder what would he looks like when he evolves... But anyways, discussion about the games is in the Pokémon X & Pokémon Y section, so feel free to browse threads and post your thoughts and opinions.

If you have any questions, just ask the moderators, and if you want to have a chat, I'm always open . ;) Just VM me on my profile. Remember to read the rules and have a good time in PC!

Back