PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Advice forum

kelario27
March 21st, 2013, 10:32 PM
A lot of what I post is stuff requesting help, whereas whatever else is in whatever forum I post has nothing to do with that. I'm a bit fed up with this. I'm sure I'm not the only person who asks for advice, so I think it would be great to add a forum for advice.

Thanks.

curiousnathan
March 22nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
We already have a few threads that can give one advice. (I assume just general advice - you didn't specify a particular type) There's Dear Anonymous (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=265569) where one is free to politely vent/rant/reflect etc. There's also a Post your Problems Thread wondering around somewhere, probably Other Chat/Other Voting Polls. It might have died and/or been locked for one reason or another, so I'd do a bit of investigating, and if it's just died off I don't see why it couldn't be re-made.

Anyway, in reality...I don't think a whole forum dedicated to giving advice would hold much diverse content. I think a small handfull of threads does the job perfectly in providing people a place to ask/receive and provide advice, and so a whole section allocated to such would (for me) be a little redundant.

Oryx
March 22nd, 2013, 04:13 AM
There aren't enough people that ask for advice now to justify a whole forum. There has to be proof that the forum would be reasonably active before it can be considered, and unfortunately "I would like it" isn't quite enough activity proof. :(

moments.
March 22nd, 2013, 04:55 AM
Again, depending on what advice you are looking for, you might be able to aim PM/VMs towards staff or members in the field which may be able to help you. Also, I notice you're a supporter which means you could make use of the blog to ask for advice more broadly.

Livewire
March 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
A lot of what I post is stuff requesting help, whereas whatever else is in whatever forum I post has nothing to do with that. I'm a bit fed up with this. I'm sure I'm not the only person who asks for advice, so I think it would be great to add a forum for advice.

Thanks.

If you looked, you would have noticed the Help & Advice Thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=291027) that already exists in Other Chat.