PDA

View Full Version : Question Reguarding Flash fire and Synchronize.

Iny Gage
March 21st, 2013, 10:55 PM
If I have a Vulpix use Will-O-Wisp against an Umbreon With Synchronize, Does Vulpix gain flash fire?

Liberal Army
March 21st, 2013, 11:04 PM
No, it does not. Synchronize will bounce the burn back to the opponent, however, Vulpix is immune to the Burn condition and cannot be burned. Only a Fire-Type move will activate Flash Fire.
Hope this helps :)

Iny Gage
March 22nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
No, it does not. Synchronize will bounce the burn back to the opponent, however, Vulpix is immune to the Burn condition and cannot be burned. Only a Fire-Type move will activate Flash Fire.
Hope this helps :)
Ok, So I assume in the same respect, If I use thunder wave with a Pikachu he also gets paralyzed.

Kk, Just wonderin how that worked.

bobandbill
March 22nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
To be pedantic with wording, it wouldn't 'bounce' it back as that what the ability Magic Bounce does. What it would do is if Umbreon is inflicted with a major status like poison or burn, the opponent will get it too, unless they are immune to it.

But correct - that would not activate Flash Fire in this case.
EDIT: Ok, So I assume in the same respect, If I use thunder wave with a Pikachu he also gets paralyzed.Correct.

In future try the help/questions thread stickies at the top of the game sections (e.g. 5th gen, 4th gen, etc). This section however is for asking questions about the forum itself.

Closed.