PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: PC Marriage

Echidna
April 7th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Ok this is either an idea or a result of pulling an all nighter~ IT'S A GOOD IDEA ANYWAYS ;;

Ok so I know that in the past, PC Marriage was pretty popular and happened quite a bit. I was wondering, would it be possible to make it official? You know like:
A PC Weddings sub-forum.
A profile field for Husband/Wife (Depending on the user's gender) or maybe just "Spouse".
A Couple's thread, like the pairing thread.
I really think it would be nice to have PC Marriages become official in a sense. I think it would be really fun and PC is all about the fun. Just thought I'd throw this out towards you guys and see how it goes.

Don't hate me ^_^

Spinosaurus
April 7th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Isn't this what pairing is all about? If you like each other a lot you could just be online couples.

I personally don't see the point of online marriage, be it serious or for fun. There's no reason or benefit for making a trivial thing official in a forum about Pokemon.

bobandbill
April 7th, 2013, 03:44 AM
I don't feel that this sort of thing, when it's not really a majorly used aspect of the forum to begin with, needs a forum section just for it personally. Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't really see it. After all pairing already exists and goes fine functioning in its thread.

Echidna
April 7th, 2013, 03:47 AM
Isn't this what pairing is all about? If you like each other a lot you could just be online couples.

I personally don't see the point of online marriage, be it serious or for fun. There's no reason or benefit for making a trivial thing official in a forum about Pokemon.

The reason I'm suggesting this is because I really think it would be nice and fun to have something new and fresh happening around the forums. Yes, pairings already exist, but it would really be fun to have a nice marriage thread. I mean, it's always fun to mix things up a bit.

I don't feel that this sort of thing, when it's not really a majorly used aspect of the forum to begin with, needs a forum section just for it personally. Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't really see it. After all pairing already exists and goes fine functioning in its thread.

I see your point there, but the list up there is just a few examples. I'm looking for ideas regarding the concept of PC Marriage itself.
I don't suppose it would be too much to start a campaign huh? :/

curiousnathan
April 7th, 2013, 04:02 AM
Personally making a whole sub-forum around weddings is a little redundant. Especially since the Pairing Thread and the pairing section on one's profile, accompanied by the ability to note pairing in one's signature, all cover a relatively similar topic quite well.

lynds
April 7th, 2013, 04:09 AM
I agree with all the above, it is a little far fetched.

I thought things like online marriages were private be it serious or fun, pairing is good enough and a nice way to show how much you like a person :)

bobandbill
April 7th, 2013, 04:10 AM
What do marriages offer that's noticeably different from pairs? (I do not go into pairing in the first place so I wouldn't know). If the general gist of it is the same then I don't see much new to it as such...

I wonder if when a forum marriage ceases like with pairings ending if a divorce would be needed. =p

Echidna
April 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
What do marriages offer that's noticeably different from pairs? (I do not go into pairing in the first place so I wouldn't know). If the general gist of it is the same then I don't see much new to it as such...

I wonder if when a forum marriage ceases like with pairings ending if a divorce would be needed. =p

Heh a divorce.
But yeah I guess it is pretty much a pairing in a sense. Anyway, just an idea that popped in my head (specifically when I was taking a walk outside xD). Guess it wasn't a very good one ;;
Could someone close this? Thanks! ^_^

Mr Cat Dog
April 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Your wish is my command!

Closed