PDA

View Full Version : What the poop is this?

Noah Ridgewood
April 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
What the poop is this and why am I getting it? Especially since all I did was reply to someone's PM.

http://i.imgur.com/PpiDm8O.png

Ausaudriel
April 9th, 2013, 03:00 PM
One more brilliant and useful and definitely-not-completely-annoying feature CloudFlare seems to afford us.

Squirrel
April 10th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Whilst trying to preview a new thread in Pokémon Clubs, this came up:

http://i.imgur.com/f0g0y4c.png

Never happened before :p

Hikamaru
April 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I saw that come up when I was trying to edit my profile.

Avishka
April 10th, 2013, 05:10 AM
it came a few days ago thrice in one day and when it came the fourth time.. i just shut down my computer and started watching TV... xD
i really hate it

Forever
April 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM
i've never seen it :x maybe certain styles have a higher chance to see it?? idk. i use chrome + bewitched so :(

derozio
April 10th, 2013, 05:18 AM
I don't think it is style-dependent. :p

But yeah, it is kinda annoying and I was actually a little scared the first time I got it because I thought it meant me being on PC was some sort of a danger to the community. And perhaps I need to stay the hell away from the forums. Yeah, stupid me. :p

Tackle
April 10th, 2013, 05:33 AM
I saw that come up when I was editing my signature, that's very, very annoying.

awolfsquared
April 10th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Yeah. I was editing my profile a few hours ago and that thing popped up. I kind of thought PC had a virus or something or someone hacked the forums.
Is it just something that happens every now and in then? Cause I've never seen it.

Alli
April 10th, 2013, 06:03 AM
That's the thing I get when I try to edit my forum splash with CSS that twistedpuppy gave me. I think it has something to do with CSS, but I'm not entirely sure. But yeah, I've gotten that too. :(

Miss Doronjo
April 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
I was changing my avatar when it popped up. I think I remember something like this sometime ago, but, it only happened once, so... I thought it was just my computer at the time.

AnonygooseD
April 10th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Newbie here.
This never happened to me so it's probably wrong with y'all's browsers, I'm using Qupzilla (a browser that you probably never heard of) & it's fine with me :D you could give that browser a try ;)

Alli
April 10th, 2013, 07:03 AM
I don't think anyone is gonna switch to a hipster browser just to avoid this lol. I'm sure it can be fixed somehow.

droomph
April 10th, 2013, 07:18 AM
I've never had this issue :p

Maybe you guys should use my ip lol

Okay but surrosly I've never gotten this message, so you might want to use me as a statistic.

Cordelia
April 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
CloudFlare creates this message when certain bits of code are detected. It's faulty, as you see...

twistedpuppy
April 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
CloudFlare creates this message when certain bits of code are detected. It's faulty, as you see...

I that explains why I got that while doing CSS-y stuff. -.-

Platinum Lucario
April 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Hm... I haven't gotten that message as of yet. But if I do... I'll be sure to state it here as well along with the screenshot.

It seems to me like it's some kind of PHP or JavaScript problem that CloudFlare has detected. Since it only seems to happen when sending a Private Message or posting a new thread. Hm... interesting.

Osiris
April 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I got this a little bit earlier today when I was attempting to change my avatar (and trying to include the optional message caused a failure). I remember this happening a few times about a year and a half - two years ago, but I hadn't seen it again until just this afternoon.

I'm glad to know that it isn't a virus/spyware or anything, I just hope it doesn't happen too often.

bobandbill
April 10th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Happened for me last night when editing an old post. All it had in it was BBCode though - no CSS to trigger it there.

Alli
April 10th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Did anyone actually put in the captcha and see what happened? Did it let you continue with what you were doing? I didn't trust it the few times I saw it, so I haven't done so myself.

Tosha
April 10th, 2013, 04:22 PM
It done that to me when I upload a picture on my profile.

bobandbill
April 10th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Did anyone actually put in the captcha and see what happened? Did it let you continue with what you were doing? I didn't trust it the few times I saw it, so I haven't done so myself.I did the captcha thing and it took me to the edit post page as it should have done in the first place.

Squirrel
April 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Did anyone actually put in the captcha and see what happened? Did it let you continue with what you were doing? I didn't trust it the few times I saw it, so I haven't done so myself.
When I entered the captcha it took me to an error page and I had to go back to the thread I was posting (thank god for Lazarus <3).

xxashxx
April 10th, 2013, 04:55 PM
It happens to me when I try to update my trade thread. Very annoying XD.:)

droomph
April 10th, 2013, 08:08 PM
hmmmmm

Is there a way to turn that specific CloudFlare feature off? I've read little snippets of "you can turn this feature off!" here and there on their website.

Team Fail
April 10th, 2013, 08:21 PM
I wonder why this is only now becoming an issue, if PC has been using CloudFlare for a while now. Must be a new feature. I haven't seen the likes of it, though.

destinedjagold
April 10th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I had this one as well when I was uploading an image in my album. =/
At first, I thought it was because the image was titled "FireRed".

xxashxx
April 10th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I hope this does not become a new thing for the forums because I am mostly Blind and this will add more problems then I have already had. Having a password is one thing but having an access code should not be part of the forums. I cannot deal with things like this. As of right now I cannot update my trade thread until this is fixed. I therefore do not want this part of the forums. I did not ask for this so why is this message here. As hard as it is to make updates and stuff this will only make things much worse than it already is. I hope this will be fixed soon. Please PM me when this is fixed. Thanks XD.:)

droomph
April 10th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I hope this does not become a new thing for the forums

yeah no it isn't because nobody likes having to put in a captcha every time they want to do something :p

God
April 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
That's the thing I get when I try to edit my forum splash with CSS that twistedpuppy gave me. I think it has something to do with CSS, but I'm not entirely sure. But yeah, I've gotten that too. :(

I know it automatically happens when I accidentally use HTML instead of CSS in signatures, but that's all I know, lmao.

Hikamaru
April 10th, 2013, 09:35 PM
yeah no it isn't because nobody likes having to put in a captcha every time they want to do something :p

It happened to me again today when I was editing my profile picture!

Elaitenstile
April 10th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Saw this while previewing my edited signature. Good thing I got this cleared out here xD.

Melody
April 10th, 2013, 10:28 PM
See this even when creating a small test snippet in my blog and previewing it:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en">
<head></head>
<body>
blah blah
</body>
</html>

It didn't stop appearing until I solved a captcha whenever I tried submitting anything that LOOKED like or resembled HTML

Alli
April 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Guys, I think it's established that many people are getting this through even non-CSS things. Posting about it continuously doesn't help. We just have to rely on our Super Hero Audy to fix it. Or to shoot cloudflare. Whichever he decides to do first. (If we're lucky, he may do both!)

Dreg
April 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Yeah, I was shocked when I first saw it, I was like "what is going on?" when I tried to edit my sig. All I did was go back, and decided to leave it.

Cordelia
April 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I got it today when I was reclaiming my theme from someone. (Updating avatar)

AnonygooseD
April 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
I don't think anyone is gonna switch to a hipster browser just to avoid this lol. I'm sure it can be fixed somehow.
Ughhhhhhh I didn't mean that >:( it's basically a clone of FireFox that's all, & I was trying to say that nearly all of you use Chrome so you should maybe have a different browser alongside it...

Kiriyuuki Kasuna
April 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Happened to me whilst trying to upload a new avatar/profile picture, and edit my signature, it scared the hell out of me and I thought that PC was down or something... But Alas it was not, I'm putting my trust in Audy fixing this, since he likes to do these things and is pro like a boss. :P

shenanigans
April 12th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Okay, I think we've a good idea of where the issue occurs now. No need for continued posting in here imo; it's getting kinda repetitive. Sit tight and... hopefully it'll be fixed (although for some reason we're apparently really precious with our CloudFlare ~_~) some time soon.

-closed