PDA

View Full Version : PokeCommunity Radio Room

antemortem
April 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
[css-div='padding-left: 50px;'][css-div="width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: droid sans;"]
WELCOME TO THE POKECOMMUNITY RADIO

Welcome one and all to PokeCommunity's very own online radio room (http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/), hosted in General Entertainment by yours truly! Basically what this is is a place for members to come together, create a playlist of their favorite tracks, and play them for their friends while at the same time chatting and carrying on like no-one's business. It's a fabulous combination of listening to music while hanging out with your fellow PokeCommunity members.
[/css-div][/css-div]
[css-div='padding-left: 50px;'][css-div="width: 600px; text-align: justify; font-family: droid sans;"]

Written below is a list of things that are required to be done to start listening to music.[/css-div]
[css-div=font-family: droid sans; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;]Signing in[/css-div]It'll be noted almost immediately that you'll have to sign-up to plug.dj with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account. Don't worry; absolutely none of the personal information provided on any of the listed sites will be used in any way at any point, not even your name.

[css-div=font-family: droid sans; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;]Creating your playlist[/css-div]• Click the 'My Playlists' button in the top left portion of the page.
• Next to 'Your Playlists' in the top left corner of the window that pops up, click 'New.'
• This will bring up a window that asks you to choose a name for your playlist. After doing so, click 'Create Playlist.'

[css-div=font-family: droid sans; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;]Composing your playlist[/css-div]• Click the 'My Playlists' button in the top left portion of the page.
• At the top is a search bar. Type in the name of the video you want and hit enter.
• As the results are displayed, you may choose the one you want and click the plus sign to the right. It will drop down a list of your current playlists. You can click the playlist you want to add the video to and after confirming, the video will be appended to the playlist! Rinse and repeat until you've created the perfect playlist.
• You can rearrange the order of your songs by clicking and dragging them to their new locations while viewing the playlist.

[css-div=font-family: droid sans; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;]How to DJ[/css-div]When you're done, you're ready to DJ! Click the button in the bottom right of the screen that says 'Click to DJ.' Once you've done that, you'll be added to the DJ queue and when your turn comes up, the first video in your playlist will start playing. Once done, you'll be shuffled back to the end of the queue, or you can choose to leave it by clicking 'Quit DJing.'

This may all seem like a lot, but it's very simple and very fun once you know what you're doing. Please do consider coming and jamming out to your favorite tracks with us sometime, alright? So what are you waiting for? Click here to join us and start DJing (http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/)! If there are any questions, please direct them to the host and Moderator of the section, Solace.[/css-div]

Sheep
April 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Well, I guess it's time I go and actually make that plug.dj account! <3 This is definitely an awesome idea and I'm really glad to see it here. :)

Jake♫
April 18th, 2013, 05:45 PM
This is totally awesome. It's similar to turntable.fm, but actually way better in that it lets you cycle more than five people. Enjoying it so far! JakeAlt14 on it!

TwilightBlade
April 18th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Very cool and colorful website. :3 I'm there as lilblade.

awolfsquared
April 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM
This sounds like a fun idea. Just hope people mind my music. :) I already have an account fortunately cause I've used this and turntable.fm many times before. What's better about this is that you can use youtube videos if you don't have the song on your computer or if it isn't in their library.

I'm also AWsquared in there as well.

antemortem
April 18th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I'm glad you guys think this is a good idea and like it so far! Feel free to use it whenever. Though I'll periodically host specific nights for everyone to gather 'round and listen to tunes with each other, casual gatherings are encouraged whenever you guys want to, such as right now! :]

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
April 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Wow What a cool idea! Can't wait to try it out sometime when I have the time.

Avishka
April 29th, 2013, 02:38 AM
awesome idea! It's good for discovering good music and meeting people :D

I'm there as Avishka!

Synerjee
April 29th, 2013, 02:50 AM
This sounds fun! I'll be there as synerjee. Let's get this party started!

awolfsquared
April 29th, 2013, 03:15 AM
There's some people in there apparently right now.

We need this to be more active guys!

vaporeon7
April 29th, 2013, 03:33 AM
I thought I'd give it a go, looks pretty good actually!

Gyardosamped
April 29th, 2013, 06:06 AM
It's a pretty cool program, and it definitely deserves more attention! :)

antemortem
May 23rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Hey, everyone! Just dropping by to say that I'll be hosting the first Community Radio Night this coming Saturday, May 25th in the plug.dj (http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/) room! All you have to do to participate is show up on May 25th around 5PM CST (GMT -6) and hang out with us for a little while while relaxing, chatting, and listening to music! Doesn't that sound like a grande evening? Get ready to have some fun! :D

awolfsquared
May 23rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Oh sounds fun and I really hope it makes activity in the Radio Room go up ten times more. Hopefully I'm on around that time and can be there.

antemortem
May 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Soooo I got hung up in some things and then completely forgot about Radio Night, so I'm rescheduling it for Saturday, June 1st. I'm really sorry for those who cleared a few minutes tonight to come around. I'd appreciate if you did it again next week, cuz I'd love to see you. :)

antemortem
June 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
Radio Night is starting right now! Click here if you'd like to join (http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/)! 8)

awolfsquared
June 1st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Is it still going on? I was there for a few minutes a it was rather dead in there.

antemortem
June 1st, 2013, 08:42 PM
It ended about an hour and a half ago, actually. :(

It was an alright turnout, though. Not as many people showed up that I would have liked, but for those that did, I do appreciate your time and hoped you had fun. The people that I recorded that showed up were as follows:
Harlequin
Twilight Sky
tabor62
AlexOzzyCake
Wolflare
JNathan
TwilightBlade
ZetIf you showed and I forgot to record your name, just know that I appreciated your time as well. 8) I do hope all of these people and more show up at the next one!

awolfsquared
June 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM
I was only in there for a few minute but it was after the event was over I couldn't make it to the actual event. You should do it more though that seems like more of a turnout than I expected. This room doesn't seem to get much attention and I'm hoping for more things like this to draw people in there. I sort of want to see this room to be popular cause I've used turntable.fm a lot before which is similar to plug.dj and it's really fun. So please do have more events like this. :)

Rest
June 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM
I was asleep when you were hosting, Ante. Sorry :( Will try to make it next time!

I'm playing some songs if anyone's planning to drop by.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
June 2nd, 2013, 10:53 AM
I work late on weekends so I had to sit this one out, Totally hoping to catch the next one though:)

Kanzler
July 16th, 2013, 10:41 PM
If any PCers wanna pop their heads in sometimes, you might be able to catch couple of us playin our tunes. Just sayin, feel free to hang out anytime!

SylveonStar
July 29th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Anyone still use this? I just made a playlist on it.

Arcturus.
August 9th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I still use it sometimes and I am using it right now, but it's a little empty atm.

antemortem
October 26th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Let's bring this back to life for the day of the dead! Tomorrow night, Sunday, October 27th, at around 6PM EST, I'll be hosting a Radio Night to celebrate Halloween! Come join us and play your favorite spooky jams and chat with some of your GE friends and anyone else that wants to join in! :3c

Kanzler
October 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'll be there :P Prepare for continuous replay of thriller lololololol nah probably lotsa daft punk :3

Arx
October 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I'll try to be here as well. Searching for scary musics hehehe

antemortem
October 27th, 2013, 11:28 AM
There's about two and a half hours left before the Radio Night kicks off!

antemortem
October 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Radio Night is starting! \o/ http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/

It's not over, but I've had to go for now, so! A big thanks to the people that showed up:

BlahISuck
Starlight Sprite
-Element-
AlakaPWNAGE
LGDArm
Magic Fox
droomph
Sector Revenge
JNathan

If anyone else shows up, just say so in this thread, and I'll make note of it. :]

Kanzler
October 27th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Come on out! Here's to a good time!

Tsutarja
October 27th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I'm in there now if it isn't too late :3

antemortem
October 27th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I'm in there now if it isn't too late :3

It's never too late - I left awhile ago for internet issues, but everyone's still enjoying themselves!

antemortem
December 21st, 2013, 06:09 PM
Would there be interest in a hangout on Christmas Eve/Day? I don't imagine Christmas Day, but for the sake of asking, ya know?

Kanzler
December 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM
I would be interested - I have a playlist of Christmas songs, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for me personally. Yes, but there are logistic obstacles.

Tsutarja
December 21st, 2013, 08:16 PM
I would definitely be interested on Christmas Eve for sure :) but as John said, maybe not so much on Christmas Day, but it wouldn't hurt to have an event on both days

fer
December 22nd, 2013, 09:39 AM
I'm definitely up for it as I won't be doing much during Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

TwilightBlade
December 22nd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Sure, I can hang around for a bit on Christmas Eve! Maybe I'll even clean my room while listening to Christmas songs. That'll get my bones moving.

antemortem
December 22nd, 2013, 10:37 PM
Mkay, then let's count on a meet-up on the radio on Christmas Eve around 4/5 PM CST. Sound good? :D

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
December 24th, 2013, 02:09 AM
I'll try to stop by if im not already doing something :]

antemortem
December 24th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Meet will be in about a half hour! :] Bring a couple Christmas songs with you; 'tis the season, and all that.

Merry Christmas Eve btw, guys!

antemortem
December 24th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Attendees:

Razor Leaf
DavidTheDeadPhilosopher
BlahISuck
Fernando
Lilith
Lalapizzame
Aura Blackquill
Sector
Zach

Thank you guys for coming; hope you had fun! Merry Christmas! :D

awolfsquared
December 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Aww dang I haven't been in the radio room in gaes and missed a great Christmas party. :( Though plug.dj hasn't been working so well for me lately so i probably couldn't go in there anyway....Oh well. Let me know when something else is going down though , okay Dave? :P

antemortem
July 17th, 2014, 02:21 AM
Hey all, I was thinking of doing some themed radio nights in the near future. Ideas for possible themes? Themes being a general topic or message all the music must address/convey/fall under, you know?

Eros
July 22nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
Late, however themes could be stuff like nostalgia, pop, 70s, 80s. Stuff like that.

UndertakerFreak1127
July 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM
There is no "my playlists" button anymore.

Never mind, figured it out. I made a rock/metal room if anyone's interested in that.

Eros
July 25th, 2014, 06:09 AM
This is rather dead, which is sad. So I'm proposing an event on the 28th of this month. Let's say around 12am GMT (6pm CST). The theme could be summer - generally uplifting music that would be blasted at say a summer BBQ or a beach party

Zoro
August 9th, 2014, 07:46 PM
It has been in Maintenance Mode the past few days, but plug.dj is back up! To celebrate the end of Summer DJ Banner will be hosting a few hours of of the dopest tracks this summer; everyone is welcome! Come in and check out the new plug.dj here (http://plug.dj/pokecommunity/).

When the event will start: 9PM EST tomorrow night. It will last however long you guys would like. If there is enough interest, we can also play Cards Against Humanity as well.

I'm also on tonight for a while if anyone else would like to join.

Bidoof FTW
October 26th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Is there any chance we'll be having a Halloween radio event this year?

Last year's event was so much fun! If no one is up to host it i'll be happy to host it.

EDIT: It seems like no one is stepping up to host so I'll be hosting the event on Wednesday the 29th starting at 7pm Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5:00)
If anyone isn't familiar with the Halloween radio event then all ya gotta do is go to the plug site for Pokecommunity (stated in OP) and you can make a playlist and DJ (our theme for Halloween is spooky music. PLEASE try and play music you think is appropriate), chat around with us and jam to the tunes, whatever you'd like! :) I'll be making a list of the participants I notice if anyone wants to do something with that.

Bidoof FTW
October 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM
So me being the baddy that I am.. I forgot it was daylight savings time so im here early! If anyone wants to come and play some normal jams for a bit before it starts I'll be here lol

antemortem
October 29th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I'm not hosting a Halloween radio night because I can't come around on Halloween day and I've been too flighty lately to organize it properly. Sorry about that. Do feel free to gather and enjoy some Halloween-themed music on the 31st if there's that interest, though. :]

Eros
October 31st, 2014, 01:22 PM
Is this happening or nah...

antemortem
January 11th, 2015, 07:56 PM
So, in short, my computer will prevent me from hosting radio nights for the foreseeable future since I can't listen to music or watch videos. I still invite you all to take the initiative to gather on your own terms and enjoy yourselves. That said, I'm unsticking this thread. Feel free to use it as a method of planning times to gather, if you wish. Once I'm able to host them myself, we'll see about doing something all together, hehe

sorry friends.

honey
January 18th, 2015, 08:50 AM
is anyone down for this or..

Harley Quinn
January 18th, 2015, 08:54 PM
most certainly if three or more people get involved

maccrash
January 19th, 2015, 06:22 AM
I'd be up for this at some point!!

honey
February 15th, 2015, 07:43 PM
maybe if there was a date we could get more people, how about wednesday/thursday? it's nice to have something to jam to while doing hw