PDA

View Full Version : Xiaolin Showdown 2: Xiaolin Chronicles

darkpokeball
April 19th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Hey there! Any of you remember "Xiaolin Showdown" from...a long time ago? Given that it was one of my favorite childhood shows, this next bit of information has truly got me pumped...

Xiaolin Showdown managed to get a sequel series, called Xiaolin Chronicles. If you have ever watched XS, how do you feel about this? Excited? Dissapointed? If you haven't seen XS, are you going to check it out? First impressions? Personally, I can't wait for XC.

awolfsquared
April 19th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I loved Xioalin Showdown so this is exciting news. It was one of my favorite series on Kids WB. I just wonder if will it continue from where the original left off or is a completely new series. I hope it continues with Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko , Clay , etc, though I wouldn't mind a show new fresh series with new characters and Shen Gong Wu too find.

Another idea I just thought of is if there was a whole new crew of Xioalin Warriors and the Shen Gong Woo from the original series got lost again, making the new crew find them again. Along with new Shen Gong Wu introduced. Anyway, just really excited to see XC and hope it's just as good as the original.

Patrick
April 19th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I remember reading about this a couple of years ago, and being concerned because I couldn't tell if it was full 3D CGI or not. Finally saw a real clip just now, and I'm glad that it's confirmed that the 3D is for the showdowns only. Jack's new voice'll probably take some getting used to, though.

Back in the day, though, this was one of my favorite Kids WB shows along with Pokemon, so I'm glad to see it returning. Whether or not I'll actually watch it, a lot lot Teen Titans Go*, is another thing. But it's somewhat comforting to know that both shows exist again in some format, if only for some kind of cozy feeling. All I need now is some early-mid Billy and Mandy reruns and a new version of HiHi Puffy AmiYumi and I'm in the mid-late 2000s again.

*The difference being that I might actively try to watch Xiaolin Chronicles if I can. Not so sure about Teen Titans.

darkpokeball
April 20th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I loved Xioalin Showdown so this is exciting news. It was one of my favorite series on Kids WB. I just wonder if will it continue from where the original left off or is a completely new series. I hope it continues with Omi, Raimundo, Kimiko , Clay , etc, though I wouldn't mind a show new fresh series with new characters and Shen Gong Wu too find.

Another idea I just thought of is if there was a whole new crew of Xioalin Warriors and the Shen Gong Woo from the original series got lost again, making the new crew find them again. Along with new Shen Gong Wu introduced. Anyway, just really excited to see XC and hope it's just as good as the original.
Well, there is a new monk, but other than that the crew is the same. (But the new monk looks...um....uninspired.)

@dbp the Jack voice from the clip was a placeholder done by Tara Strong. It's not his actual voice (thank goodness)

Patchisou Yutohru
April 20th, 2013, 07:49 AM
OH MY GOD ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THIS IS WONDERFUL I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T RUIN IT!

Sweets Witch
April 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I've got pretty high hopes for it since I really didn't like how XS ended. It was such a solid series, though. Some of the plots were really intense and so well-written that I still appreciate them, and I've always enjoyed the pacing at which they introduced new and stronger villains.

Honest
April 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I can finally look at Omi's bald single strand hair head again? Color me happy =D

I still need to catch up with the first series, but I'm definitely excited for this.

droomph
April 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM
Idk. On one hand, it was very well written, but on the other hand…

Idk it's kinda too … not racist, something's just not right with that show.

Bluerang1
April 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
I loved this show. I loved it so much that I thought that Avatar was going to be a bad copy of it. Which explains why I never fully liked or watched Avatar haha!

Didn't like that Omi didn't win whatever the challenge was and I'm not fully excited for four new people. I liked the old crew. The girl, Kimi?, always changing her hairstyle <3

KnightFerrocous
April 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
I was excited until I actually read up on it. They are keeping the same characters which because of the end of the original show I'm not really happy about. I only liked Omi and Kimiko and despised Raimundo through out the whole show. Clay was just meh. They are apparently getting a new character who from his character/power descriptions seems to be, as said above, quite uninspired.

The show is also owned by a different company so they are being forced to rename the Shen Gong Wu that existed in the original show which is going to bother me if I actually watch it.

I'll give it a chance but I'm going to be wary about it because I've been burned by series continuations before *Cough*Korra*cough*.

vaporeon7
April 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
I actually really liked the show a long time ago. It'll be interesting to she what they do to it.

Jake♫
April 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
This show was the highlight of Kids WB back in the day, with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Static Shock too (I mean, come on, it was awesome). I had no idea they'd ever come out with a sequel, and now that there is just ajsdoifjaodsijpfaosidjfoadsijf YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Do we know anything else about it, such as release date, or is it just the one trailer right now?

darkpokeball
April 29th, 2013, 04:45 PM
This show was the highlight of Kids WB back in the day, with Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh, and Static Shock too (I mean, come on, it was awesome). I had no idea they'd ever come out with a sequel, and now that there is just ajsdoifjaodsijpfaosidjfoadsijf YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Do we know anything else about it, such as release date, or is it just the one trailer right now?
We know the voice actors and we know about two new characters. We also have the channels that it will be shown on and that they are in post-production. That's about it.
The new characters look kind of....bad, but I'm going to watch a few episodes before I make any final judgements.
(Can't wait to see the 3d showdowns :) )

Arcturus.
April 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I remember watching this show a long time ago, I enjoyed it. I just hope this reboot doesn't ruin it.

Struggler
May 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM
I loved the original series, particularly Season 1, but I think this will stray too far from the original and be boring

darkpokeball
May 6th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Sometimes sequel series can go...a bit off(TT Go!, Code Lyoko Evolution, Amazing Spiez!, etc.)

But I think that XC is going to stay right on track....a bit too on track. One of the biggest flaws of teh original show was that it never developed! I bet if the show dared to go a bit darker and deep as it went along, then it wouldn't have ended in the first place.

Sanguine
May 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I saw the preview, and I'm pretty darn excited for it, y'know :)

The only downside that I saw was that Jack Spicer's voice actor changed, and the names of the Wu have changed ;-;

triplekitty
May 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I just tried digging up some info. I've heard rumors that there's an apprentice named Shadow, and the new monk uses the element of Wood. I also heard that Chase Young's voice was going to be changed, but hopefully that isn't true (I am a Chase Young fan). There are also a lot of other girls out there who would petition for Shadow to be killed off if she becomes Chase's gf XD please confirm?

darkpokeball
June 14th, 2013, 08:42 PM
I'ma save this thread.
@Triplekitty YES! Shadow and Ping-Pong(the wood elemental) are indeed real!
Anyone else notice that Ping-Pong looks a lot like Omi(main hero) while Shadow looks a lot like Chase(main villain)
Connection?

Fire Flyy
June 15th, 2013, 03:35 AM
****in cool, this was my childhood, 10/10 would watch

triplekitty
June 29th, 2013, 06:46 AM
@darkpokeball sry it's been a while hehe...but the new monk is named Ping-Pong? Seriously? As for Shadow, as long as she doesn't cut Chase's screen time, I could care less what she does. I mean, she couldn't be any worse than Wuya, right? This chick might actually be cool. I just hope there's a lot of Chase episodes. Shadow is so dang lucky!!! I wish I was her...maybe she's Chase's long lost daughter or something? That would be an interesting plot twist, and if Omi and Ping-Pong were brothers....Somebody write a fanfiction!!!!

Okay, my hopes for this show just got totally shattered. For the first time in my life, I might actually take notes on a tv show. I just found out for sure that Jason Marsden, the voice actor for Chase Young, would not be returning due to the development being in Canada. The only VAs who would be staying are Tara Strong, the voice of Omi, and the VA for Katnappe, though she will be taking over as Kimiko. As for the rest, they are going to be replaced. Chase also apparently looks older due to the new art, and with the new voice, it makes me hesitant to watch the show. If you need me, I'll be in the corner, crying while watching every episode of XS Chase was in while eating ice cream. :'(

AcidArmor
June 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Loved this cartoon when I was a kid, I'm looking forward to this sequel. Can't say that I expected it though, it's been almost seven years since that last ep aired. Time to re-watch:)

Tsutarja
July 3rd, 2013, 05:14 PM
I remember Xiaolin Showdown as a child as well and watched quite a bit of the series since I watched every show on Kids WB up until their downfall in 2007 or so. However, I may not be as fond for the revival because it's one of those shows I haven't followed since I stopped watching it, but I'll have to see how it plays out.

But based on what I read, I'm at least happy that if I do follow the series that Tara Strong will stay as the voice of Omi. I really thought she did a good job with doing his voice.

triplekitty
July 5th, 2013, 03:47 AM
I remember Xiaolin Showdown as a child as well and watched quite a bit of the series since I watched every show on Kids WB up until their downfall in 2007 or so. However, I may not be as fond for the revival because it's one of those shows I haven't followed since I stopped watching it, but I'll have to see how it plays out.

But based on what I read, I'm at least happy that if I do follow the series that Tara Strong will stay as the voice of Omi. I really thought she did a good job with doing his voice.

I'm also glad that we would be at least getting one of the original voices, but it's still pretty heartbreaking that not all of them will return. GO TARA STRONG!!!!

Gameb0y
July 15th, 2013, 07:37 PM
This is just what I needed uggh. Just like OP, I grew up with this show and now I've grown up and have so much stress in my life. To be able to watch a sequel of this show would make me feel so much at ease and give me that nostalgic feeling I long for

Oshamaru
July 18th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Oh! I remember this. Thought it was weird at first but I really enjoyed it when I was smaller. It was really interesting...But I don't remember much about the cast or the story, though.

I want to see how this turns out! :D

darkpokeball
August 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
New Info!!!
The show will premiere on August 26th 2013 on Disney XD. Episode descriptions for the first 3 episodes have been added:
New Monk On The Block(ep. 1)
Omi takes newcomer PingPong as his protege, but eventually grows jealous when Ping Pong becomes everyones favorite. This causes a rift between the monks, further complicated by the arrival of a beautiful new candidate.

A Girl Named Willow(episode 2)
Willow and Ping Pong compete for top apprentice spot as well as Omi's attention. Meanwhile, Kimiko becomes suspicious of Willow's motives.

The Fall Of Xiaolin(episode 3)
When Willow uses her charm on all the boys in the temple, Kimiko becomes even more suspicious and she eventually discovers that Willow is actually Shadow. Meanwhile, Chase Young captures Ping Pong and takes revenge on Xiaolin, destroying the temple.

Source: http://www.nickandmore.com/2013/07/31/disney-xd-august-2013-programming-highlights/

What do you guys think of this?

Shrew
August 23rd, 2013, 03:46 PM
I loved watching that cartoon when I was younger. I was really sad when the show ended. To this day, I still watch cartoons. But whether or not I'll watch this show depends on the network and whether I'll have a DVR available while it airs.

darkpokeball
August 28th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Xiaolin Chronicles has officially aired in the US!
The first episode provided some good foundation for the show...but the narrator at the beginning annoyed me. Also, Ping Pong is awesome. The new voices are going to take some getting used too...at least Omi stayed the same.

The second episode was a waste of time. It felt like mostly filler until the very end segment...and in the end only the end segment mattered in the third episode. It sort of felt like it could've been done in 15 minutes, like Terra-Ized. There's not even a single showdown!

The third episode was great. Like...the voices were still a bit...unfamiliar, but it was great and full of action. The only flaw was that in the showdown, Chase Young lost...but his 'good looks' didn't vanish.

What'd you guys think?

Peitharchia
August 28th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I've been a fan of this series for a very long time. I used watch it ever Saturday on Kids' WB when I was younger. After watching it, I used to challenge my cousin to a showdown match where we just did some friendly punching and kicking. Haha. I am glad that they're having a new show. I haven't watched any of the latest episodes just yet, but I'll make sure to either catch up with it on YouTube or watch reruns on TV.

WhiteKnightL
August 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Hey, this is a good piece of news. I loved the show so I hope it turn out to be pretty good.

arachnidsGrip
August 30th, 2013, 07:30 AM
I remember watching this when I was a kid on Cartoon Network! or was it Disney Channel? I forgot xD I loved the series when I was a kid and now that it is back, I find it to be interesting. :33

triplekitty
August 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Xiaolin Chronicles has officially aired in the US!
The first episode provided some good foundation for the show...but the narrator at the beginning annoyed me. Also, Ping Pong is awesome. The new voices are going to take some getting used too...at least Omi stayed the same.

The second episode was a waste of time. It felt like mostly filler until the very end segment...and in the end only the end segment mattered in the third episode. It sort of felt like it could've been done in 15 minutes, like Terra-Ized. There's not even a single showdown!

The third episode was great. Like...the voices were still a bit...unfamiliar, but it was great and full of action. The only flaw was that in the showdown, Chase Young lost...but his 'good looks' didn't vanish.

What'd you guys think?

I thought the voices were annoying at first, but it kind of grew on me by the third episode. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DID TO CHASE THOUGH T-T but Shadow was kind of cool despite her diet. My favorite line so far is "The kitties need a new chew toy." OH AND CHASE'S FREAKING HAIR FLIP!!!! :DDD I agree that the second episode was a waste of time, my favorite is the third one so far. I kind of now wish that Shadow and I could be friends...but I think it's great that they're putting in new characters. I did not like what they did to Chase's hideout though. It looks like the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin, and it was a cave with a cauldron of the dragon soup and a all-seeing bowl thingamajig, whereas he used to have a palace with indoor gazebos and waterfalls inside a cool volcano mountain thing.
Ping-pong isn't really a character I thought I would love, but I did. He's just so cute when he speaks French and dances with Kimiko.
I also kind of thought the new wu were lame and disappointing. The camo cloak was basically the shroud of shadows, but the brain thing was kind of cool; like the Serpent's Tail and the Reversing mirror in one, but the dodgeball bat was random. Fun, but random.
I also thought that the characters were kind of out of character at times. Like I know Dojo loves Master Fung, but it was kind of creepy when he said "You make my heart go pitter-patter when you talk Confucius." And when did Chase say cutesy things like "gumdrop" or even show affection to anyone? I mean, I like that part, but Dojo was plain creepy.
The showdowns were actually pretty good in my opinion. I thought I was going to hate it, but then you get excited trying to guess what they would look like in 3-D. And since I'm probably boring you with my frequent Chase-fangirl posts, I finish it off with this: I have a little more faith for this show now that I realize that they are trying to make it great, but there are a lot of adjustments to be made.

triplekitty
September 29th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Hey new info! WARNING! SPOILERS!
Episode 4: Dojo has a dream about golden bunnies, marking the beginning of the monks quest to find them, as they will help them find a temple. However, if the bunnies are exposed to tense or evil enviornments, they will turn evil. The monks find the temple of the golden bunnies but are in conflict when Jack Spicer wants to take them and melt them for their gold. If the monks fight, the bunnies will turn evil, if not, Jack will take them. The monks decide to sit out and wait for Jack to upset the bunnies for them. Clay then drowns the bunnies, and the real talisman is revealed, and the other bunnies released. A showdown against Jack's Monkey Staff and Omi's Shroud of Shadows. No Chase/Willow.
Episode 5: After hearing about unusual earthquakes in Japan, Kimiko flies in the Silver Manta Ray to Tokyo in order to check up on her father. They had a heated arguement the last time she was home, so she also wanted to apologize. Once she arrived at Tohomiko Tower though, her father was excited on his new project; making a virtual Tokyo for people to live in! Kimiko tried to stop her father from tampering with nature when Jack hit with a killer virus. Now Kimiko has to go inside the game and shut it down. She resets the whole thing with the other monks, but her father erases it in the end, thinking it was for the best. No showdown/No Chase/Willow
Episode 6: Jack returns reunited with Pandabubba, who has traded underground criminal life for the aboveground meat industry. He proposes to fund Jack if he can steal cows from Clay's grandfather. Fortuntely, the monks were going anyway to celebrate Granpappy's 100th birthday. Jack uses the tongue of tsaiping to talk to the cows into going with him, double crossing pandabubba when he turns them into robots. The monks manage to stop him and return the cows home. No showdown, no Chase/Willow.
Since there are no Chase/Willow episodes in this batch, you can imagine how bummed I am. Not to mention the storyline is getting off topic. Did I mention that Dojo is also really depressed/obsessive over the loss of Master Fung? Yeah, it's creepy.

darkpokeball
October 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Hey new info! WARNING! SPOILERS!
Episode 4: Dojo has a dream about golden bunnies, marking the beginning of the monks quest to find them, as they will help them find a temple. However, if the bunnies are exposed to tense or evil enviornments, they will turn evil. The monks find the temple of the golden bunnies but are in conflict when Jack Spicer wants to take them and melt them for their gold. If the monks fight, the bunnies will turn evil, if not, Jack will take them. The monks decide to sit out and wait for Jack to upset the bunnies for them. Clay then drowns the bunnies, and the real talisman is revealed, and the other bunnies released. A showdown against Jack's Monkey Staff and Omi's Shroud of Shadows. No Chase/Willow.
Episode 5: After hearing about unusual earthquakes in Japan, Kimiko flies in the Silver Manta Ray to Tokyo in order to check up on her father. They had a heated arguement the last time she was home, so she also wanted to apologize. Once she arrived at Tohomiko Tower though, her father was excited on his new project; making a virtual Tokyo for people to live in! Kimiko tried to stop her father from tampering with nature when Jack hit with a killer virus. Now Kimiko has to go inside the game and shut it down. She resets the whole thing with the other monks, but her father erases it in the end, thinking it was for the best. No showdown/No Chase/Willow
Episode 6: Jack returns reunited with Pandabubba, who has traded underground criminal life for the aboveground meat industry. He proposes to fund Jack if he can steal cows from Clay's grandfather. Fortuntely, the monks were going anyway to celebrate Granpappy's 100th birthday. Jack uses the tongue of tsaiping to talk to the cows into going with him, double crossing pandabubba when he turns them into robots. The monks manage to stop him and return the cows home. No showdown, no Chase/Willow.
Since there are no Chase/Willow episodes in this batch, you can imagine how bummed I am. Not to mention the storyline is getting off topic. Did I mention that Dojo is also really depressed/obsessive over the loss of Master Fung? Yeah, it's creepy.
Yeah, I've been recording the episodes and watching them when I have time.
Episode 4: I hated this. The showdown was nifty, but there wasn't really anything humorous or exciting. Plus, the bunnies annoyed me.

Episode 5: An otherwise great episode ruined by one crucial flaw: THEY FORGOT THE SHOWDOWN AGAIN! Seriously, a small showdown for the Honey Badger might've been nice, but they decided to use that time to show Jack ice-skating instead.

Episode 6: Haven't watched it yet. But you said there wasn't a showdown, so I'm incredibly dissapointed. This lack of showdowns better have a reason! Maybe there's going to be an episode that's like 5 minutes animation and the rest of it as a showdown? That'd be pretty cool, to have a non-stop action ep.

triplekitty
October 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Episode 7: The monks and Chase form an alliance as the Tiger Shrimp, a talisman that can control the forces of nature, is eaten by Jack Spicer. There is a showdown with Shadow and Kimiko, but even when Shadow wins, she hands it over so they could find Jack. The monks find him, restore the shrimp, and save the world.
I was so close to signing that petition to have Shadow removed from the show. There is just so much fluff between her and Chase. They talk about how she was born, he compliments her, they fight, and basically act like an item. It's so infuriating! Why can't I be her? Oh, and Jack wants to team up with Chase (again) and brings his French chef robot with him. He gets on Shadow's good side, which allows him to stay. The episode is annoying in general though. The voice acting gets really bad, even for Tara Strong, as much as it pains me to say it. BUT SHADOW OSC CAN YOU NOT TEMPT ME LIKE THAT? (CHASE RANT ALERT) I mean, Chase is magnificent and glorious but can you so not? We already freaking know that, I mean, hello? And what was with all that fluff in front of Spicer that was so sickening. If anything else happens, you can bet your blue blade thingy that I'll sign that petition to get you killed off! Yeah, not written off like Master Fung, KILLED. Like, as in, Chase kills you. You being his hope, promise, and destiny, ugh! I hate reality.

Yeah, I've been recording the episodes and watching them when I have time.
Episode 4: I hated this. The showdown was nifty, but there wasn't really anything humorous or exciting. Plus, the bunnies annoyed me.

Episode 5: An otherwise great episode ruined by one crucial flaw: THEY FORGOT THE SHOWDOWN AGAIN! Seriously, a small showdown for the Honey Badger might've been nice, but they decided to use that time to show Jack ice-skating instead.

Episode 6: Haven't watched it yet. But you said there wasn't a showdown, so I'm incredibly dissapointed. This lack of showdowns better have a reason! Maybe there's going to be an episode that's like 5 minutes animation and the rest of it as a showdown? That'd be pretty cool, to have a non-stop action ep.
But what are your thoughts on all of the SGW in this batch being just like the ones in the first series? Episode 7 finally has something different but the tongue thingy does the same thing.

darkpokeball
October 8th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Episode 7: The monks and Chase form an alliance as the Tiger Shrimp, a talisman that can control the forces of nature, is eaten by Jack Spicer. There is a showdown with Shadow and Kimiko, but even when Shadow wins, she hands it over so they could find Jack. The monks find him, restore the shrimp, and save the world.
I was so close to signing that petition to have Shadow removed from the show. There is just so much fluff between her and Chase. They talk about how she was born, he compliments her, they fight, and basically act like an item. It's so infuriating! Why can't I be her? Oh, and Jack wants to team up with Chase (again) and brings his French chef robot with him. He gets on Shadow's good side, which allows him to stay. The episode is annoying in general though. The voice acting gets really bad, even for Tara Strong, as much as it pains me to say it. BUT SHADOW OSC CAN YOU NOT TEMPT ME LIKE THAT? (CHASE RANT ALERT) I mean, Chase is magnificent and glorious but can you so not? We already freaking know that, I mean, hello? And what was with all that fluff in front of Spicer that was so sickening. If anything else happens, you can bet your blue blade thingy that I'll sign that petition to get you killed off! Yeah, not written off like Master Fung, KILLED. Like, as in, Chase kills you. You being his hope, promise, and destiny, ugh! I hate reality.

But what are your thoughts on all of the SGW in this batch being just like the ones in the first series? Episode 7 finally has something different but the tongue thingy does the same thing.
Episode 6: :C There was no showdown. AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THIS EPISODE?! It was so...random. It has a seemingly normal premise; The monks decide to go visit the 100th birthday of Clay's grandfather, Jack has other plans. But then...Jack became cow president, and there were robot cows...and Clay's song came out of nowhere. How to stop a stampede of raging cows? Option A: Use the ShenGonWu to persuade them to stop, as they always listen to whoever is using it. Option B: Sing that random country song from out of nowhere. Of course, Option B. Furthermore, THAT HORSE AT THE END. What the heck?! They ride off into the sunset on a magical thunder-pony that arrived via rainbow when Clay blew into a talisman, all the while singing the random song that has no real purpose for existing. I...I don't even know what to say.

As for episode 7, haven't seen it yet. Recorded it though. Happy to hear that there's a showdown!
As for my thoughts on the new Wu, some are good, some are bad. I hope they bring back the Reversing Mirror, under whatever new name it gets. Or maybe the Sands Of Time? That Wu led to some interesting episodes...

triplekitty
October 9th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Episode 6: :C There was no showdown. AND WHAT THE HECK WAS WITH THIS EPISODE?! It was so...random. It has a seemingly normal premise; The monks decide to go visit the 100th birthday of Clay's grandfather, Jack has other plans. But then...Jack became cow president, and there were robot cows...and Clay's song came out of nowhere. How to stop a stampede of raging cows? Option A: Use the ShenGonWu to persuade them to stop, as they always listen to whoever is using it. Option B: Sing that random country song from out of nowhere. Of course, Option B. Furthermore, THAT HORSE AT THE END. What the heck?! They ride off into the sunset on a magical thunder-pony that arrived via rainbow when Clay blew into a talisman, all the while singing the random song that has no real purpose for existing. I...I don't even know what to say.

As for episode 7, haven't seen it yet. Recorded it though. Happy to hear that there's a showdown!
As for my thoughts on the new Wu, some are good, some are bad. I hope they bring back the Reversing Mirror, under whatever new name it gets. Or maybe the Sands Of Time? That Wu led to some interesting episodes...
Yeah, there's a showdown, but it's really long. Shadow takes forever to kick Kimiko's butt. My favorite personally is the Serpent's Tail, but I think it combined with the Reversing Mirror to make that bubble brain thingy in the first episode. You know, the thing that can turn any person from spirit to solid? Oh, by the way, is there a pattern to how the episodes are released, like once a week or a month or something? I don't know how it's aired on TV. I just check back regularly to see if there's something new. And if you want any advice for watching Episode 7, have a pillow on your lap and a bucket to throw up in nearby. Shadow isn't half bad though; at least we have some things in common. We both love Chase, eating, and torturing Jack. But I don't remember when Chase got a sense of humor or a doting side, although it is a nice improvement.
HAHAHA! What you said about episode 6 made me go back and watch it all over again! But I do think "Home on the Range" was a good fitting song, and Clay's singing isn't bad either. Home on the range...where the deer and the antelope play...

darkpokeball
October 10th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Yeah, there's a showdown, but it's really long. Shadow takes forever to kick Kimiko's butt. My favorite personally is the Serpent's Tail, but I think it combined with the Reversing Mirror to make that bubble brain thingy in the first episode. You know, the thing that can turn any person from spirit to solid? Oh, by the way, is there a pattern to how the episodes are released, like once a week or a month or something? I don't know how it's aired on TV. I just check back regularly to see if there's something new. And if you want any advice for watching Episode 7, have a pillow on your lap and a bucket to throw up in nearby. Shadow isn't half bad though; at least we have some things in common. We both love Chase, eating, and torturing Jack. But I don't remember when Chase got a sense of humor or a doting side, although it is a nice improvement.
HAHAHA! What you said about episode 6 made me go back and watch it all over again! But I do think "Home on the Range" was a good fitting song, and Clay's singing isn't bad either. Home on the range...where the deer and the antelope play...
I like the showdown, but the fight-sequences seemed a bit clunky. Better than nothing though!
Just watched Episode 7. So...Shadow was made from a rib of Chase Young? WAT. Anyways, I like the French-Chef bot...and it was nice to see the world end. And yeah, that romance between Chase and Shadow does detract from the episode...it seemed a bit pointless. It was also made a bunch creepier given that CHase is Shadow's technical dad...and that Shadow is one of Chase's ribs. New episodes air every Saturday...the next one is on the 12th. They air on Disney XD in the US.

Why does nobody else watch this show?

triplekitty
October 13th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Episode 8: Chase grows worried about Ping-Pong's power, so when the Saphire Dragonfly reveals itself, he sends Shadow to go get it. She ends up in a SHOWDOWN against Omi, and after getting her hands on the Wu, makes Ping-Pong's mind the ultimate playground. Meanwhile, Omi's ego grows jealous as Ping-Pong masters the other elements and becomes great friends with the others. He later learns his lesson when Ping-Pong admits that he admires his Brother Omi the most.
My thoughts: I really learned a lot about Shadow in this episode. One, she's really curious about Chase's soup, although he won't allow her to drink any if he can help it. Two, she's really lousy in showdowns. It took her almost twice the time to try to kick Omi's butt, and ended up losing. Third, she's shady. Super shady. Jack and Wuya are also in this episode, but what they do is kind of random...you're going to have to watch it to catch what I'm saying. But I was really disappointed with Chase in this episode. Where is the Prince of Darkness I admired so much? He's degraded into a worrywart has-been who carries an energy drink at his belt. Is it because he finally figured out what hair products were? If I remember correctly, Chase could beat anyone without breaking a sweat; he only lost to Omi to help him. In this episode though, he was completely taken off guard. If he was intended to lose, they could have made it more realistic, not win just by taking his water bottle.
The SGW are not getting better. Just as a clarification, the Saphire Dragonfly is NOT the Saphire Dragon. The Dragonfly gives an energy boast and makes you hyper, which in Ping-Pong's brain, is a really bad thing. The Manchurian Mousca also makes a come back. I think the only thing new is Shadow's Blue Moon Blade, but it could be the Sword of the Storm or Blade of the Nebula. *shrugs*
As for why people may not be watching this show, it may be because we give good reviews, but this is one they have to watch because I really can't explain it. If you are reading these and keeping up with them, great! But this is a forum and it's not a bad thing to jump in with your own opinions. You don't even have to be a major fan, even watching only an episode or two is fine. Who knows, you might get hooked, no matter how bad you think it is.
(minor details): Omi's voice is a bit off, if you compared it with one and two. But the 3-D animation is a bit better even if Shadow took way too long. Chase needs more lines though. I'm kind of getting tired of him hissing all the time, and that mind telepathy is kind of freaking me out. Oh, and it's not a bad thing to kick Spicer off an episode if needed. It's not like he's a major character or anything. Give him some time for more Jackbots or something. Wuya doesn't need to hit on him for a filler. Yeah, that part creeped me out too. If more romance is allowed in the show, it might lose viewers. On one hand, they may have to move it back to the US, which means Jason Marsden, but on the other, it might be cancelled completely. I don't know if I'm willing to take that chance...

gokaiblue
October 16th, 2013, 06:56 AM
I have not seen this sequel series and only just hearing about it. Man have I missed out! I suppose I'll just have to see when it comes on.

triplekitty
October 16th, 2013, 02:56 PM
I have not seen this sequel series and only just hearing about it. Man have I missed out! I suppose I'll just have to see when it comes on.

If you want to catch up, watchcartoononline has all the episodes and will upload new ones every Saturday! Enjoy! :)

Okay, so I've been doing some thinking. Darkpokeball was a bit upset at the lack of showdowns, but what if it was made that way? I mean, think about it. The first series was XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN, so there had to be showdowns to make sense. This time is XIAOLIN CHRONICLES, and a chronicle is a story. Maybe it's just supposed to be a collection of adventures. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, or add your own opinion.
I also have to give my thoughts about the storyline and try to straighten it out, because it looks like everyone has given up trying to find the golden bunnies and a new temple. Chase is just doing whatever he wants (which is a good thing if he's finally doing something) but without some conflict, where's the fun? Oh well, at least the monks are keeping up with their training and Ping-Pong is learning.
Can't wait for the new episode this Saturday!!! :DDDD

darkpokeball
October 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I've been falling behind...I missed out on ep. 8 and ep. 9 and I don't have them recorded! I'll find a way to watch them eventually though. As for the whole Chronicles vs Showdowns thing...the first series had some good stories in those 3-part eps(Like the one where Raimundo joined Wuya or where Omi joined Chase). If the focus truly is on story > showdowns, then I'd like to see more of those 3 part eps in the new show.

triplekitty
October 20th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I've been falling behind...I missed out on ep. 8 and ep. 9 and I don't have them recorded! I'll find a way to watch them eventually though. As for the whole Chronicles vs Showdowns thing...the first series had some good stories in those 3-part eps(Like the one where Raimundo joined Wuya or where Omi joined Chase). If the focus truly is on story > showdowns, then I'd like to see more of those 3 part eps in the new show.

type watchcartoononline in google. the website has all the episodes!

Episode 9: The monks are hired to help transport a prisoner in South America to a high security prison. During the transport, Raimundo falls prey to the prisoners story, which is not too different from his own. He insists taking the prisoner to amusement parks and go cart racing before being locked up for life. After the trips, a shen-gong-wu appears (which allows more power to your farts) and Omi sets out to go find it. There is a showdown between him and Chase, after eliminating Spicer, but Chase gives it back. Another "lesson" perhaps? Willow/Shadow doesn't have a part. Later, the prisoner escapes after having a message from Chase. The monks trace him back to the circus and fight him. He then was given to the prison, and gave Raimundo a present.
My thoughts: this was more of a fluff episode, or filler if you prefer. The monks have officially given up trying to find a temple and the golden bunnies. And as much as I loved seeing Chase, he really didn't have a part. He just came, fought, then left. But at least he won this time (Yay)! Oh, and he still seems focused on turning Omi to the dark side.
This is a sketchy review, if you really want details, go watch it! watchcartoononline, watchcartoononline! It's free! Click on the CARTOONS tab and scroll to "X". They have the old version too!

triplekitty
October 26th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Episode 10: The Monks' goal is finally completed. While riding Thunderhoof, Master Fung appears to them to tell them their new temple is close by. The magical horse brings them to a small village, where Chase Young brings his wrath. He uses his magic to turn the monks into cats, but Omi managed to escape. He uses the Cheetah claws to travel back in time, seeking Master Dashi's wisdom. He hands Omi a chopstick and tells him the secret to defeating Chase. Omi returns to the present, and challenges Chase into a showdown for the freedom of his friends. He wins, and through that, the chopstick, the tohou snout, eye of the komodo dragon, the golden bunny talisman, and kimiko's rock, a diving stick is formed and a new temple is revealed. Princess Kaila of the Thousand Layer Mountain is also free of her spell. She tells the monks that they were finally home, and rides Thunderhoof off into the sky.
My thoughts: This episode was a lot better than most. Shadow is back, and I found out she was a cat person. Chase also turns Jack into a rat, so that was cute too. The new shen-gong-wu are the Cheetah claws, a hybrid of the Golden Tiger Claws and the Sands of Time, and a new version of the Two Ton Tunic. But this episode was also weird. The Cheetah Claws sent you back in time, but if you don't concentrate, you could come out naked. And you don't get to choose when to go back either. The SGW just sends you back when you're time is up. Oh, and I don't think they continued from the first series, since Omi was surprised that Chase used to be on the side of good (Hello? Everybody already knows the story, Omi. You're a couple years late.), but he could recognize Master Dashi and Dashi knew who Omi was, so I don't know.
But Shadow with the monk kittens was really cute. She was playing with them and cooed over them and everything. She seems to like Kimiko the best though, since she went through the whole "we'll be side by side" speech. WHAT TOTALLY TICKED ME OFF THOUGH WAS THAT SHE AND CHASE WERE THIS *holds fingers an inch apart* CLOSE TO ACTUALLY KISSING I AM NOT KIDDING I WAS SO SCARED!!!
So what are all of your thoughts?

darkpokeball
October 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM
So, I just saw "Out Of Ping Pong's Mind" and "Xiaolin Redemption."

Out Of Ping Pong's Mind: I loved the showdown in this one! But...since when did Shadow gain the ability to shrink Wu? Also, besides the showdown, this episode was pretty weak. I hate to see Omi hindering Ping Pong's potential and Ping Pong's 'Omi-ness' was a bit...random. Also, how in the world did Omi manage to grab Chase's magic drink? Isn't Chase Young supposed to be...untrickable?

Xiaolin Redemption: This ep was pretty cute. When Raimundo claims it's all his fault that the villain escaped, I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't. I mean, the villain literally got rid of his arm. Raimundo couldn't do anything about that! As for the villain...I'd love to see him return in future episodes. Seriously, he was evil and manipulative...I wonder what would happen if he got into Ping-Pong's head.

triplekitty
October 30th, 2013, 11:46 PM
So, I just saw "Out Of Ping Pong's Mind" and "Xiaolin Redemption."

Out Of Ping Pong's Mind: I loved the showdown in this one! But...since when did Shadow gain the ability to shrink Wu? Also, besides the showdown, this episode was pretty weak. I hate to see Omi hindering Ping Pong's potential and Ping Pong's 'Omi-ness' was a bit...random. Also, how in the world did Omi manage to grab Chase's magic drink? Isn't Chase Young supposed to be...untrickable?

Xiaolin Redemption: This ep was pretty cute. When Raimundo claims it's all his fault that the villain escaped, I couldn't help but feel that it wasn't. I mean, the villain literally got rid of his arm. Raimundo couldn't do anything about that! As for the villain...I'd love to see him return in future episodes. Seriously, he was evil and manipulative...I wonder what would happen if he got into Ping-Pong's head.

That's what I'm saying! As if anyone could be smart enough to trick the only villain who actually succeeded in splitting the world in two! They're making him look weak! Go watch Princess Kelia or whatever her name is and the thousand layer mountain, its so much cuter! if only the cats didn't talk...

darkpokeball
November 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Princess Kalia And The Thousand Layer Mountain: *_* wut. The new Wu is interesting and all...but seriously, why have it send you back to the present randomly when you could just keep going to the past every time you're sent back? I think they should've added a cap like once a day or something. Also, was it just me or was Dashi kind of a jerk? In the original, sure he was a bit mean, but he was also wise and funny. In this new one, he hears one of his friends turns evil and he goes 'meh, kinda expected it.' What made Chase so interesting last time was that he TRULY was good, and the only thing that made him bad was the soup. Also, in the original, Chase's cats were his defeated enemies. In this one, he just showed up and turned them all into cats easily...why not just do that earlier? Also, Chase's losing the showdown...that was weird. I'm okay with Chase losing showdowns as long as he smirks afterwards or hints that he lost on purpose, as that goes along with his character. In this one, he somehow honestly lost. And how did 'his greatest strength is his greatest weakness' help at all? Omi just kinda had a flashback and then won, without explaining how the advice was relevant. And will the show ever explore why Kalia was a zombified monster at first? I'm hoping that Fung's personal journey relates to or intertwines with Kalia's similar personal journey.

triplekitty
November 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
Princess Kalia And The Thousand Layer Mountain: *_* wut. The new Wu is interesting and all...but seriously, why have it send you back to the present randomly when you could just keep going to the past every time you're sent back? I think they should've added a cap like once a day or something. Also, was it just me or was Dashi kind of a jerk? In the original, sure he was a bit mean, but he was also wise and funny. In this new one, he hears one of his friends turns evil and he goes 'meh, kinda expected it.' What made Chase so interesting last time was that he TRULY was good, and the only thing that made him bad was the soup. Also, in the original, Chase's cats were his defeated enemies. In this one, he just showed up and turned them all into cats easily...why not just do that earlier? Also, Chase's losing the showdown...that was weird. I'm okay with Chase losing showdowns as long as he smirks afterwards or hints that he lost on purpose, as that goes along with his character. In this one, he somehow honestly lost. And how did 'his greatest strength is his greatest weakness' help at all? Omi just kinda had a flashback and then won, without explaining how the advice was relevant. And will the show ever explore why Kalia was a zombified monster at first? I'm hoping that Fung's personal journey relates to or intertwines with Kalia's similar personal journey.

Meh, I guess Chase losing isn't that big a deal since Shadow did win one and she ended up giving it back anyway. But Kalia was kind of random with her monster form and her and Thunderhoof riding on the rainbow happily-ever-after style. Oh, and I won't be able to watch the next one until Sunday, so keep me upadated? I heard there was going to be a mini Dojo IN DOJO'S ORIGINAL COLORS!!!!!
But yeah, I kind of have to agree with you with Chase being a bit off character, but everyone is off character if you haven't noticed *cough cough Dojo* so maybe having Shadow around changed him or something. I still like her though, she's really cool. Can I be like her when I grow up?
My poor poor Chase...what have those Canadian producers and artists done to you? He used to be the respected Prince of Darkness, a named feared by the world, and now...he's a single father who got defeated legitamently by cheese snack. Even when he brought the world down to its knees a second time, he couldn't get rid of the monks for long.
Oh, and as for Dashi, I seriously think he didn't know what he was talking about half the time. That dude was Loco with a capital L.

triplekitty
November 3rd, 2013, 02:13 AM
Episode 11: Dojo finally gets his own episode when a meteorite lands near the temple, revealing Dojo's great (x25) grandson, who visits from the future in order to make sure that Dojo fulfills his destiny to be the leader and master of the planet. Apparently, after being treated as a servant by the monks, he takes control and frees his kind, making the humans slaves instead. Mini Dojo talks to Big Dojo about his rule as he and the monks try to find the Quantum Wand, a new SGW that allows time travel. Jack makes a comeback with some new Jackbots, and surprisingly wins the Showdown against Clay. The monks manage to get it back, but not before Mini and Big Dojo were sent to the future by Spicer. They follow him and end up in the future. With the help of a friend, they get inside the Dragon Palace and apologize to Big Dojo for the way they treated them. Mini Dojo then overthrows Big Dojo as leader and orders their annihilation. After using the Quantum Wand to return to the present, the monks make it up to Dojo by becoming his servants. On the side story, Jack creates a Banana shrinking ray, and uses it on Wuya.
My thoughts: First of all, it was sickening to see Mini Dojo grovel. I totally hate that, but on the plus side, all the characters were totally true to their descriptions. But I thought it was weird that Wuya could read a magazine, and "Maze of Hay" had an alternate meaning. It was cool seeing Clay in 3D, even if he lost to Spicer. But hey, Chase and Hannibal lost to him too (at least that's what they think ;D). Overall, I thought it was nice that some of the characters that had less screen time in the first series finally got a serious part (even if it wasn't a Chase/Shadow episode). Hopefully in the next episode, my Prince of Darkness will rise again, take control of Chaos, and plunge the world in eternal night. *sigh* Oh, that would be so wonderful, or at least a lot better than with Dojo in charge. And Rai looked good in a maid outfit, I hope Chase will keep him in that.
Question for all of you: If you could create a SGW, what would it do and what would you call it? Mine personally would be the Artemis Arrows, a set of bow and arrows that could hit any target intended with a bit of practice, and a Fire-type. So I guess it would be like Kimiko's Arrow Sparrows, but more subtle. Her birds were a bit too flashy, and where's the fun if you don't have surprise on your side?
Another question: What do you think the next SGW in the show is going to be? I'm guessing something that has to do with time.

darkpokeball
November 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Just saw Planet of the Dragons. Have to say, I freaking loved it! This and "Fall Of Xiaolin" are my favorite episodes so far! Best showdown this season,(even though Clay lost :C ). I didn't like how obvious the moral was, and how they kept pushing it in my face, but other than that, I hugely enjoyed the storyline. I hope Clay competes in more showdowns soon...

If I could create a Shen-Gon-Wu? The Jupiter Bolt. It either has the ability to repel darkness and bring light back in dark times(if in the hands of good) or to plunge the world into darkness and nearly drown out all light(in the hands of evil.) There's a lot at stake with this Wu, and if the Heylin side got it, then we'd probably have of of 'em 3-part episodes on our hands.

Next SGW in the show? Hopefully a remake of the Eye of Dashi or a remake of the Reversing Mirror...I've been missing those Wu.

triplekitty
November 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Just saw Planet of the Dragons. Have to say, I freaking loved it! This and "Fall Of Xiaolin" are my favorite episodes so far! Best showdown this season,(even though Clay lost :C ). I didn't like how obvious the moral was, and how they kept pushing it in my face, but other than that, I hugely enjoyed the storyline. I hope Clay competes in more showdowns soon...

If I could create a Shen-Gon-Wu? The Jupiter Bolt. It either has the ability to repel darkness and bring light back in dark times(if in the hands of good) or to plunge the world into darkness and nearly drown out all light(in the hands of evil.) There's a lot at stake with this Wu, and if the Heylin side got it, then we'd probably have of of 'em 3-part episodes on our hands.

Next SGW in the show? Hopefully a remake of the Eye of Dashi or a remake of the Reversing Mirror...I've been missing those Wu.

Darkpokeball, you're going to love this episode. The Green Monkey mask is revealed and the Monks set out to go find it in the Land of One Thousand and One Miseries. Chase figures it out and contacts the Warden, ordering him to make sure it never falls in the Monk's hands. Menawhile, the monks try to figure out a strategy from what they know from Kimiko's sister, Tigress. She was supposed to be on a quest looking for it. After arriving in the land, the monks fun into the Warden, who puts them through three miseries before the episode ends.
There is a side story in this episode where Shadow and I are in the same boat. Chase develops and interest in Tigress, telling Shadow that she could be a useful ally. This leads to Shadow wondering what she is to Chase and who she really is.
My thoughts: FINALLY! Something with a CLIFFHANGER!!! AND CHASE IS IN IT!! *SQUEE* What? He's interested in Tigress? Not on my watch, Shadow, stop him! Hey, the Warden has batman symbols on his collar. When are we going to meet Tigress? I'll continue my thoughts later, I have to go. Sorry!
My thoughts continued: Chase is one heck of a jerk in this episode. It's totally obvious that Shadow wants to please him, and there he goes rambling about Kimiko's "intriguing" sister. Hopeless much? I have to admit I like this side of Chase though, awfully anti-romantic. But other things bothered me in this episode; little things like the voice acting (again). It just didn't sound realistic, and I don't know if it was just the quality of my video, but sometimes the characters talk without moving their mouths. That was creepy. But another congrats to the Canadian staff for giving it their best. Animation was as good as always, and the recording was without flaws. Plot was good too since it now has a cliffhanger. There is a new SGW that allows one to dig underground, and the Lotus Twister makes its return.
@Darkpokeball: you saw the ending (I don't know how you got there) so there isn't really much after what you have described. The Monks land in a desert area, Warden gives them a new riddle, and Chase is obsured from their vision. He then says that he might have to go after it himself-then cliffhanger! Dun dun dunnnn....
In a nutshell for those of you who don't like to read, here are three reasons to go watch it:
1) Chase is in it
2) Shadow is in it
3) There. Is. A. Freaking. Cliffhanger.
See you all next week! <3

darkpokeball
November 9th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I woke up this morning and saw a small part of it...I was confused. Basically, Omi destroyed something, but there was this guy that said the game wasn't over and showed the monks the way out. It began to slowly close, but Omi said he had an idea. He used a new Wu of some sort, flew(and the monks all grabbed onto him) and grabbed Jack. THen he flew towards the way out, which was still closing. That's all I saw. But, I must admit: I'm interested. You say it's a cliffhanger...that makes me happy. Hopefully this is a 3-part ep! I'll watch it ASAP!

triplekitty
November 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
Anybody seen episode 13 yet?

triplekitty
November 28th, 2013, 03:22 AM
I just found out that the next episode "Mi Temple, Mi Casa" won't be on air until December 6th! Oh, and it doesn't look like it continues the story :( Something about the temple having a talking tree. But the next two episodes after that, "Heylin Within" and "Tigress Woo" seem to be interesting as Chase and Tigress will be in them. I personally can't wait until Tigress gets there so Shadow can kick her tail. But in "Tigress Woo", Kimiko has to find out if Tigress is on the side of good or evil. I really hope good. Really. If she becomes Chase's new sidekick I'm going to be seriously enraged. What happened to the good old days when the only thing I had to be jealous about was a floating head?

triplekitty
December 8th, 2013, 03:10 AM
Okay, so after a two week hiatus, the 13th episode FINALLY comes out. I think I'll do this review differently because I had no idea what was going on.
Pros: New episode, new SGW, new character, Chase is in it, showdown in cartoon.
Cons; Doesn't follow up on the Monkey Mask, Chase's full body wasn't in it in its human form, no Shadow.
The only thing I got was that when cleaning the temple, the monks run into a talking tree who happens to be Barky, the Xiaolin Dragon of Wood. Chase then uses some mystical power to take over Barky and therefore the temple, transforming it into some kind of haunted house. The monks each face their worst fears but finally meet up thanks to Dojo and face Chase. In a showdown, Barky manages to find the strength to banish Chase's aura from his own tree form and save the monks. The monks then return to the temple to find Master Fung.
My thoughts: This episode was Lame with a capital L, which I didn't even know was possible with an amazing writer like Christy Hui. But it was just chock full of awkward and dull moments. But I'm glad Chase was in it. Master Fung and Dojo are getting on my nerves though.
The new SWG are nothing special, just the Elemental ones from the first series, and some of the new ones Barky had weren't identified.
Chase was totally out of character. I'm glad he's finally doing something significant since taking over the temple, but he just didn't seem like himself and I can't quite place my finger on it.
Let me know what you think, if anyone even checks this anymore.