PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone :)

WooliestSteam
April 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone my name is Conor, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon. However I missed out on a few years, thanks to society making me believe it was uncool to play Pokemon as you got older, so as I am writing this I recently have decided to get back into Pokemon. I couldn't be happier to be a part of the Pokemon community again. I should be picking up my first 3DS tomorrow and I'll probably pick up one of the new Pokemon games while I get it. So thanks for reading this sort introduction if you did and I hope I get to meet lots of great people on here.

Thanks everyone :)

Axeliira
April 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM
Great to see you on the forums, my good sir! Nice to meetcha!

PC is the most friendliest place ever, and you will totally love it here! Ignore society, you don't need to listen to them. I've been playing Pokemon for more than 10 years, and it gets even better when you get older. So basicaly, it can stick with you for a looong time. :D And you'll get to talk Pokemon all you want with all the members of the community, and it's amazing!

Give yourself time to explore the forums, try not to rush yourself in posting! Have fun and hopefully I'll see you around :)

Hikamaru
April 21st, 2013, 05:17 PM
Hello Conor, welcome to PC!

I understand if society makes you think you should retire from Pokemon because of your age, but I think that is so wrong because I'm 20 and I still play Pokemon games, so yeah Pokemon is for everyone and I bet you know that. Anyways, you'll enjoy PC nonetheless. Any particular parts of PC you want to check out? Maybe tell us a bit more about yourself so we can recommend some sections for you. Nice to see you got a 3DS, and I hope you enjoy playing the games on it. Are you excited for Pokemon X & Y by the way? The news is coming slowly but the games will be awesome!

Have fun here, and feel free to contact any moderators if you need help. I'm also available for a conversation anytime, so just send me a visitor message. I'll be seeing ya around and enjoy your stay here!

- Hikari10

Sheep
April 21st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Heya Conor! Pleasure to meet you and welcome to the forum!

Aww... that's totally untrue. Pokemon is awesome; it's just us that grow up and get bored of it. Just because we get older doesn't mean it's not cool anymore or anything, so don't listen to those people. But it's super wonderful that you're getting back into the franchise again! :D Definitely pick up one of the newer games. I recommend Black & White and then Black 2 & White 2, personally. While I found B/W2 to be a lot more awesome than B/W, it's still nice to try out the prequels since the story refers to events that happened in the original Black & White. Once you've done that, you should drop by the Fifth Generation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200) board and make some posts to share your thoughts with us!

OH, but of course try some of the earlier gens too. HeartGold and SoulSilver are a must, plus there's Platinum. Even though they're not as new as B&W they're still really great and worth the money. If you loved Gold and Silver you'll probably love HeartGold and SoulSilver even more! They improved on a lot of things and it's always awesome to see your favorite early generation Pokemon with cool new sprites in a redesigned environment. You're going to love all that's happened in Pokemon throughout the years you've not been a fan. Age doesn't matter, either - lots of us are in our 20s and 30s and still love these games!

I can go on forever but I'm sure you get my drift. Have a great stay on PC! Make sure to stick around and make some posts. ^~^

WooliestSteam
April 22nd, 2013, 02:21 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Well I got my 3DS literally like 20mins ago, unfortunately with me being in college I can't open it up till I get home, So with all the games I traded in I managed to get a brand new red 3DS XL, Super Mario Land 3D, Pokemon Black 2 and I have also fully paid off my preorder for Pokemon Y. Pretty Awesome! :)