View Full Version : New Member~
April 23rd, 2013, 07:42 PM
I'm a new member, just joined yesterday~
Recently got the wifi on my DS working, so here I am!
Anyone can help me with a few questions? It will be greatly appreciated!
1. How do you make a trade shop?
2. Is cloning from .pkm files considered as hacking?
3. I have a bunch of .pkm events from pkdb.com, do you think they will be valuable?
April 23rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
hello juliet!Welcome to pc ok I'm going to answer your questions:
1.You can go at the trading section Here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248)
2.hmm not really XD
3.Yes they are!
April 23rd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Hey there! Welcome to PC Juliet!
Not much to say.
1.As treetwig said you'll see trading section blah blah forums.
2.I think it's only cheating mhm..
Welcome again! Enjoy.
April 23rd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Hey there Juliet, I'm amazed this name hasn't been taken yet haha. I'm one of the Trade Mods so I can help you out with your questions :D Also, welcome to PokeCommunity
1. It's very easy, just head over to the Trade Shops sub-forum (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=248). However there are rules and regulations concerning this that you should read, so stop by here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161) and read them to help prevent any accidental problems in the future.
2. It depends on who you talk to really, it's also up to you to make that decision. I myself do not consider it to be hacking, unless you are cloning Pokemon that are hacked in the first place, so go on ahead, just make sure you tell people you clone in your thread if you make one o 3o
3. Hmm, while it is not against the rules here to use publicly distributed Pokemon from a database, I frown down upon it. Sure you may receive a clone, and that clone may be a public Pokemon, but in this case you traded for it, so at least there is some value. In your case, it sounds like you just went to pkdb and downloaded a bunch of Pokemon any other person could find and download for free. However I cannot find that site, as the url you have provided leads to a dead domain. Perhaps you meant pkmdb.com? In any case, they are not valuable in any way because of it's availability and I'd strongly discourage the use of them in your shop and in future trades should you decide to open one/conduct some.
If you have any further questions about any of this or anything else, feel free to contact me. I hope you enjoy yourself here at PokeCommunity.
April 23rd, 2013, 08:06 PM
Thanks for all your help! And nice to meet you all ^^
tabor62: Another question, how do I get approval for my shop? Do I have to contact one of the trade mods or anything? And thanks for the tip about pkmdb, I just found a bunch of those files lying around and was wondering if I can do anything with them :D not to worry, I still have other legit pokemon I can trade around~
April 23rd, 2013, 08:11 PM
When you post your shop, it will not appear on the threads list immediately. Me or one of the other trade mods will have to review it first to make sure it complies with the rules. If it does, one of us will approve it and it will visible to everyone. So no contacting necessary, it'll appear in the Trade Shops sub-forum but just invisible to most people. Maybe you could start planning out a shop today? ;3
April 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you very much~ I'm gonna go scope around a bit more to see what I can learn here before I open a trade shop myself ^^
April 23rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Hi Juliet, welcome to PC!
And yeah, I was surprised your name wasn't taken yet. I was totally expecting it to be taken but guess I was wrong until now hahaha. And I see you're here for trading? Tabor has probably shown you around the Trade Corner section already, and he's also explained how to set up your trade shop. You might also enjoy Trade Corner's chatroom and also the Quick Trade Thread. It's a fun section and Tabor, along with his fellow TC mods Mac and twistedpuppy are also happy to answer your trading questions.
However, PC has some other fun places outside of Trade Corner too, such as the various Pokemon gaming sections, and the off-topic areas are also a good place to interact with other members. If you ever get lost, any of the moderators are always there to give you a helping hand, and sometimes even the older, more experienced members might help out too.
Anyways, enjoy your stay here and if you ever need a new friend to talk to, I'm always open. Just send me a visitor message on my profile and I'll be happy to talk to you!
April 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
I am, thanks! This is a very friendly community ^^
The Sly Fox
April 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the forums! As you can see, we have very helpful and friendly members here, so don't hesitate to ask anymore questions you may have in the future! See you around the forums!
Also, I like your username. Surprised it wasnt already taken.
April 24th, 2013, 07:55 PM
I know right? Everyone is! Hahaha I think I just got lucky~