PDA

View Full Version : Huzzah

-McGuy-
April 23rd, 2013, 09:13 PM
My name is McGuy, and I have been playing pokemon since before I could read, starting with Pokemon Blue on the gameboy. I discovered pokemon hacks around the third gen. and loved the ones that made more pokemon and had wildly different storys. But at the same time, when one of the characters cursed or the plot got a little too dark, I felt sucked right out of the game and felt like some of the charm that made what it is had just been forgotten.

So I started making Pokemon: Kanto's Rebirth.
It starts off with Mewtwo becomes so powerful that only Mew and all the legendarys are the only one to stop him from destroying everyone and everything that his blood lust heart compels him too. But in a rage of sheer boredom and frustration he escapes their combined powers and flies to outer space to distroy all of it all and fine more dimensions to test his prowess. For the sake of humanity and pokemons, all the lengendarys sacrifice themselves to destroy Mewtwo and prevent most of the blast from decimating earth.
But the fallout was horrifying. Continents Collided, environments and cities were destroyed, but both man and pokemon survived and began to flourish again. But all is not well. Kanto is divided into to sections. The people under the iron rule of the Order of Four, or the many gangs and criminals that make-up the Outsides in their desert waste land.
But one trainer shall return order to the broken land and his adventure awaits. He will find new towns, new pokemon, new friends and villains in a new, but familiar land.

This will be a HUGE project that I making by myself in my free time. I am making the sprites for now, and will be posting some of the complete ones to make sure the best pokemon fan (you guys) agree with them and have an input in there design and functioning in-game.

I love the website and hope to hear some suggestions from you guys in the near future.

tabor62
April 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hey there McGuy, welcome to PokeCommunity. It's safe to assume that Emulation brought you here like a lot of our members, heck, I originally found this forum because of Pokemon Shiny Gold (great hack by the way). Your game sounds pretty cool, Are you going to make it into a ROM hack? or will you make it into it's own game like some people here. In any case, lots of tools, help, and discussion can be found in the Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) and Game Development (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54) forums respectively. You can also look for team members to help you out there :3

I myself started off with Crystal version and it remained my favorite Pokemon game until HG/SS came along, placing it at 2nd. Do you play any of the DS games?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me or another moderator here. I can't wait to see your idea posted and I hope you enjoy your time at PokeCommunity :D

-McGuy-
April 23rd, 2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Tabor62. I haven't played many of the newer pokemon games on the ds. I have only played platinum and I'm playing Shinny Gold with nuzlocke rules currently. I'm seeing what I can do with a rom hack and maybe upgrading it to a new game entirely if necessary.

cuttlefishCuller
April 23rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Hey McGuy! n_n;

Emulation brings lots of new people to PC, and the section itself is fantastic, so please browse around and enjoy yourself! I'm sure you'll meet lots of awesome new people around those parts, so I'll bet you'll fit in just fine there.

I haven't played too many hacks myself, but I've been playing Pokemon since the early Red/Blue days too, so I can definitely identify with you in that respect :3

Your game does sound pretty awesome though! I really hope that works out for you. Oh, and to add on to what tabor62 said, if you're working on spriting you can always check out the Pixel Art (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55) section and browse through what other pixel artists are doing. Between the emulation and pixel forums, there's a lot of talent on PC, so I'm sure your efforts will be well received. :D

Good luck on your game! And I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forum!

-McGuy-
April 24th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the advice, Alexial357. I love yor artwork by the way.

Toshiro.
April 24th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the forums! I have also been a fan of Pokemon since the days of Red and Blue. I bought Red Version on the day it was released actually. Anyway, as the others have said, there is a whole section dedicated to Emulation and stuff like that with tools, tutorials, etc. Hope to see you around the forums!

cuttlefishCuller
April 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the advice, Alexial357. I love yor artwork by the way.

Aw, thanks for viewing. That means a lot to me. :)