PDA

View Full Version : Merging Double Posts

Player 2 Press Start
April 25th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to post my LP on the forums; however, it keeps automatically merging my posts together when I try to put up a new episode. I figure there might be a certain amount of time that has to pass in order for it not to do this, but thought I would ask.

Is there a way around the auto merge; or if one would have to wait a certain amount of time, how long is it?

Thanks a lot
-P2PS

Yusshin
April 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM
I think you have to wait two weeks to bump a topic?

Not sure. I don't see the actual length in the rules :s but generally I think after one or two days, you can double-post without merging... but it's not looked nicely upon.

I'd like to have a confirmation from a mod how much time needs to pass in order to authorize a "bump."

Player 2 Press Start
April 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM
I didn't even think about the bumping... Just wanted the thread to look clean and uniform with each episode in its own reply/post.

Well, agreed. If any Mods could clarify I'd appreciate it.

Arago
April 25th, 2013, 07:30 PM
We don't have any policy on bumping, which is something I noticed not too long ago when I wanted to bump something but didn't know if I could. We should probably get that worked out.

Yusshin
April 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Yeah, because it's really confusing. I haven't bumped my help thread in Pokemon Essentials in five days because I was concerned I'd receive an infraction.

Some sub-forums have bumping rules, though. Fan Clubs has a two-week waiting period before you can bump the thread.

droomph
April 25th, 2013, 07:36 PM
In my experience, from the time that you can double-post up until one month with no posts, you can bump the thread as long as you want.

Hoenn
April 25th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I think if we quote a post above we can double post or something.

EDIT - No, we can't. I'm pretty sure after a week or two you can re-post.