PDA

View Full Version : Whats up

Dimitrius Shinamorri
April 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Hey, guys. My name's Jonathan or Dimi and I just turned 23. I was just randomly roaming about, searching for some pokewidsom when I stumbled onto this site. I browsed about for a while and saw there's quite the big community, and a huge variety of topics that can interest any fan, new or old.

I'm mostly was into the handheld video games. I have uh Leafgreen, Emerald, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, Black 2, White, and Conquest. I had to go a little out of my way for the Emerald. I also still have my pokemon cards from way back when, the first hundred or so of the 1st Gen pokemon. Someone stole my book with the second half of the cards, but what can I do, eh? I still love and own most of the pokemon movies, Im missing the Swords of Justice once. The pokemon show was awesome, but once I was introduced to the manga was ridiculously hooked. It's so epic I want the games to be that intense.

So! I'm hear to hang out, chitchat about pokemon in hope to give and take knowledge or help. Im particular, my goals used to be being a brained washed pokemon master, but after having my SS file of 450+ pkmn and assorted item get corrupted during the summer, I am now focused on rebuilding my primary party for SS but as Shiny pkmn. That said, I have some interests in the Clubs here. <3

Sheep
April 28th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Hey Jonathan! Welcome! Your avatar is absolutely adorable so I'll start with that, haha.

You just turned 23? Neat - I turned 22 yesterday. :) PC is definitely a big community.. so big that it might intimidate some people! Hopefully you're not too scared or anything because this place is awesome and not scary at all. But I have to admit that I can really see where you're coming from when it comes to your cards being stolen because some kid from my fifth grade class stole my favorite Mew card that came with the tickets for the first movie here in the US, I believe. That was my prized possession and I was so upset when I suddenly couldn't find it in my pocket anymore.

It's wonderful to have more manga fans here, too! Definitely don't see enough around the forum. Pokemanga discussions go into Pokemon General but for reasons stated above you probably won't find too many topics there, so you're highly encouraged to make your own. n~n I'll make sure to participate in 'em when I can since I loved the manga, too. Only read the Kanto saga but it was so exciting that I really want to continue. Red was one of the best protagonists around!

Oh, really glad to see you're into clubs, too. That's one of my favorite boards as well and there are looots of clubs to join in on. If one you like doesn't exist, you can look into making one if someone hasn't already reserved it. We'll definitely be running into each other in the clubs sections, especially if it's Pokemon Clubs, haha. Enjoy your stay on PC and great meeting you! :D

Toshiro.
April 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Hey there! Welcome the forums!

I still have all my cards from the beginning. In a HUGE binder in my room. My cards go back all the way to the beginning. I like to look back at them for memories. I haven't been collecting the newer packs though. I stopped around the release of the Platinum ones. Sorry to hear someone stole yours D:

I stopped watching the anime when the Sinnoh arc started. I still watch all the movies though. My favorite is the second one with Lugia. It's simply the best! I actually never read the manga before, but always was interested in starting!

Well, hope to see you around the forums!

Arx
April 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Welcome to PC man! My name's really close to Jonathan so we have something in common. We have lots of boards that could interest you, mainly the 4th gen gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=238), the 3rd gen gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164) and the 5th gen gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200).
I also love handhelds. My PSP never leaves my side :D Going to get a PS3 though. It's sad to get those precious items stolen but at least you have a half of them.
If you ever need help or want to talk, VM me. Have fun.

Dimitrius Shinamorri
April 28th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Thank you, Cirno. I thought it was adorable. I sympathy with that Pikachu, he's a little too cute and chubby to be hidden away from the world in such a tiny ball. Yesterday?! Nice! Happy late birthday!! Nahhhh. Forums are my thing. I'm been a roleplayer since I was young, and I've made and run three forums of my own for that same purpose. So, I'm getting around here pretty easy.

Gah. That's what hurt me the most, Cirno! I had this beautiful holographic mew. I was so young and foolish though. I think I still have my Rocket's Mewtwo with the Three different attacks. Aww, now I have no idea where my other cards are. I need to look through boxes of random stuff. xD

Same here. I've read the Kanto Arcs with Red, Blue, Green and then Yellow. I only made it to the Ilex Forest for the Johto Arc before the site I was reading on completely jumped from Before Goldenrod City to After Mahogany Town. I LOVED Yellow Arc the most for Lance. He's my favorite. I'm a nerd for Dragons and Fire Pkmn, too. Lance was just such an awesome villain and possible future antihero. And I have profound respect for his creation of Lugia. :] I also love Giovanni and Yellow. Then I learned they all had something in common. x.x I'm been trying to get more people into the manga, but no one listens to me. Lol. Hm, I good try my hand at starting something related to the manga. People need to read the good word of the manga gospel!

Sweet, Toshiro! I stopped collecting the cards after the 2nd Gen, and quit the anime at the Hoenn arc. I lost track of the eps. Then I picked up Adventures in Unova and watched the hell outta that. (Btw Toshiro awesome Signature. Tamon is the man!) I like you even more! I have to say my favorite one is the Lugia movie (which I forgot mine doesnt work so I need to replace). For the second, its hard to say, there was some really good ones. The one with Lucario was pretty epic. :D

Rofl!!! Your name is too cool JNathan. One more letter, and it'd be uncanny. Ha! I'm interested in 90% of these forum sections. I have a feeling I might be all over the place for a while. Mmmm, me too! Life would be empty and bland without my systems. I a few DSes, still got my Gameboy SP and Gamecube with the GBA game adapter dock thinger for trading between 3rd Gen games, a ps2 and ps3. Im still trying to will the gods to combine Legend of Zelda, Pokemon Snap, Hey You Pikachu and Pokemon Colosseum so that game that pokemon was supposed to be is finally made.

Hikamaru
April 28th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Hello Jonathan, welcome to the PokeCommunity! ^__^

I'm glad you joined, because we're one of the more interactive Pokemon forums out there with a big community and loads of fun topics to go with it. Nice to see another person who played all the generations from 3rd Gen onward, Ruby was my first game though however I preferred the 5th Generation games most, especially Black 2 & White 2. And nice to see you also have some of the TCG cards and also watch the anime, you must be a true Pokemon fan if you do all of that stuff.

Nathan showed you the Advance, Fourth and Fifth Generation Gaming sections to discuss all the games you have, and I hang out those sections a bit so expect to run into me there every now and then. Since you also have a PS2 and PS3 why not check out the Video Games (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) section as well? It's the go-to place for all non-Pokemon gaming discussion so go take a look at it if you have the time to. Also since you happen to like the clubs here why not check out our two club-based sections - Pokemon Clubs (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24) and Fanclubs & Groups (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=73), one of which is for Pokemon-based clubs and the other for non-Pokemon clubs. I've seen you hanging out in there already which is great.

Anyway, have fun and feel free to ask a moderator if you need help or just hit me up with a visitor message and I'll be able to talk anytime! Have fun and I'll be seeing ya around!

- Hikari10

Dimitrius Shinamorri
April 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thank you, Hikari! You are too right about that, too right. I have not seen another forum that even half compares to this place. I was impressed by it so much, I honestly had to join. And I'm not the kind of person to random up and do things, and when I do I get a little too into it. But that is besides the point. I love it here.

I only own 3rd onward currently, I have played Red, Blue, and beaten Yellow. I had Silver back in the day, but due to constant cloning of Mews and Celibis, that file got so corrupted that even when I restarted the game (which I played over three times) the virus would always manifest and destroy the names of pkmn I place in Bills PC in boxes 7+. I had a new Silver, but misplaced it with my godson. >.< I am borrowing Blue from a friend, too, and tested out a glitch to get a Mew, but without Silver, can't see how far I can get with that.

I just recently got back into pkmn with the release of Black and White. I bought Black to show a friend whom had White for a few weeks already that I can get past him in less time. So, I did. Got to the pkmn league while he only had six badges. He also challenged me to whom could evolve Deerling first (he claimed he could love pkmn better than me). After pwning him there, he also had HeartGold, so I got SoulSilver....Then White. Then Platinum. Then refound my old Leafgreen and ordered a new Emerald. All for the purpose of becoming a pkmn master, before him and he was trailed wayyyy behind. But yeah.... Then SS got corrupted. Which is super funny/ironic/or something considering it happened to regular Silver. SoulSilver has been my favorite so far. :D

Oh, I will. I planned to venture into as many of the sections as I can. There could be a lot I could learn here, or at least meet people would are cool and just want to a chat about whats what. Especially in regard to the new games!! I can't learn enough. Lol.

Thanks again, if I do need help you'll hear from me, or just see me around.