PDA

View Full Version : Joeyhugg has joined PC!

joeyhugg
April 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone! I am joeyhugg. I am a big Pokemon fan who started out in the fourth generation. My favorite type is the dark type, and my favorite Pokemon is Honchkrow. I used to be a Pokemon Spriter, which is more commonly referred to as splicing. I plan on attempting ROM Hacking. I also was addicted to the Phoenix Wright series for two years. I can't wait to get started at PC!

Toshiro.
April 29th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Hey there, welcome to PC!

My favorite type is also Dark, with Umbreon being my favorite. Honchkrow is pretty cool though.

If you came for Rom Hacking you came to the right forum! We have a huge Emulation section where you can find tutorials, tools, and all the resources you need for hacking! I'm sure you'll spend most of your time there.

Hope to see you around!

miltankRancher
April 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Dark is cool! It is like my fourth most favorite type. My favorite dark-type is Houndoom! He's pretty cool. Yup.

Anyway, let me guide you to ourEmulation & ROM Hacking (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) section where you can find some awesome spriters like yourself! I love looking at some of their sprites, since I absolutely have no idea how to do it. :)

Anyway, welcome to PC and see you around! :)

joeyhugg
April 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Thanks guys! I love both Umbreon and Houndoom, btw. I'll definately check out the ROM & Emulation stuff. Thanks!

Sheep
April 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Oh, oh! Dark type fan? You're going to looove Thieves of the Night (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=269125), PC's current official dark type fanclub. :] Stop by there sometime and join in on the discussion! Dark types are awesome so it'd be wonderful to see the club get even more members. And yeah, Honchkrow is awesome. I actually got a shiny Murkrow from an amazing PokeCommunity member over a year ago, and it's on my Black 2 team as a shiny Honchkrow now! Purple isn't as fitting as black is on it, though, but that doesn't change the fact that it's awesome.

Anyways, before I ramble on about that too much, welcome to the forum! Great to meet you. :D

Spriting's pretty fun and I'm happy to see you've already delved into our Pixel Art board to discuss it. I've seen a lot of cool sprite fakedexes around that board and it's impressive what people can do. Meanwhile I'm sitting here barely able to create a fusion, haha. Scratch spriting especially sounds quite difficult! How long have you been into pixel art?

And it seems like our amazing members already filled you in about the Emulation board, so definitely make sure to stop by. n~n It's very active and one of our biggest boards here. Can find pretty much any resource you'll need to get started over there, plus there's tutorials and scripting help among other stuff. In fact, let me know how your game goes, I'd love to see it since I love ROM hacks too!

But one more thing.. when you say you were addicted to Phoenix Wright for two years, does that mean you're not anymore? :( I heard it's an amazing series! ..okayyy, I think I've rambled on far long enough, ahaha. Welcome to PC again and have a great time around the forum! I'm always here if you need help!

joeyhugg
April 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
1. I will definitely check out the Thieves of the Night!

2. I do love the purple Honchkrow, but not as much as the black one.

3. I've been into spriting for 3 years now! March 30th was the anneversary of my first entry into a sprite contest on YouTube! (one that I didn't place in...)

4. Yeah, I'm finding scripting hard, but the Graphics easy to pick up on.

5. I used to be heavily addicted. I still LOVE the series, and would highly reccomend it to anyone who enjoys a good puzzle game with not only an amazing plot but an amazing OST.

Thanks, btw!