PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans GO!

T!M
April 30th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Synopsis

Released last Tuesday (4/23) this reboot show follows the Teen Titans in a simple, less serious and more comical version of the previous Teen Titans featured on Cartoon Network. Using the same voice-actors as the action/comedy series, the "new" Titans embark on adventures around Jump City, meeting with new and old enemies alike.

Thread Theme

If you've seen the first episode, how did you like it? What are expecting in the future? What are your opinions?

Personal Opinion

Despite getting mix reactions from my hombres. I actually love the show. The artistic style is well done. The comedy is reasonable. I'm excited for today's episode (4/30) and I'm excited for future episodes. I hope the show lasts and viewers will watch with nostalgic glee.

Guy
April 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM
Still bitter over the cancellations of Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series, I was willing enough to check this out. I was a big fan of the original Teen Titans series, so it was nice to see the gang back again ─ with their original voice actors no less!

Overall, for what it's supposed to be, it's a pretty good new series. It's aimed at a younger audience than what Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS were, so it didn't have a lot of heavier elements. That being said, what I loved about the original series were its more serious and darker tones while still managing to add in comedy relief. I guess this is what happens when you turn the show into a strict comedy though and give it some cheap animation.

It's a fun quirky show, nothing to take too seriously, but it's still hard to say whether I really like it or not. Mostly due to my fondness of the original series, I'm willing to continue watching it. At least until Cartoon Network decides to start giving it long extended breaks and then cancel it and replace it with something else they think is better.

Sigh.

Mr. Downstairs
April 30th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I can't post my full thoughts on this show without breaking one million and one rules.

Dumbest show ever. I can't believe Cartoon Network cancelled two legitimately good television shows (which were two of the best shows they show these days) in favor of this crap. I tried to give it a chance, but it was worse than I thought it would have been when I first heard about it.

Rai
May 3rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
I really like it so far. It is adorable and I love the animation. It has the same characters that I fell in love with in the original series. It also stays true to the original characters. I like all of the references they have within it. It may not have as much story but it is a different and interesting change. So yeah, love it <3

darkpokeball
May 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I-I can't tell!
TTGO! has some good moments, but it killed Young justice...and I loved Young Justice.
Also, I can't decide if I like the comedy or not. The animation's...quirky. The show's just way too weird for me to judge! I'm neutral, probably willl end up watching it if nothing else is on.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
May 20th, 2013, 01:40 AM
I really dislike the concept...

That being said the moments with Robin in the Supermarket made me laugh quite a bit.

the rest of the episodes I've watched so far have fallen kind of flat though.