PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Purplatious
April 30th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Hey. I'm new here. I've been a Pokemon fan since I was 5 years old or so. I love the games.

I'm a strange mix of quiet and garrulous; most of the time I'm pretty shy, but on the rare occasion I'm willing to speak up, I'll be damned if I don't talk the whole room to death.

I think I might have come here once a long time ago when I was a stupid noob. Good to be back, anyway. I'm sure we'll get along well.

Hoenn
April 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Umm, hey there! I hope you found this place nice, and since you mentioned you were here before for...?

Anyway what and all you've packed up and brought here? We all like to chat about Pokémon, see, and everyone here will help you out! Welcome to PC!

... and don't worry much about the people here, no matter how dangerous and strict they seem, they're all friendly!

Purplatious
May 1st, 2013, 03:41 AM
Umm, hey there! I hope you found this place nice, and since you mentioned you were here before for...?

Anyway what and all you've packed up and brought here? We all like to chat about Pokémon, see, and everyone here will help you out! Welcome to PC!

... and don't worry much about the people here, no matter how dangerous and strict they seem, they're all friendly!

Hey, thanks for the lovely greeting.

I don't recall how long I was here before, nor who I was on here, nor for what purpose, nor exactly when. All I know is I wasn't very bright back then and I wound up making a fool of myself. I guess I came back because this place seems nice and I was sure that since many years had passed I wouldn't be nearly as dumb this time.

Oh, yeah, I packed a lot of stuff. I have... Let's see... A toothbrush. And, what have we here? A camera. :B

Okay, silliness aside, I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking what in theory I could contribute to the community, well, there are a few things. I'm a fair writer, for instance. I know it's a bit immodest to say so but my writing is what got me the money I needed to go to college so I feel pretty comfortable saying I'm pretty much a good writer. I'm pretty good with RPG Maker, Game Maker, and a few programming languages such as Racket and Java. I don't know how to romhack but I do understand how some of the games work on a data-manipulation level so at least I have a foundation for learning. I'd be willing to help anyone out with the writing and/or technical aspects involved in making a game, or with anything in general to which I might lend my skill set, even though I'm very busy and I may not always be available.

I like to chat about Pokemon, I think. I don't get the chance much, see.

Lastly, in the same way I'd advise the community not to be wary of me. Though my choice of words may not always be homely and may even strike people as cold or aggressive at times, I can assure you that I do not and will never mean any harm. I'm not a jerk; I'm just a gentle soul who's seen enough jerkiness in his time to adopt some of the associated mannerisms.

Ardos
May 1st, 2013, 06:00 AM
Hello! Welcome the forum!

If you have an interest in Rom Hacking, be sure to check out the Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)section of the forum. There, you can find tutorials, tools, and all the resources you need for making hacks or helping others with their own hacks. If you like writing, check out our Fan Fiction and Writing (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20) section. Submit some things you have written and get feedback!

Hope to see you around the forums~

miltankRancher
May 1st, 2013, 06:15 AM
When that rare occasion comes up, don't be afraid to hop in on PC chat! I am sure you'll find several members (and the occasional admins) chatting there to provide a good talk that I am sure can last for hours.

Anyway, see you around PC!