PDA

View Full Version : Oh look, a new guy...

Ckbruin
April 30th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Hey guys, Ckbruin here! (although you can call me "Bruin") I made this account a while ago to look at some ROM hacks and I nearly completely forgot about it! xD If I had the motivation to make my own ROM hack, I would do so but it seems like so much work :P

I play a lot of video games. A lot. You might be able to catch me on the Gen 5 or Video Game forums. As for Pokemon experience, I started with Gen 4 (not too long ago :P) and Pokemon: Pearl. I took a long hiatus from Pokemon after I beat Pearl (and used my AR to cheat stuff in). In fact, I only just recently started playing Gen 5 about 6 months ago, a few weeks after Black 2 came out. You could say my interest in Pokemon has returned, as I've also been playing SoulSilver and some Emerald.

Well, thanks for reading my (somewhat lengthy) intro thread. I hope to have fun on PC!

(P.S. I originally mistook the abbreviation PC for an actual PC/computer, not PokéCommunity xD)

Marisa
April 30th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Hello Bruin :) Nice to see you back :D

Video games are top tier, I'm quite the gamer myself. Call of Duty, Pokemon, Sonic, you'll see me play all those :3 I usually run around the Video Game forums myself! I started with Diamond myself, so it's nice to see someone similar. Good to see you've returned to Pokemon and PC in general, and I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

Nice intro btw, and welcome to PC!
Have a nice time.

Eren Jaeger
April 30th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Heya CKbruin!
Another person who's interest in Rom hacking! Hey!
I like your attitude! If you're going to start your own rom.
we have tutorials here. That's it, short reply, hope you
get along with the others. Welcome to PC ~

Ardos
May 1st, 2013, 06:08 AM
Hey there! Welcome back to the forums.

If Rom Hacking is what your interested in, your in luck. Check out our large Emulation (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)section of the forum and there you can find tutorials and tools for making hacks. Or, just check out other hacks made by our creative members. You should really check out the tutorials though. It'll get your motivation back again!

Sometimes I take a hiatus from Pokemon as well. I also play a ton of video games. I just got a 3DS recently and I looove it. Along with that I have an Xbox and Wii. Be sure to check out our Video Game (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27) section to see guides and reviews of various games.

See you around!

miltankRancher
May 1st, 2013, 06:29 AM
Hi there, Ckbruin! I am assuming you found your way towards our Emulation section? How was it? I know the people are good, right? If you are a beginning hacker, the sub-forum is a great way to start.

and, as I always say, it is never too late to start Pokemon. However, try playing the first generations first, if you can. I know it's hard to acquire copies of the games, but I am sure there are several ROMS out there for them. It's good to start with the basics first. Anyway, see you around PC!