PDA

View Full Version : Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Lilith
May 3rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
ATTACK ON TITAN
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans.

Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air...

(Source: MangaHelpers)

Information

Episodes: 25
Aired: Sunday, Apr 7, 2013 to ?
Genres: Action, Drama, Fantasy, Super Power

Oryx
May 3rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
I haven't watched the newest one yet but I loooove this show. ;o; It definitely slowed down after the first episode but I'm really looking forward to watching the people finally meet up with the Titans again!

DrFuji
May 3rd, 2013, 06:51 PM
I've really been enjoying SnK. I read the manga a couple of months ago and it is certainly full of twists/ lots of gory fun.

The animation style really separates it from most of the same-y looking shows recently and the high-action scenes with the 3D maneuver gear have been spectacular so far. From what I've seen its not as graphic in terms of the heavy gore but I guess that only to be expected. I really do like the fact that they've pushed up the training arc to the beginning from what was initially a flashback in chapter 14/15 iirc. It will really help to cement characters like Sasha, Annie, Bert and Reiner for people who are new to the series whereas in the manga they're just sort of... there from chapter 3 onwards.

Overall, I definitely think it is one of the picks of the season and I'm really looking forward to more.

Satoshi Ookami
May 4th, 2013, 01:09 AM
I'm watching it but I somehow cannot get myself into it totally...
I'll probably read manga but with all other awesome anime in this season, this one is just... there.

KriegStein
May 4th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Yeeeeees! :D I love this show! The animation is superb, music is epic and that opening...pure awesome. :D
The first episode was a great introduction to the series. :D I might check the manga some time but for now Ill just concentrate on the anime.
I have only one problem with the anime...its so hard to avoid spoilers. :'D

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 01:58 AM
OMG, WHY DIDN'T I SAW THIS BEFORE?????

SNK is the by far the best anime in this season and I think it will surpass SAO. Really enjoying it and I even finished the manga in a day LOL. This was the first I was like this the excitement was just awesome! :)

Too Bad the next episode will be a letdown to some fans. :/

Lilith
May 4th, 2013, 01:45 PM
This show... is intense. I've never watched a show that literally gave me goosebumps all over my arms and made me teary eyed within 15 seconds. I really like Eren's determination; I can see some similarities to SAO, too.

Episode 5
What was that? I feel like puking.

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 02:28 PM
This show... is intense. I've never watched a show that literally gave me goosebumps all over my arms and made me teary eyed within 15 seconds. I really like Eren's determination; I can see some similarities to SAO, too.

Episode 5
What was that? I feel like puking.

Episode 6 and 7 will be a comeback and will have you OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG for the rest of the day LOL.

I do think this is a big letdown for the people watching the series since the protagonist dies in episode 5 LOL. We will just have to wait for the next episodes for AWESOMENESS! :3

And the new chapter in the manga will probably be released next week oh yeah. xD

Rϵd
May 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
That show IS AWESOME. And omg, did you know that show surpassed SAO with only 5 episodes? (Anime) http://www.animeseason.com/anime-list/ratings/

Im impressed. And just like you Blade. Never. EVER. Saw an anime. That gave me goosebumps like this one,

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
That show IS AWESOME. And omg, did you know that show surpassed SAO with only 5 episodes? (Anime) http://www.animeseason.com/anime-list/ratings/

Im impressed. And just like you Blade. Never. EVER. Saw an anime. That gave me goosebumps like this one,

Idk, maybe If I haven't read the manga I'll have goosebumps with the new episodes. Now I remember having a lot of those will reading the manga especially when they got trapped in Castle Utgard. :3

Rϵd
May 4th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah but you read the manga, i dont, i watch the anime XD.

Hope nothing else scary happens, it was sad that the titan had to yank Erens mom's head and then eat her :x

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah but you read the manga, i dont, i watch the anime XD.

Hope nothing else scary happens, it was sad that the titan had to yank Erens mom's head and then eat her :x

Scary? Watch episode 5 since the eng sub is out! :3 There's some things that have been added in the anime that's no in the manga. Like the confrontation of Commander Pixis and this fat lord guy. xD

Rϵd
May 4th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Uhh btw i just heard something...u-ugh...ATTENTION, DONT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING IMPORTANT ON RYN.

I heard that Eren dies? D:

Well, RYN is sure an awesome show and the most violent anime i have eva seen.

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Uhh btw i just heard something...u-ugh...ATTENTION, DONT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SOMETHING IMPORTANT ON RYN.

I heard that Eren dies? D:

Well, RYN is sure an awesome show and the most violent anime i have eva seen.

It's really hard making those kind of spoilers LOL. xD
Yes, he did, DONT FREAKING OPEN THIS IF YOU WANT TO ENJOY THE FREAKING AWESOME ANIMEI'M TELLING YOU NOT TO OPEN ITNONONONONONONONOHe's not really dead he will become a 15M class titan in the next episode to defend the others to get to the supply room for gas

Diversion
May 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Oh wow, I didn't know there was a thread about this.
After watching it for the first time yesterday I got really hooked to it.
The intensity is indescribable, I can barely contain it.
And the gore, of course I wouldn't forget the gore.
And I'm really looking forward to more gore to new episodes

Satoshi Ookami
May 4th, 2013, 11:46 PM
I do think this is a big letdown for the people watching the series since the protagonist dies in episode 5 LOL. We will just have to wait for the next episodes for AWESOMENESS! :3
Most people knew that ;)
Still... what happens after that makes this pretty big mainstream :/

and that opening...pure awesome. :D
I agree with this! :D It goes with anything xD xD

Shadowraze
May 4th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Most people knew that ;)
Still... what happens after that makes this pretty big mainstream :/

Most, though if you don't know it yyou will think this anime/manga is the best one in the world. Like what happened to me LOL.

And yes the opening is great! I downloaded the Opening Music. :3

KriegStein
May 5th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Hmm just watched ep 5. Im still trying to understand what I saw...also I try to decide should I laugh or not.. :D

derozio
May 5th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Is this a shounen? Seinen? Is the gore level comparable to one in bersker? Because stuff I've seen in the bersek manga has yet to be surpassed by any manga in terms of shock value. That manga, although more than 20 years old, made me read it for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days.

Is the story in this good? Or does it merely rely on gore and shock value to get attention? How long is the manga? Is it complete?

Sorry about all the questions. This anime intrigues me. Hope it doesn't turn out like SAO - all hype no substance. It was a decent anime. The SnK OP was awesome, though.

Shadowraze
May 5th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Hmm just watched ep 5. Im still trying to understand what I saw...also I try to decide should I laugh or not.. :D

You shall laugh out loud until the next epissode. :3

Is this a shounen? Seinen? Is the gore level comparable to one in bersker? Because stuff I've seen in the bersek manga has yet to be surpassed by any manga in terms of shock value. That manga, although more than 20 years old, made me read it for 6-7 hours per day for 3 days.

Is the story in this good? Or does it merely rely on gore and shock value to get attention? How long is the manga? Is it complete?

Sorry about all the questions. This anime intrigues me. Hope it doesn't turn out like SAO - all hype no substance. It was a decent anime. The SnK OP was awesome, though.

It's Shounen, I don't know maybe the gore is greater since I haven't read Berserk that much. The story is really awesome and it doesn't rely on gore and shock value that much, it has it's own ways. :3

Up to now the manga is 44 Chapters and the manga is not complete I do not think it will be completed anytime soon until Eren reaches the basement.

NO, IT WILL NOT TURN LIKE SAO. THIS ANIME IS AS AWESOME AS ME. C:

Yes, the OP is awesome I downloaded the track after hearing it the first time LOL.

Teanji
May 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
I've only seen the first two Episodes, waiting on a friend to get their internet back before watching more. Honestly, I wasn't totally hooked and found the giant wall a little off-putting, I mean humans were running for their lives from Giants and then suddenly they've build a gigantic series of walls and can self-sustain life inside of them..

What's the story got going for it, to keep me interested? I'd be happy to hear some arguments in its favour (though without spoiling Episode 3+ please!).

Shadowraze
May 5th, 2013, 03:49 AM
I've only seen the first two Episodes, waiting on a friend to get their internet back before watching more. Honestly, I wasn't totally hooked and found the giant wall a little off-putting, I mean humans were running for their lives from Giants and then suddenly they've build a gigantic series of walls and can self-sustain life inside of them..

What's the story got going for it, to keep me interested? I'd be happy to hear some arguments in its favour (though without spoiling Episode 3+ please!).

How can you be not hooked? :(

Well the location where they built the walls is just perfect. It has trees (lots of them), many rivers it also has a lake, and the place has a great amount of natural gas in it making life really perfect.

If you just watch episode 3 you will know it and you will be hooked more to watch the next episodes and maybe even read the manga like what happened to me.

Teanji
May 5th, 2013, 04:00 AM
How can you be not hooked? :(

Well the location where they built the walls is just perfect. It has trees (lots of them), many rivers it also has a lake, and the place has a great amount of natural gas in it making life really perfect.

If you just watch episode 3 you will know it and you will be hooked more to watch the next episodes and maybe even read the manga like what happened to me.
I suppose I should overlook the wall, considering I've seen far more far-fetched things in other Anime xD. That said, I'm definitely going to watch the entire show, I just wasn't grabbed like everybody else seems to be, at least with the first two Episodes. Looking forward to the rest!

DrFuji
May 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM

Its run in a shounen magazine but it I feel like it straddles the line between the two demographics (but ultimately tending towards shounen). It does rely on high-action and 'teamwork' like a regular shounen but it has an incredible emphasis on storytelling and world building like seinen. The line between shounen and seinen can be pretty damn blurry at times so I wouldn't put too much stock in trying to sort it out when there are decent arguments for both sides of the debate. The only thing that can be agreed upon is that it isn't for young children.

Well if you want to compare a series' gore to Bezerker then you're going to come up on the losing side every time haha. So far the anime hasn't been nearly as graphic as the manga (camera cuts away, blood splatters etc) but its is certainly more violent and bloody than your average anime. I'm guessing but this is to help push DVD/ Blu-Ray sales so it isn't restricted to 18+ but it is slightly disappointing nontheless. While I'm not going to post any examples (cuz gore) I can confirm that in the manga there are multiple instances of people being decapitated, amputated, squished into the ground, being killed by centripetal force and having horses thrown at them. Its amazing the multitude of ways the human body can be destroyed, isn't it? :3c

Well there's a slight debate about the story but from most people I've talked to they've agreed that its good. The writer really loves to keep people guessing so there are a lot of questions flying around that need answering even to this day. There are a few sub-plots but it mainly runs with the main story and from my opinion every chapter has either been focused on advancing the story or building the world with little to no filler in between. The writer has been criticised by some for appearing to pull some resolutions out of his ass, but most people can counter this by referencing earlier segments of the story that show a great deal of foreshadowing with hindsight (notably when it comes to the female deviant arc).

Definitely read the first couple of chapters or watch the current episodes if you're even slightly interested though. I've enjoyed the thrill-ride and I'm eagerly awaiting for for the next episode. It has my recommendation if that means anything :P

Also, how could it turn into SAO when it has Sasha?

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj567/hypnod13/ShashaSmile2_zps3c0cdefc.gif

derozio
May 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Okay, your response made me give it a shot, Fuji. I'm glad I did. It deserves all the credit it's getting. First episode was intense. Animation was top notch and so was the voice acting. Really wish to see what happens next. :O

Shadowraze
May 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I found out a few hours ago that there are many parodies about te OP of SNK. LOL

Attack On Indian was the best, The Pingu one is secondd with the walrus looking a lot like Commander Pixis, third is this japanese parody of the intro hahaha... xD

Here is it if you wanna see it. :3

3ALhAGtt8Tg

KriegStein
May 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I found out a few hours ago that there are many parodies about te OP of SNK. LOL

Attack On Indian was the best, The Pingu one is secondd with the walrus looking a lot like Commander Pixis, third is this japanese parody of the intro hahaha... xD

Here is it if you wanna see it. :3

3ALhAGtt8Tg

What did I just watch... :'D Oh well.. Cant wait for ep 6...

Satoshi Ookami
May 5th, 2013, 09:10 PM
NO, IT WILL NOT TURN LIKE SAO. THIS ANIME IS AS AWESOME AS ME. C:
Ouch... anime is doomed.

There's NOTHING and I repeat... NOTHING that can be compared to Berserk in gore-levels =D

Oh yeah, that's why I said it goes with everything, Jaeger :D

Anyways I also finished the manga and... just wtf... :D

derozio
May 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Haha yeah, berserk's stuff can't be compared to this. Doubt even the manga goes as far as berserk. Quite a lot of **** in it is just a little too messed up. Plus it doesn't even stop at gore. There are other...horrific scenes as well. -shrugs- But I love it. Got an amazing plot and really likeable characters. Twists are wtf worthy but all have some amazing subtle foreshadowing. <3

anyway, on-topic: I heard people were getting the feels/being teary eyed in the very first episode. Which scene gave you dem feels? I personally felt the last scene about erin's mom was intended to be quite emotionally moving. It was really well animated. But since we didn't have much connection with the character in question/she didn't get much screen time, it sorta failed to get to me. I'm not really liking Erin much, either. Mikasa, on the other hand, I love. Dunno why.

Shadowraze
May 5th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Ouch... anime is doomed.

It Is! :3

Haha yeah, berserk's stuff can't be compared to this. Doubt even the manga goes as far as berserk. Quite a lot of **** in it is just a little too messed up. Plus it doesn't even stop at gore. There are other...horrific scenes as well. -shrugs- But I love it. Got an amazing plot and really likeable characters. Twists are wtf worthy but all have some amazing subtle foreshadowing. <3

anyway, on-topic: I heard people were getting the feels/being teary eyed in the very first episode. Which scene gave you dem feels? I personally felt the last scene about erin's mom was intended to be quite emotionally moving. It was really well animated. But since we didn't have much connection with the character in question/she didn't get much screen time, it sorta failed to get to me. I'm not really liking Erin much, either. Mikasa, on the other hand, I love. Dunno why.

It's Eren not Erin. :3

When Eren's mother got eaten by that Titan I was laughing sarcastically relieved that the titans are not real hahaha... xD

Have you watched episode 5? If you do you'll get more shocked in what'll happen. :3

derozio
May 5th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Like I said, I've only seen one episode. Intend to watch another today. Perhaps later. Series definitely has my interest now.

Also, I really think only the big 'red' fella should be called a titan. :p The other small ones' designs were, in my opinion, not so impressive and they were very small compared to that huge guy. Small ones should be called giants or something. lol

also why didn't the big guy just bring down the whole damn wall? He was easily capable of doing so but the only thing he did choose to do was open up a hole. That's sorta weird. :p

Shadowraze
May 6th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Like I said, I've only seen one episode. Intend to watch another today. Perhaps later. Series definitely has my interest now.

Also, I really think only the big 'red' fella should be called a titan. :p The other small ones' designs were, in my opinion, not so impressive and they were very small compared to that huge guy. Small ones should be called giants or something. lol

also why didn't the big guy just bring down the whole damn wall? He was easily capable of doing so but the only thing he did choose to do was open up a hole. That's sorta weird. :p

No, all giants are known as titans. :3 And titans are classified with their heights.

There are 3-5 Meter titans, 7 Meter Titans, 15 Meter Titans, and etc... :3

And that huge guy is the Colossal Titan (So technically it is a titan :p) and it can't destroy the wall at all. It can only destroy the gate in the wall in order for other titans to get in the town.

Only the Armored Titan is capable of breaking and make a massive hole in the wall.

DrFuji
May 6th, 2013, 03:08 AM

I agree that there wasn't much time to be particularly invested in their mother. I think the scene is primarily aiming to give the audience an idea as to how grotesque the titans are (I mean, these (http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj567/hypnod13/Shizz_zps678d72f3.png) are freakin' creepy (http://genkinahito.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/attack-on-titan-malicious-grin.png?w=640)) as well give reason to the idea of revenge/ helplessness in Erin. I knew the mother's death was coming and I just didn't want to watch it. I mean, that particular titan was just so damn happy to take a bite out of her it was just... ugh. And yes, Mikasa is amazing :3c

One thing that I've noticed is that all of the seiyuu have shown themselves to be pretty good screamers which is awesome. Armin's scream at the end of episode 5 resonates with me particularly for some reason. Maybe its the epic chime music that sets it all up and lends an already important scene some extra power but whatever :P

Shadowraze
May 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM
I agree that there wasn't much time to be particularly invested in their mother. I think the scene is primarily aiming to give the audience an idea as to how grotesque the titans are (I mean, this is freakin' creepy (http://genkinahito.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/attack-on-titan-malicious-grin.png?w=640)) as well give reason to the idea of revenge/ helplessness in Erin. I knew the mother's death was coming and I just didn't want to watch it. I mean, that particular titan was just so damn happy to take a bite out of her it was just... ugh. And yes, Mikasa is awesome :3c

One thing that I've noticed is that all of the seiyuu have shown themselves to be pretty good screamers which is awesome. Armin's scream at the end of episode 5 resonates with me particularly for some reason. Maybe its the epic chime music that sets it all up and lends an already important scene some extra power but whatever :P

Why the heck do titans have so many teeth and have no canines? :/

Satoshi Ookami
May 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM
I can only say this...
Marina, Marina, Marina ;)

No, all giants are known as titans. :3 And titans are classified with their heights.

And that huge guy is the Colossal Titan (So technically it is a titan :p) and it can't destroy the wall at all. It can only destroy the gate in the wall in order for other titans to get in the town.

Only the Armored Titan is capable of breaking and make a massive hole in the wall.
They should be called Eotens! :D
Eoten is the best term xD

Oryx
May 7th, 2013, 04:56 AM

I think he knows they're all called titans but thinks that the smaller ones shouldn't be.

I read that there is a good reason for why the titans do what they do from the manga, didn't spoil myself as to what it is so I'm excited and hope it makes it into the anime. Without that the show would lack depth imo - especially when they explained in the latest episode how they only target humans. If there was no explanation as to why it would just feel like they were made-up villains to move the plot forward.

Shadowraze
May 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM
They should be called Eotens! :D
Eoten is the best term xD

I don't know Colossal Eoten or Armored Eoten is meh. :3

I think he knows they're all called titans but thinks that the smaller ones shouldn't be.

I read that there is a good reason for why the titans do what they do from the manga, didn't spoil myself as to what it is so I'm excited and hope it makes it into the anime. Without that the show would lack depth imo - especially when they explained in the latest episode how they only target humans. If there was no explanation as to why it would just feel like they were made-up villains to move the plot forward.

Then what should we call those little titans? XD

KriegStein
May 7th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Then what should we call those little titans? XD

Why not call them "the army of giant stupid naked people"? ;)

Satoshi Ookami
May 8th, 2013, 12:27 AM
I don't know Colossal Eoten or Armored Eoten is meh. :3
That's why it's Behemoth and... Armored Eoten xD
And the other names they use xD

With the pace anime is going... I wouldn't be surprised if nothing was actually explained...
With this pace, they have only covered 6 chapters... and with 24 episodes planned, they can go max to chapter 30 (which is not end of the Female Eoten arc, so they will omit some things to finish that one).

Oryx
May 8th, 2013, 04:10 AM
No shush. They have to explain something. I really like the show so far, but that's with the promise that things will be explained. If they don't explain, I'll lose a lot of like for the show.

derozio
May 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
^ yeah, same here, Touj.

Anyway, JUST finished watching episode 4. HOLY ****. I'm really loving this anime. SO FREAKIN' PUMPED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. Starting episode 5 right now. even though i've gotta study and give a test today

Sweets Witch
May 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
No shush. They have to explain something. I really like the show so far, but that's with the promise that things will be explained. If they don't explain, I'll lose a lot of like for the show.

I was thinking about this earlier and I came to two conclusions:

>There shouldn't be TOO many unanswered questions since most of those arise after the (predicted) ending point of the anime. The thing that irks me the most about this series is that there are tons of revelations with explanations few and far between. Even at the current point in the manga, there are still tons of unanswered questions from the beginning of the series as well as those that have piled up all throughout. It seems to be a ways off until any explanations will be given, so for now I'm just gritting my teeth and waiting.

>The anime's end is entirely up in the air. The current pace matches the manga at about ~1 chapter per episode (as well as integrating a flashback chapter in early on) so that pace would mean that it ends right in the middle of a very important story arc, which...can't happen, of course. So either that'll be rushed through or omitted with filler taking its place. Both would be really painful, but a second season is always an option and the filler would really compliment that in the long run.

Oryx
May 8th, 2013, 01:28 PM
The only unanswered question I really care about is "why do they do it". I don't care how they came into existence or anything else; I would be completely satisfied knowing why.

Satoshi Ookami
May 9th, 2013, 12:09 AM
The only unanswered question I really care about is "why do they do it". I don't care how they came into existence or anything else; I would be completely satisfied knowing why.
Well... that's not even in manga so... that's that...
Only theories are pilling up considering what manga revealed about Eotens.

Sweets Witch
May 9th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Well... that's not even in manga so... that's that...
Only theories are pilling up considering what manga revealed about Eotens.

Lots of revelations, lots of hinting at future revelations, but no real explanations about anything. It's kind of a letdown, to be honest. The burden ultimately falls on the secrets in the basement and

whatever Christa supposedly knows.

derozio
May 9th, 2013, 06:05 PM
^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like Eren and Annie being titans. Didn't see this coming, though - Ryner and the other guy being the armored and the collosal titans. That came out of nowhere, lol

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p

Sweets Witch
May 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM
It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.

Shadowraze
May 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM
^ that's definitely not a bad thing, though. It keeps the series from running out of steam. Keeps viewers/readers genuinely interested in whatever the hell's coming up next. That's my view, anyway. Seriously, if it weren't for TONS of unanswered questions in One Piece even after almost 600 episodes/700 chapters now I doubt it'd still be interesting

Though yeah, it'd be one hell of a letdown if the explanations ultimately fail to be satisfactory. It's gotta be something I could never think about. There were quite a few things that I guessed while reading the manga and they turned out to be true. Things like BAMBAMBAM

That said, due to all the things being kept a secret, the wait for a new chapter becomes excruciatingly painful. ;____; I JUST finished reading the manga upto the point it's available on the internet and I'm just longing for another chapter. Pretty darn sure it's a monthly manga looking at the chapter size. Anybody knows for certain if it's monthly? Or is it like one of those mangas where a chapter comes out in six months or a year? (berserk, anyone?)

Also, I don't want this to be a 25 episode anime. :< It probably won't have a good ending. But hey, always up for it if it's gonna have more than one season. :p

Why the heck did you spoiled yourself? xD And please make that spoiler go away it's a pretty huge one The manga's chapters are released monthly. :3

It seems to be released monthly and the translations are always released between the 9th and the 13th, so the next chapter should be out any day now. I'm pretty excited for it because the ending of the last one came out of nowhere.

Chapter 45 was released yesterday and I'm reading it now. :3

Lilith
May 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Really nice backstory on Mikasa. I feel sorry for her. :( I loved seeing Eren give her the scarf. :3 Really highlights their bond... and I can't wait for next week. She still doesn't know what has happened to him. I'm very satisfied with the adaptation, as I've read this chapter already. I didn't read beyond like, chapter 15 though.

Sweets Witch
May 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Chapter 45 was released yesterday and I'm reading it now. :3

AAAAHHHHH thank you so much for saying so. I'm definitely going to hop on that once I finish making dinner.

Shadowraze
May 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Just watched episode 6. Where does the time go as I am watching this?! :O

Really nice backstory on Mikasa. I feel sorry for her. :( I loved seeing Eren give her the scarf. :3 Really highlights their bond... and I can't wait for next week. She still doesn't know what has happened to him. I'm very satisfied with the adaptation, as I've read this chapter already. I didn't read beyond like, chapter 15 though.

It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T

The sparks around mikasa when she was about to stab the man reminded me of DBZ. I was thinking like OMG mikasa's gonna turn into a Super Saiyan. :3

Also Ymir's voice in the anime is umm... WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA I always thought his voice will be more deeper or like a male. :3 Since I don't see Ymir as a girl at all

AAAAHHHHH thank you so much for saying so. I'm definitely going to hop on that once I finish making dinner.

Yeah there are some weird things going on with that chap. :3

Satoshi Ookami
May 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
As the others mentioned, it's monthly released =)

Well... classic middle long ongoing.
They won't prolong this for longer time.

It is and the KILLING is just too much. T_T
You don't like 9 years olds killings adults? :D

Oryx
May 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I was so excited to see what happened to Eren this episode. I mean I loved it anyway because Mikasa's history really made me wonder, but now it's another week of arguing with my bf over whether or not Eren is going to die.

Dude it was the fifth episode and he's the main character. He's not dead.

Altairis
May 12th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>

Shadowraze
May 12th, 2013, 10:12 PM
I tried out the anime because everyone on the server was talking about it and I wanted to take a break from the other anime I was watching. I thought it was really interesting and I like it a lot because it's so different... but the Titans are really kinda freaky tbh. also the voice actor for eren also voices alibaba in magi

I already spoiled myself and I know what happens with Eren and such I always do this to myself >.>

Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935450_10151615044106253_1502836240_n.jpg

KriegStein
May 12th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Me and blade are making everyone watch it! :3

And why did you spoiled yourself? T_T You won't enjoy watching if you did. :/

Anyways the live adaptation of SNK is about to be ready. In 5 years

I found a fan art of it and it looks incredibly awesome! :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935450_10151615044106253_1502836240_n.jpg

Thats looks so awesome! :D On the sidenote I have the same problem as Lapras. I am easily spoilered (by myself or others) Or even worse I always know what is going to happen..so nothing should come as a suprise. On the positive side even if I would read a spoiler Im able to forget it and still watch the show. :D

Lilith
May 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Episode 7 is out in all its wonderfulness. :D

I really felt for Mikasa when the light left her eyes. :(

All of the background music was amazing in this episode. My favorite one would be the track that played after Mikasa's questionable pep-talk speech, aha.

The rogue titan is here, the manifestation of mankind's anger~

All of that howling... Epic fighting!

The light returned to her eyes, and even the color in general became more vibrant. ^.^

Shadowraze
May 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Episode 7

Isayama Hajime what the **** are you really? :D

This episode is one of the best out there the animation is awesome! Mikasa IS JUST BEAUTIFUL! :3

And yeah Sasha appeared in the ep as well along with the rogue titan. :D

Rϵd
May 18th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Oh forgot the ep 7 spoiler review of the show.

OK so ep 7 was probably the best ep i have currently ever seen. W-Wow that was sooo cool. The rogue titan (thats what im going to call the titan who helps the humans) Its...you'll see ;) and Mikasa was awesome in this ep. Awesome and pretty :'D omg she battled so hard :)

Magic
May 19th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Awesome anime! Really enjoying the animation and the music in particular.

The rogue titan moment, stepping over Mikasa, was epic.

Can you guys be a bit more careful with the spoilers? :/ Some of you are spilling manga-knowledge into your anime reviews. Such as:

'Eren-titan'

Netto Azure
May 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
I liked the series when I picked it up. Reminds me of a Zombie flick of sorts. Although I'm afraid of peoples reaction as the series progresses.

Shadowraze
May 25th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Ok I just watched episode 8 of SNK! :D

OMG Eren is back! Oh yeah Eren Titan woooooooooooohooooooooooo! The background music when they found eren was just amazing and Armin's plan was just incredible!

Can't wait for ep.9!

Lilith
May 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Episode 8 holy bananas

I was so glued to watching the moment where they decided to fire their weapons at the 7 titans! Very intense moment!

OMG! Mikasa rushing to Eren really made me cry. ;.;

Eren<3

Sanguine
May 25th, 2013, 03:52 PM
This episode really made me love Armin, with his actions in the beginning and his plan <3

Mikasa, why do you always give me feels, you amazing heroine.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 25th, 2013, 05:04 PM
This looks really cool. I think I'll check it out. :)

Gomorrah
May 25th, 2013, 06:05 PM
I need to get caught up, I'm six episodes behind, aaa. Thanks for spoilering things, guys! xD

Seki
May 25th, 2013, 08:24 PM
So I watched the first 2 eps, I got literally got goosebumps throughout, this drama, is just too intense for me.

Lilith
June 1st, 2013, 02:42 PM
Episode 9, stellar episode yet again. I'm never going to get tired of this series. I really hope you stragglers catch up! <3

Levi is amazing. Loved the soundtrack and how he obsessed over cleanly cutting the titans. I also liked how Levi thought the blood was filthy on his hands after fighting, but it didn't stop him from helping his comrade depart peacefully into the afterlife.

Eren inside the titan... Very frightening and hellish scene. A survivor inside the titan's belly called out to her mom, bringing up Eren's memories. :(

STOMPING, YAY

Oh Eren. :(

OH MIKASA ;;

OH JEEZ

Shadowraze
June 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
Episode 9

Even though I already know everything up to date in SNK this ep was still too awesome! Rivaille coming in and killing those Titans wooohooo! I don't know why he's called Levi though. :/ The animation of the transformation iss awesome and the art is just woah. xD

Satoshi Ookami
June 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Oh plz no "Levi"... :/ It totally degrades Rivaille to some weird moe dude o.O

Yukari Yakumo
June 2nd, 2013, 12:10 AM
Well, I just recently started watching SNK, and so far I'm loving it. I don't really know what to say, but..yeah.

Well, I'm currently on Episode 7, and I'll either try and slip in an episode before bed, or watch until the current ep tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for recommending this btw.
Enter Episode 8:
Just watched Ep 8, and this has to be my favourite. Armin proves himself to be a great tactician, having a plan that went quite smoothly, despite needing backup at the end. Nice to see Eren's back and stuff n_n, but now the question arises: How did he become a Titan?

Pokedra
June 6th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Rivaille/Levi is just the most badass soldier ever, casually walking out to those Titans.

Dat cliffhanger as well.

Lilith
June 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Doesn't one pronounce Revaille as Revi or Levi...?

Where did you traitors go? :P

Cliffhanger brought his friends over, yo.

Episode 10:
Compared to the rest of the season, this episode was rather calm. XD; No blood splattering that I can remember, anyways. Armin really shined here and set up the events for the next one...

Episode 11:
This episode moved so slowly, though I do appreciate many of the tidbits. I really just wanted Eren to move that boulder by now. Hmph.

There was a time before titans, where humans would be at war with each other instead. The introduction of a new, monstrous threat got humans to unite and barricade themselves in those walls... Humans still aren't completely united. Many of the soldiers were freaking out, even that one commander guy wanted to kill them on the spot. Pixis brilliantly turned things around. I do wonder if Titans were all along created by mankind.

Oh, that was some slow running to the boulder... Nice pep talk there to someone who already has a lot on his shoulders, miss Rico. :P

WHY DID EREN!TITAN LOSE CONTROL NOW OF ALL TIMES AND ATTACK MIKASA?!

Razer302
June 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Haven't watched the last 3 episodes as I have been watching Elemental gelade and had a lot of work, but me and all of my friends totally love this anime. We chat about this one more than any other that is currently on our watch list. Love the characters, The story ideas and the twists it has. I can't wait to find out more about the titans and so on. Just a great watch for me.

Gomorrah
June 15th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Oh, that was some slow running to the boulder... Nice pep talk there to someone who already has a lot on his shoulders, miss Rico. :P

WHY DID EREN!TITAN LOSE CONTROL NOW OF ALL TIMES AND ATTACK MIKASA?!

I couldn't believe how slow they were running, lmfao. Anyway, yeah, I jumped out of my seat when he attacked Mikasa. Obviously she'll be alright, but what the hell happened? Was it just a lack of titans to attack that caused him to attack the nearest thing, or...? I'm worried that he won't be able to control his titan form in the most dire of instances, especially right now. aaa ;_;

Magic
June 15th, 2013, 11:50 PM
I couldn't believe how slow they were running, lmfao. Anyway, yeah, I jumped out of my seat when he attacked Mikasa. Obviously she'll be alright, but what the hell happened? Was it just a lack of titans to attack that caused him to attack the nearest thing, or...? I'm worried that he won't be able to control his titan form in the most dire of instances, especially right now. aaa ;_;

Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.

derozio
June 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.

Satoshi Ookami
June 16th, 2013, 12:19 AM
I spoiled myself by reading the manga and cannot enjoy the anime much anymore. ;_________; Someone please wipe my memories, please!!!

Though, really, anyone here follows the manga regularly? Did ya read the latest chapter??

Things are progressing sooooo slowly. 42 pages of nothing. :< At least we got confirmation that the great ape titan belongs to a different faction (hinted earlier when he didn't recognize 3d gear) and that there's much more than meets the eye. And that those "mass murderers" actually have reasons as to why they're doing what they did.
Yeah... the last 3 or 4 chapters progress really slowly... I would really like to see something important for a change... it is really boring right now...

derozio
June 16th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Yeah, considering it's a monthly manga I expect the plot progression to be a bit fast. It is good to have mysteries and try to keep the interest level high by revealing things little by little but chapters where nothing much happens at all is just...boring. I mean, it's okay if it happens in a weekly manga. I forgive One Piece for doing it at times. But man, to wait for a chapter a whole month and not get some good progression is, well, not good. :<

Gomorrah
June 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mikasa has to survive! She's one of the few endearing characters!

I've been trying to think of a reason why he punched her, but idk o_o not like there's a titan hiding in the roofspace.

ofcourseofcourseofcourse

idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.

danks_
June 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Ah, I see the anime has advanced since the last time I saw it (I think EP. 6), I couldn't handle the pressure got weak and had to read the whole damn manga. Now every time I see the anime it's just like "Yeah... I know that happens. Whoops, not impressed..."

Trust me guys, you can't even imagine how BETTER and crazier it'll get in about 2 episodes from now.

Magic
June 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
ofcourseofcourseofcourse

idk, that sounds like a reasonable observation. Or maybe when he loses control it doesn't just attack titans, it might attack anything. By that I mean it's not like a regular titan and tries to eat humans, but attacks anything with a heartbeat in the surrounding radius, or something like that.

Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?

derozio
June 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM
@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.

@Antemortem & Switfsign - I don't remember it clearly but I think he's just not in control.
People won't get spoiled by this mere sentence so keeping it un-spoiler'd. =p

danks_
June 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM
@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5. Couldn't stop myself from reading as I wanted to know wtf happened with Eren, lol. Really though, patience is rewarding. Try not to read the manga if possible. Just helps you enjoy the anime much more.

Well, I've always been more the manga fan myself ahahaha and yeah, people should wait for the anime. Although I find the manga a lot more mature in terms of language and gore.

Did you read the 4th part of the last chapter? Don't spoil anything for the others, if you did just tell me how your face looked when you finished reading it.

This was mine:

http://s22.postimg.org/3kmvk4y25/1338804262938.jpg?noCache=1371411129

Gomorrah
June 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Maybe but he defended them with his odd half-titan shell in the previous episode?

Seems odd, unless maybe his body is too tired to fight off the titan urges at the moment?

Well yeah, that was just a shell and had very little muscle, only one arm, and no legs so it couldn't really attack anything if it wanted to. XD

Satoshi Ookami
June 17th, 2013, 12:45 AM
@danks_ - Yeah, same here, haha. Except I started reading the manga after watching episode 5.
For me, it was like after episode 2 or 3 :D

Pokedra
June 17th, 2013, 03:06 AM
I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.

Satoshi Ookami
June 18th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I personally prefer the anime's drawing style over the manga. Not to say it isn't good but the anime just has more detail and feels imo less rough.
Well... Production I.G. is one of the best studios there is =)
I like both drawing styles.

Sweets Witch
June 18th, 2013, 10:34 AM

The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.

Gomorrah
June 19th, 2013, 08:26 AM
The coloring in the anime really helps the visuals a lot, although a lot of the titans just look plain silly in both forms. I'm hoping that the anime progresses to a point that'll showcase the 3m class with the gigantic nose that shows up a lot in later chapters of the manga.

Clarification edit: That's not a spoiler. It has absolutely no plot significance whatsoever and just appears in a lot of panels.

I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD

Sweets Witch
June 19th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I love the coloring of the anime, and essentially how vivid everything is. I'm glad it was highly funded since the manga is so popular in Japan, because this franchise deserves the best. I personally love the titan with the shoulder-length green hair and huge brown eyes. I believe they started appearing in Episode 5 and more frequently through the next three or so. It was one that attacked Sasha when she missed in the assault in the supply room. That one is cute. xD

This one?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-YVNwl1vi1qU/UaFftWfvXwI/AAAAAAAAWZc/259iVQO76dI/s1600/Attack+On+Titan+Episode+8+b10.jpg

If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2123d99dcd2e0262d0b86fe59c2aa436/tumblr_mnet5uukPr1qamdgbo1_500.jpg

Gomorrah
June 19th, 2013, 09:54 AM
If so...I don't really have anything to say. Just look at this.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2123d99dcd2e0262d0b86fe59c2aa436/tumblr_mnet5uukPr1qamdgbo1_500.jpg

Literally crying right now looking at this. xD; But yeah, that's the one I was talking about. It's one of the most feminine looking titans I've seen so far and it's somewhat endearing!

derozio
June 21st, 2013, 11:36 PM
Well, she's better than the weird ones we saw in episode 1, at least. :p

Came across a pretty nicely done Gintama + Guren no Yumiya video :D
CbUCNYP7tTo

Satoshi Ookami
June 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM
That opening works with everything xD
I'm not surprised that Gintama has its Eoten OP as well =D

derozio
June 22nd, 2013, 05:44 AM
Well, it's true that it does work with quite a lot of stuff. But the editor him/herself have to be given credit. A random bunch of scenes won't work quite as nicely with it. He made it look really close to the actual thing. :p

Anyway, really, I've stopped watching the anime. **** me for reading the manga. I'll probably only be watching this when they're done with the first season and I get the chance to marathon the whole thing in one or two sittings.

Gomorrah
June 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Episode 12 had very little progression, though I will say I'll be really upset if Jean doesn't make it out alive and Eren continues to sit completely useless, haha.

Lilith
June 22nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
There are so many fan videos using the SnK OP. :P I can't stop listening to the OP. <3

Episode 12 out today, whooo

Slow pacing, yeah. I started feeling a tad upset seeing Jean running from the titan; I don't want him to die. :(

Mikasa was cute when she blushed. xD

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a11f20b55ff5d2c846d55c0c1ee4f45a/tumblr_mothhqIuiD1r0p39zo1_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e55716625ed7c7bcf78706f1b826bd5b/tumblr_mothhqIuiD1r0p39zo2_500.png

Olli
June 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
Hnggg, these episodes are waay too short. Every week I just want more and every week just goes by slower and slower hfdsuifhf. I really hope this anime doesn't do an SAO and start off amazing and just gets progressively more and more boring with each episode, because that was so disappointing. But yeah, loving the anime so far, with how intense and on-edge every episode (nearly :p) feels, and it's just such an interesting and well-done plot. I wouldn't really call it unique, since it can kinda be compared to a lot of zombie movies and such, but unlike with those, I actually find this anime interesting :D

Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!

Gomorrah
June 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Get moving already! They spent a whole episode getting to that boulder, and then a whole episode protecting Eren from the titans. Not getting anywhere! And I'm still curious to what caused titan Eren to attack Mikasa in the first place, since I didn't think he cared about anything other than killing titans >:O But yeah, hoping we'll see some action and some actual progression in the episode, because the last two have been relatively boring (relatively being a key word, since they're still amazing kdfhsfhg). Also I don't get how Eren can't see that Mikasa is madly in love with him :O She's constantly doing everything to protect him, and always wants to be with him. Like, I get why he would think she's just treating him as a little kid, but sheez. Take the hints man!

I AGREE! He's like 'I am not your brother, stop treating me like your actual family.' Yeah, well, no ****, she's like so far in love with you it's not even funny, lmao.

derozio
June 22nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Dunno if I should enclose in spoiler or not. Might just as well.

Too bad Eren's the oblivious kind. He's probably never gonna realize that Mikasa has the hots for him. :p I'm OKAY WITH THAT. CUZ MIKASA IS MINNNEEEE!!!

Altairis
June 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Hnggg, these episodes are waay too short. Every week I just want more and every week just goes by slower and slower hfdsuifhf. I really hope this anime doesn't do an SAO and start off amazing and just gets progressively more and more boring with each episode, because that was so disappointing. But yeah, loving the anime so far, with how intense and on-edge every episode (nearly :p) feels, and it's just such an interesting and well-done plot. I wouldn't really call it unique, since it can kinda be compared to a lot of zombie movies and such, but unlike with those, I actually find this anime interesting :D

This basically =/ I thought it was just me but it seems generally these episodes ARE really slow. I feel like nothing really happened this past episode. If you think about it, if there's only going to be 25 episodes, then we're halfway through.
How are they going to explain Titan Eren, Eren's basement, finish the battle of Trost, and explain Titans sufficiently in another 13 episodes? Maybe 25 episodes just represents one season... but still. :x

derozio
June 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'm pretty darn sure there are going to be more seasons. Something like what Gintama does. They've probably got enough funds right now for more than an 25 episode series. No way they can fit all the stuff left over in the next 13 episodes with the pacing they're going with. Not to forget, the manga itself is ongoing and far from over.

Satoshi Ookami
June 24th, 2013, 01:10 AM
How are they going to explain Titan Eren, Eren's basement, finish the battle of Trost, and explain Titans sufficiently in another 13 episodes? Maybe 25 episodes just represents one season... but still. :x
They won't. The only thing that is actually finished in manga is the battle of Trost.
Even if this had 500 episodes, without it happening in manga, it cannot be explained ;)

Gomorrah
June 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
To those saying it'll run out of material, it will be a sad day, as when the anime hits its ~26th episode, it will have caught with the manga exactly, and since it's only a monthly release manga, it might even strain to go on hiatus while the chapters are every slowly released. That wait time might be huge, too! ;_;

Satoshi Ookami
June 24th, 2013, 11:04 PM
To those saying it'll run out of material, it will be a sad day, as when the anime hits its ~26th episode, it will have caught with the manga exactly, and since it's only a monthly release manga, it might even strain to go on hiatus while the chapters are every slowly released. That wait time might be huge, too! ;_;
You wish ;) At best, anime will catch up with "Female Titan" arc which is roughly 30 or so episodes.

Sweets Witch
June 25th, 2013, 06:15 AM

Nah, it definitely won't catch up. The anime's pacing is surprisingly good. It might slow down or speed up towards the end depending on which story arc they choose to finish the season with, but it definitely won't catch up. There's still plenty of material to make a season 2 out of, plus whatever comes out in between the air dates of the two (which would easily be a year).

thefallendetective
June 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM
SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN I'M SO GLAD I FOUND THIS THREAD! (/^-^)/

I watch the anime and boy does it make my heart throb hard!! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ But the episodes are always so
short. ;A; When you watch and it seems like only ten minutes have passed and then the end credits
start rolling and you're like WHAT ON EARTH JUST HAPPENED WHUT I CAN'T I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY
BUT. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧ /throws sparkles around the room.

HAHAHA I'm really happy that there are other people who love SnK too!! Can I ask what are some ships
you all like?

I recently ship eren x rivialle because of all the fanart I've been seeing on tumblr! <3 They're really too
cute!! (✧◡✧) I'm sorry I'm creepy.

Sweets Witch
June 26th, 2013, 09:12 AM
HAHAHA I'm really happy that there are other people who love SnK too!! Can I ask what are some ships
you all like?

I recently ship eren x rivialle because of all the fanart I've been seeing on tumblr! <3 They're really too
cute!! (✧◡✧) I'm sorry I'm creepy.

It's cool, it's cool. I don't necessarily ship it, but I like seeing fanart of Connie and Sasha goofing around together. That's the closest thing I have to a ship for this series.

Gomorrah
June 26th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Nah, it definitely won't catch up. The anime's pacing is surprisingly good. It might slow down or speed up towards the end depending on which story arc they choose to finish the season with, but it definitely won't catch up. There's still plenty of material to make a season 2 out of, plus whatever comes out in between the air dates of the two (which would easily be a year).

Just to work it out in my head and with someone who likely knows more about how anime works then me... We're at episode thirteen now, and the manga is at, what, forty-six? That means by the time the season reaches the end of its second cour, which should be around episode twenty-six, the manga will have had three chapter updates, which is around three more episodes. If a few month hiatus is taken (perhaps one season [the fall season] is the break time) then only another three chapters would have been released which leaves at least another 20+ episode-worthy material for season two, yes? Just wondering if that's how you figure it.

Satoshi Ookami
June 27th, 2013, 12:26 AM
Just to work it out in my head and with someone who likely knows more about how anime works then me... We're at episode thirteen now, and the manga is at, what, forty-six? That means by the time the season reaches the end of its second cour, which should be around episode twenty-six, the manga will have had three chapter updates, which is around three more episodes. If a few month hiatus is taken (perhaps one season [the fall season] is the break time) then only another three chapters would have been released which leaves at least another 20+ episode-worthy material for season two, yes? Just wondering if that's how you figure it.
Wow, man, how do you count that? o.O
Manga may be at 46 chapters but the important fact is how many chapters were adapted...
Anime is in the middle of chapter 14. Quick counting... 1 episode = 1.1 manga chapters

Sweets Witch
June 27th, 2013, 10:20 AM

Actual spoilers below. I tried to talk around them, but it made everything I said really confusing so I just decided to post a warning.

To be honest, my figuring is far from solid because it relies heavily on the anime's pacing. The best-case scenario is that the anime manages to fit in the Female Titan arc and season 1 ends immediately after that, and the worst-case scenario is if they pull a Magi and pad out the ending with a non-canon arc for whatever reason. In this case that might end up happening if they want to open season 2 with the Female Titan arc. If that happens, then they would probably be able to make a second season with all of the story arcs from the Female Titan arc all the way to where the manga currently is - maybe even a little less if it ended right before the return of the Colossal and Armored classes.

But if they decide to cram in the Female Titan arc - and it would be crammed due to its length and the anime's projected ending falling right in the middle of it - then the latter part of season 2's material would focus on whatever comes out in the next 6-12 months. It'd most likely be a 12-month hiatus to give the manga room to get ahead of the second season's projected ending. Of course, with the movie coming out at some point there's no rush at all for season 2.

Magic
June 29th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone else impatiently waiting for subs to be released? I swear it's later than usual ><.

Neeed! Neeeed!

I don't really mind how much this series covers, as long as it doesn't end abruptly or feel tooooo rushed. Ending in the middle of a manga arc could make for a good cliffhanger.

Satoshi Ookami
June 30th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Anyone else impatiently waiting for subs to be released? I swear it's later than usual ><.

Neeed! Neeeed!

I don't really mind how much this series covers, as long as it doesn't end abruptly or feel tooooo rushed. Ending in the middle of a manga arc could make for a good cliffhanger.
Depends on your preferred subbing group. Commie are releasing pretty quickly ;)
Ending in the middle of arc...? Fans would start complaining for sure.

Magic
June 30th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Depends on your preferred subbing group. Commie are releasing pretty quickly ;)
Ending in the middle of arc...? Fans would start complaining for sure.

I normally check a few websites but none of them had anything before I went to sleep ;-;.

I expect fans will complain either way, ending on a cliffhanger (as long as there is a guaranteed second season) wouldn't be such a bad thing.

It would mean there was lots of debate amongst the anime-only watched about what will happen, and it would probably increase the number of people reading the manga.

I guess this episode was fairly predictable... Eren succeeded, hole is blocked, hurrah. I do wonder how the story will progress from here though - I'm assuming we're not just going to watch them endlessly clearing the next zone before using the exact same tactic to close the hole. :P

Satoshi Ookami
July 1st, 2013, 01:35 AM
Well... anime (or should I say opening? xD) promoted manga very well as sales rapidly increased.
I'm kinda skeptic about second season... if they wanted to adapt more, they could have made this into 52 episodes anime...

Sheep
July 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I started this anime three days ago and am already caught up with the episodes. Sucks that the next one is a flashback episode but.. :( I gives I can watch something else in the meantime. Although the art/animation can be slightly sloppy at times, most of the time it's pretty good. I really like Levi ahdhfgha <3

oofw
July 6th, 2013, 11:10 PM
does it put anyone else off that all the titans have different haircuts ?

thanks for reading my post. my name is oofw but u can call me "woof". this is my first post.

Satoshi Ookami
July 7th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I started this anime three days ago and am already caught up with the episodes. Sucks that the next one is a flashback episode but.. :(
It's a habit for >20 ongoing anime in the last 2 or 3 years that they have recap episode in the middle of airing.
Unless of course they are halted in the middle like Psycho Pass & Robotics;Notes in Winter 2013 =)
And there's no way one episode can do much in this pace =D

Although the art/animation can be slightly sloppy at times, most of the time it's pretty good. I really like Levi ahdhfgha <3
We shouldn't be surprised since it's done by animators collected on twitter =D

Seki
July 12th, 2013, 06:52 PM
It seems that its gonna get a new op and ed.

Jiyuu no Tsubasa by Linked Horizon (the same band who sang the first op) and great escape by cinema staff.

Satoshi Ookami
July 13th, 2013, 02:04 AM

Jiyuu no Tsubasa by Linked Horizon (the same band who sang the first op) and great escape by cinema staff.
Yeah... it was announced about month ago.
Not many anime retains one OP if they are >20 episodes.
I don't think anything beats Guren no Yumiya, though... :D

Gomorrah
July 19th, 2013, 06:44 PM

I personally really like Jiyuu no Tsubasa and its ever changing melodies/rhythms. I wasn't a fan at first, but it's actually really nice, especially set against the new opening sequence.

Magic
July 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
So, Major Hanji is my favourite character now, by a mile.

She's got such a unique view on the situation. From what I can tell, she seems very level headed and potentially (because of her work) she'll be a great supporter of Eren as he tried to control his titan side.

Her crying as she hurt the titan is what does it for me.

Satoshi Ookami
July 21st, 2013, 06:10 AM
Hanji is pretty cool... I'm kinda disappointed that she plays important role only in Female Titan arc... :/

Lilith
July 21st, 2013, 08:47 AM
While I prefer the first OP's music, I like the second OP's scenery. :o

Episode 15.

Recon Corps has its fair share of quirky people. Hanji obsesses over Titans, Rivaille/Levi is neat freak, and Mike smells people. ._.

Hanji! <3 Now I understand why the others got up and left. Poor Eren, sitting through the discussion the entire night and not learning anything new. I think he's handling this rather maturely, or he doesn't have a choice, since from here on out, he may be separated from his friends. :(

One funny moment was when someone said that Hanji shouldn't be screaming in that situation, where she was hurting the Titan. xD

I didn't realize that Levi was so short, like Edward from Fullmetal Alchemist. 8D

Olli
August 4th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Well, just watched the two episodes I missed during my holiday as well as episode 17 last night, and though they didn't really progress much in the story over those three episodes, I really found them to be interesting. I especially like the Recon Corps for being such defined characters, like, they all of such unique interests and personalities, and manage to be hilarious despite the fact that they're supposed to be a serious group :p

But yeah, like I said, not much progression, though that doesn't mean the episodes are bad. We got some new and interesting characters introduced, as well as getting all our favourite characters accepted into the Recon Corps :D I really like how most of them did it, even though it wasn't necessarily what they, or their families, wanted, but because it'd help humanity. Historia definitely looks out of place though :p

I really like Hanji for the fact that she's taking a different approach with the titans. I mean, if they actually study the titans and find out what they actually are, maybe there'd be a better chance that they'd find out how to defeat them. It could be possible that the titans aren't actually in control of what they're doing, or stuff like that :p I also like how she actually grows attached to the titans and at times forget that they're actually dangerous, even though they do nothing but bite at her. Yah she's a crazy maniac. Also, I don't know why, but at times I just really find Levi's blank stares to be hilarious. He'd also pull off a maid outfit perfectly ;)

I'm really curious about the female titan as well. I'm pretty sure they mentioned at some point that titans don't have genders, so it's pretty certain that she's a human transformed into a Titan. I was also pretty confused about what was even happening when Jean was attacking her and Armin started shouting about Eren being crushed until Blade said this:

06:02 blade Anyways I get what Armin was saying now @ best friend
06:02 blade He was talking about Eren dying but that still doesn't make sense
06:03 blade Armin was actively thinking about who could be the female titan
06:03 blade She was looking for eren ya probably
06:03 blade And/or didn't want to crush armin
06:03 blade Either soft or she's in their class
06:04 blade And when Armin said eren was crushed she paused ya

So yeah, I think it'd make sense that she's a human-titan from their class, since that would explain why she didn't just kill Armin, but had no problem killing any of the other Recon Corps members. Probably means Jean would've been safe too. The only candidate I can really think of to be the titan though is Annie, since she was the only member of their class who didn't join the Recon Corps, and they kiiiinda look alike? At least more so than any of the other classmates :p

Really looking forward to the next episode though. They always seem soo short, but it's just because I find a lot of other animes to be boring and dragged out, so yeah :p It better not take a turn like SAO did >:(

Magic
August 11th, 2013, 03:04 AM
It's that time of the week again :p

This episode has been a bit odd - I'm not quite sure what the overall purpose of it was, however I've come to two conclusions.

1) The captain-commander is not someone to trust. His disregard for warnings, and driving everyone in to the forest, makes him out to be fairly hard-headed and stubborn. I have no idea what Levi is about to do, but I doubt it will be a permanent solution to the female titan.

2) The female titan is ridiculously powerful. Amazing dexterity and observation skills - she spots incoming attacks from all directions and counters them immediately. Armin concluded that she must be a human-titan, but if that is the case why is she 'leading' other titans (unless it is mere coincidence). I can't see them defeating the titan without using plenty of tricks - and I guess, then, we'll see if there's a person inside her.

Sheep
August 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Episode 18:

Most of the episode was a bit slow (to me) but nonetheless very enjoyable. What really blew my mind was how wonderfully they animated the ending scene with the female titan running through the forest though.. my mouth almost dropped open when she killed those random scouts trying to stop her. ;x; Ending the episode as Levi fired the sound grenade was especially awesome ee.

Altairis
August 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Guys I was rewatching the series today and in episode 5, before Eren and the others head out to fight in Trost, Eren thinks "I won't die even if I was killed here" and then he basically was (!!) in the titan (!!) he was about to die (!!) and he didn't wow also there's a lot of stuff I understand more like in the beginning especially because I kind of spoiled myself and I know about the female titan and stuff oopsies :x

Sheep
August 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Watched episode 20 with the amazing TwilightBlade, Olli97, and Miss Doronjo! Yay watch party!

Slow episode.. lots of talking, especially in the first part plus the long-ish recap at the beginning. It's clear they're trying to slow down with the pace so they don't catch up to the manga. The female titan's scream was done really well though; very creepy! Loved the way the episode ended too but ghhah poor Gunter. :(

Satoshi Ookami
August 24th, 2013, 11:44 PM
It's clear they're trying to slow down with the pace so they don't catch up to the manga.
Um... even if they were to do a speed run, they wouldn't be able to catch up with manga... =D
It's slow paced because animators decided to do a slow pace... and it makes fans worried about whether the Female Titan arc will actually be finished... :D

Nuke
August 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
My friend keeps telling me to watch this, it actually sounds really interesting based on the synopsis. I'm going to have to try it out.

Sheep
August 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Um... even if they were to do a speed run, they wouldn't be able to catch up with manga... =D
It's slow paced because animators decided to do a slow pace... and it makes fans worried about whether the Female Titan arc will actually be finished... :D

Well, we're on chapter 29 or so right now in the anime and there are 47 total chapters. They animate months in advance so chances are the team has already completed work on all 25 episodes, leaving us off around chapters 34-35 once the season ends.

I just hope the final episode does AoT justice. :'<

And Nuke, definitely do!

Lamp
August 25th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I watched the Anime (I'm waiting for a New Episode to come on) but i never read the Manga... so is the Manga Good?

Satoshi Ookami
August 25th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I watched the Anime (I'm waiting for a New Episode to come on) but i never read the Manga... so is the Manga Good?
Manga is same as anime.
People who read manga just know spoilers... =)
Manga is slow paced as anime... still nothing is known =D

leaving us off around chapters 34-35 once the season ends.
Hopefully =D They could just stop the little quicker tempo and return to slower pace that was throughout the first 15 or so episodes =D

Magic
August 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
The last episodee was alright I suppose.

A bit slow, as Cirno said, but the scream was eerie. I'm also pretty confused as to how this whole spy idea can work... why would someone develop titan-power and then decide to destroy/work against humans. Especially since they're obviously not accepted by the titans either.

Seems like a very broken, disorganised character. I guess I'll find out who it is next week!

Junior Escobar
August 27th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Those attack on titan feels @_@

Anyways, I'm caught up with the manga and pretty excited to see some scenes animated.

They better be making a season two xP

Nauje
August 27th, 2013, 12:54 AM
There's an AoT thread?!!! :DDDD

Last episode was good, but just like Fox said the spy idea doesn't really click with me yet; why would there be a rebel human group when the Titans don't accept them either? It just doesn't make sense to me... ah well, can't wait for next episode.

Junior Escobar
August 27th, 2013, 01:15 AM
There's an AoT thread?!!! :DDDD

Last episode was good, but just like Fox said the spy idea doesn't really click with me yet; why would there be a rebel human group when the Titans don't accept them either? It just doesn't make sense to me... ah well, can't wait for next episode.

.... Perhaps their is a group of human shifting titans, much like Eren. Maybe the "leader" (if their is one) sees the humans that can turn into Titans more evolved than that of regular humans. So the leader is planning to destroy the last of the human race by sending in spies.

I think the "spy" is seeing the humans advancing and learning about titans to quickly, so that's why the spy is trying to back track them as much as possible by doing all this.

The female titan was trying to capture Eren I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), this could probably be because he is much like them but Eren is on the humans side, that would be to much of an advantage over them and against the normal titans for the human race

derozio
September 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
I don't know what is going on in the anime but I'm here to talk about a few things.

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me. Literally. Secondly, there are tons of doujins on snk available on the internet and I read one of them today which had Mikasa saying -
"Ooh, there is a titan between Eren's legs!"

I LOLd. That is all.

Satoshi Ookami
September 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
I don't know what is going on in the anime but I'm here to talk about a few things.

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me. Literally. Secondly, there are tons of doujins on snk available on the internet and I read one of them today which had Mikasa saying -
"Ooh, there is a titan between Eren's legs!"

I LOLd. That is all.
Every anime has lots of doujinshis =)

Junior Escobar
September 4th, 2013, 11:30 PM

First op and ed imo were much better. Especially the ed. First one was so amazingly animated and sung that it was a piece of art to me.

To be fair it's kinda hard to top off the first opening.

I never listen to endings so idk if it's better or not :I

Gomorrah
September 5th, 2013, 07:47 PM
SO CHAPTER 49 LEAKED omQ (http://imgur.com/a/JqMdX#8laJ6w8)

My thoughts as I read: ERWIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING
who just got eaten
ERWIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING v2.0
Bert are you dead or alive I can't tell
Christa lol
TITAN THAT ATE EREN'S MUM MIKASAAAAA

damn it

freaking out right now.

Lilith
September 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Episode 22 just showed how this series could be even more gruesome...

PETRA
PETRA'S FATHER
THE CORPSES BEING ROLLED OFF THE BACK OF THE CART TO ESCAPE THE TITANS

And the townsfolk not happy with how many were injured/lost in this failed expedition. :(

Magic
September 8th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Episode 22 just showed how this series could be even more gruesome...

PETRA
PETRA'S FATHER
THE CORPSES BEING ROLLED OFF THE BACK OF THE CART TO ESCAPE THE TITANS

And the townsfolk not happy with how many were injured/lost in this failed expedition. :(

Petra's Father... oh god. The last minute or so was great, just to show the variety of opinions on the Survey Corps. They're both revered and loathed, they do a job that only ever seems to bring death, and no rewards.

Showcasing Levi's skills, very briefly, was cool. It was good to establish him as skilled, especially since the last few episodes he just looked glum whilst riding a horse. I think they should have pushed the emotion further, when it came to the stupid blond guy who went back for his friend. Because of him, Levi lost Petra's corpse (with the others) as well as killing another member of the team.

I kind of expected Levi to just abandon him in the field and let the titans have him.

Is that the end of the Female Titan for now? It's frustrating that we basically had five episodes that gained zero progress - still know nothing about her, nothing about Eren's powers, etc.

Dammit :/ I got too curious and accidentally read Manga spoilers. Kill me now.

Nauje
September 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Dammit :/ I got too curious and accidentally read Manga spoilers. Kill me now.

I never read the comments on anime streaming websites just because of that exact reason aha

Yeah the scene with Petra's dad was definitely well done. It was just so... sad. Very well done.

And also the scene with the boy gleaming at the Recon Corps was interstingly dealt with as well imo. Eren's reaction to him couldn't have been done better.

I have a feeling the Female Titan is Annie Leonhardt, ever since I first saw it I've always thought the Titan looked like her. Plus she joined the Military Police, didn't she? So maybe there is some kind of conspiracy theory there. hmm

Chikara
September 8th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Episode 22 spoilers~

I loved the fact that for the first time ever, the anime did something differently from the manga. The whole thing about the dude and his dead friend never happened in the anime. Same with with the Recon corps were returning to the city. Petra's dad talked to Levi in the anime, but you didn't get to see the rest of their families.

I was also super impressed with the animation this go round. The part where Levi was kicking the female Titan's butt was animated reeeeeeeeally well *_*

Aaand spoilers for chapter 49 :3c

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THAT TITAN IS THE TITAN THAT KILLED ERENS MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Junior Escobar
September 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM
You know something guys... Levi didn't actually get Ivan's crest back for his friend. He lied to the guy and gave him the one from Petra's uniform just to comfort him.

Feels.

Orifiel
September 10th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Oh, how I love SNK. The plot and everything, very amazing.
I've never watched a great anime like SNK. I've been planning
to read it on manga but I just wanna watch it instead. Pretty
sure there will be a new season since the whole story won't be finish
in just 25 episodes, the current episode (which is 23) is that I've
been also waiting for, In Japan it's fast a release.

Eulu
September 10th, 2013, 11:09 AM
So I got curious about the show from all of the Tumblr posts and started watching a couple episodes last Sunday to see what it was all about. I thought it was going to be some superrandomomg show with goofy giants running around everywhere, but I was sooo pleasantly surprised. I ended up watching all of the episodes in one day, and I love it. I haven't watched an anime series in maybe six or seven years, but by the third episode I was hooked. This show is so good like woah

And I also hate it. As soon as I start to like a character they die, what is this
I'd read the manga, but I'm worried it'll ruin my anticipation for upcoming episodes if I already vaguely know what's going to happen next. :I

Lilith
September 28th, 2013, 09:55 PM
The season finale aired today.

Anyone else a little underwhelmed about the finale? I know a season 2 will happen though, and that wait is going to kill me unless I dive into the manga. XD It ended pretty safely, with Annie being captured. I didn't imagine her crystallizing herself, though. That Female Titan arc took like 8 episodes and still little progress. :( It's still frightening how there could be more human-titans in hiding within the walls. Amazing series overall. I haven't felt so strongly about an anime since Fullmetal Alchemist or Madoka.

Satoshi Ookami
September 28th, 2013, 10:44 PM
And Female Titan arc is the last arc where something happens and is relatively fast progressing =D
As for the second season... we all know that it's gonna happen and seiyuus are totally into in but the production did not confirm anything yet.

Darkwing Ducklett
September 28th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I...didn't really care for this anime, to be honest. I like the concept, I love the Titan designs - they're extremely disturbing even without the devouring humans aspect, and it's nice to see something creepy for a change - and there is more than enough intrigue in it to keep me interested. But it's intrigue born of lack of information, rather than tantalizing hints and real mystery. This anime had real issues with pacing, although with the manga still going, I can see why, so in part I can forgive it, but I have to ask - why did they make this anime now? Surely it would have been better to wait a year or so until more of the manga had been released, or until it had almost finished, so they can do a better job of adapting it into an anime?

I can't see myself really appreciating this anime until they release a second season and start pushing ahead with the plot, though. It felt like a whole lot of nothing a lot of the time to me and, as interested as I am to see where they're going to take it, I feel like I've wasted my time watching 25 episodes of filler and unresolved plot points that are going to take years to resolve, especially since a second season is just a fairly safe assumption at the moment, rather than a tangible reality.

Magic
September 29th, 2013, 03:44 AM
I didn't even realise this episode was the finale. It felt very drawn out.

And really they learnt absolutely nothing during the female titan arc, other than Eren isn't special.

CeeëX
September 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I already can't wait for the 2nd season!

Junior Escobar
September 29th, 2013, 05:22 PM
" Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) thatEast Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.
"

Satoshi Ookami
September 29th, 2013, 10:47 PM
" Attack on Titan creator Hajime Isayama revealed that he aims to complete his manga in 20 book volumes. Isayama mentioned this during a discussion with fellow manga creator Hiroki Endo (All-Rounder Meguru, Eden - It's an Endless World!) thatEast Press published in the November issue of the martial arts magazine Gong Kakutogi on Monday.Isayama is a well-known fan of martial arts, and Endo's All-Rounder Meguru manga deals with the world of amateur mixed martial arts. Endo discussed the homage he made in the manga to a certain famous match, while Isayama talked about depicting fights in his own manga.Kodansha published the 11th volume of Attack on Titan in Japan last month, and the series has now sold over 20 million copies. Kodansha Comics is publishing the seventh volume in the United States this month.
"
ANN link would be more efficient.

I didn't even realise this episode was the finale. It felt very drawn out.

And really they learnt absolutely nothing during the female titan arc, other than Eren isn't special.
They did learn... in manga... anime beautifully cut the most important part of Female Titan arc just to make a illusion of ending.

Gomorrah
October 2nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
They did learn... in manga... anime beautifully cut the most important part of Female Titan arc just to make a illusion of ending. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B]

This is true. Literally the most important parts of the arc were cut out, since they were post-Annie's endgame, and thus it seemed like they learned nothing. However, Erwin did foreshadow to everything that they plan on doing next season and what they actually did learn/will soon learn with his line, "It's our turn to strike" or whatever he said. I don't remember now, ha. That said, I wasn't impressed with the finale, but it was done alright, save for the needless changes, and the reference to

Erwin losing his arm in Chapter 49 was flawless.

Fading Tree
October 6th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I'm a little late to the party but hot damn!
I've just completed episode 13 of the anime. It has me hooked,
It is rare that a show captivates me. The last ones were Neon Genesis Evangelion, Gantz, and Avatar: The Last Air Bender. After 8 long years finally an awesome anime series has been created! It is flawless the way the story is put together, and how the characters interact with one another.
Now excuse me as I go look for the English song that played in episode 13.

Altairis
October 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Yay, another fan! Also, I can probably guess that the song was The Reluctant Heroes or DOA, if you search either of those on youtube with "shingeki no kyojin" attached, you'll get results. I'm pretty sure those are the two English songs within the soundtrack, and I've been listening to them too, they're pretty good/catchy, even if the lyrics are kind of off-sounding, haha. :3

Fading Tree
October 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Where does the manga pick up?
I was excited to watch humans destroy the titans. The force those monsters have is incredible.
I'm not a fan of Eren becoming a Titan, but the show is still tight, and I'm looking to read the manga soon.

Altairis
October 9th, 2013, 08:16 PM
The anime didn't actually catch up to the manga! The manga publishes once a month, and they only got to Chapter 33, when I believe they had at least 40 out when the anime started. I can't remember exactly, but I remember seeing a note at the bottom of the chapter cover saying something like, "Anime to air in April 2013!" and it was pretty far after the anime ended, so it was kinda odd to see, haha.

Satoshi Ookami
October 9th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Where does the manga pick up?
It's best to check Baka Updates for these questions first ;)
It's chapter 35 but I STRONGLY advise to read chapters 32-34 as anime edited the end of Female Titan arc so it more looked like actual ending.

Gomorrah
October 10th, 2013, 03:57 AM
That said, surprisingly enough it didn't end it all that abruptly. There were minor things that were made a little extravagant, like Erwin's speech, but that's mainly for foreshadowing purposes and to leave us with the biggest cliffhanger of all. :P

On that note, did anyone read Chapter 50?

Hannes dying strung my heartstrings, that's all I can say. ; _ ;

Fading Tree
October 10th, 2013, 08:30 AM
That said, surprisingly enough it didn't end it all that abruptly. There were minor things that were made a little extravagant, like Erwin's speech, but that's mainly for foreshadowing purposes and to leave us with the biggest cliffhanger of all. :P

Only for those that read chapter 50 or don't mind spoilers
Hannes! <3 Yummy. I apologize for thinking he was a girl when I first met him. I was like super-desu Kawaiiiiii (my fake weeabou self.) Hannes is an interesting character than gave both insight, and comic relief (in a good way). His view on the situation was different. Titans arent so mindless, but they truly are after one thing. Antemortem do they explain Annie or even get to Wall Maria by chapter 50? (Yes or No.) ...not looking for too many spoilers.

Sheep
October 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM

I did! I wanted to cry; it was just too much for me to handle. ;~; Very eventful chapter but I almost got lost with all that was going on.. though Hannes' death tugs at my heartstrings and I'm almost dreading the next chapter because of that.

Altairis
October 10th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Chapter 50 spoilers!
What did you guys think of the smiling titan? The one that ate Hannes and Eren's mom? Why do you think it got eaten by the other titans? I've been thinking and I noticed that it's actually acted different than the others when eating - remember how it killed Eren's mom? Armin said that the difference between the titan shifters and the regular titans was that "The titans' main goal is to eat us, they just kill us in the process. The Female Titan killed to kill." (something of that sort) But the titan killed Eren's mom before eating her, don't you think that's a little odd? It's not like how the other titans would kill the others by squashing them or something like that - that was just to get them to stop moving, but Eren's mom was already incapacitated - why didn't it just eat her, instead of killing her first? I don't think that it has/had the intelligence of a titan shifter, but its behavior was different than the others. Also, I could be reading into this too much o.e

Nauje
October 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Was on YouTube and Node just released a video of them playing an Attack on Titan game developed by a Chinese indie company! The game is browser-based and it's awesome though I'm terrible at it aha. There seems to be no online option, only either single-player or LAN mode.

Here's a link to the game:
http://fenglee.com/game/aog/