PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: PokéCommunity Get-Together 10: Pick a date!

Forever
May 11th, 2013, 01:07 AM
As staff, we've collectively decided that July is the best time for this year's Get Together. However, we need to decide on a date! Vote in the poll above to choose which weekend you'll be around the most. We don't have a total length of the Get Together set yet, however just vote for as many weekends that you can attend the GT, so we can have maximum participation. This poll will go until the end of the month when the next stages to the GT will go ahead. :)

(Also technically it's the 10th because the Holiday Hop wasn't actually a Get Together as per the official title.)

Also, this GT will be held on the forum. It will involve nobody meeting up in real life.

THE POLL IS MULTIPLE CHOICE SO YOU CAN VOTE AS MANY WEEKENDS AS YOU'LL BE HERE.

Aryan143
May 12th, 2013, 04:20 AM
Instead of July, can you make it late June please? That's because many members will have their Summer Holidays at the time.

Forever
May 12th, 2013, 05:11 AM
We've agreed July would be the best time, unfortunately, and if it's in June we have way less planning time :( Also the majority of Australian, and Northern Hemisphere members have it in July for the most part, too.

Tsutarja
May 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
I'm glad to see it in July again, unlike last year (although I know it was around PC's 10th anniversary last year). I may be wrong in the future, but I should be available on all of those days listed (even August). :)

Kura
May 12th, 2013, 05:37 AM
Hmm.. how long will this poll be open for?
I'm doing something special on the first weekend of July, but my cousin was also saying she wanted to visit me in the summer so I don't want to place my vote just yet..

Oryx
May 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM
The top of the poll says that it closes June 1st. So you have plenty of time :) I'm not sure if I'd be free that first weekend or the last one so I just didn't select them when I voted.

awolfsquared
May 12th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I really have no idea if I will have plan one any of those weeks, but July works great. I probably don't have any plans, but I voted for everything but July 5th- July 8th. I could be having some plans that weeks and probably won't be available everyday. But besides that any week in July's fine and even the week in August works unless that will be the week my little brother leaves for college.

Arx
May 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Personally, as long as it's held after June 21st, I have no problem attending every single day of it.

Team Fail
May 12th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure about any of them, due to my work schedule, so I'm not going to place a vote for that reason, but whatever days are chosen, I'd be more than happy to participate.

Yusshin
May 12th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I voted for all of 'em, but I'm not sure what really occurs during these Get Togethers? The title made me think r/l but the topic says otherwise.

Do we all just sit around and chat in the PC Chatroom or something?

Astinus
May 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM
There are various events that take place all across PC, like trivia contests, creative contests, movie nights, Skype chats, anything that a person can think of to do on the forum. They're a wide variety of activities meant to bring PC's member base closer together and to bring more activity to the forum.

So there might be an event where people hang out in PC's chatroom, but that's not the only fun activity planned for the weekend!

Also I haven't voted yet because I'm not sure when the BIG SALE is for my store, and I want to make sure of that before I commit to anything!

The Dark Avenger
May 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah, August is in last!

School preparations begin then, so any time in July is good for me.

I hope everyone gets a chance to partake, even if they are limited to time.

Honest
May 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I voted all, but I'm not 100% sure about August. Also, I'm pretty sure Ramadan starts sometime within late July. Shouldn't really affect me, but I might die from thirst or something (y).

tldr; Anytime should be good!

Hikamaru
May 12th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I'm happy with any of the dates, because I'm available most of the time and I don't have any big festivities to worry about.

Yusshin
May 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
There are various events that take place all across PC, like trivia contests, creative contests, movie nights, Skype chats, anything that a person can think of to do on the forum. They're a wide variety of activities meant to bring PC's member base closer together and to bring more activity to the forum.

So there might be an event where people hang out in PC's chatroom, but that's not the only fun activity planned for the weekend!

Also I haven't voted yet because I'm not sure when the BIG SALE is for my store, and I want to make sure of that before I commit to anything!

OK, so is this "Get together" a Skype thing, an MSN thing, a PC Chat thing; where does it take place is what I'm asking, really :P

donavannj
May 12th, 2013, 06:03 PM
It takes place all over the forum.

It's an online gathering primarily based in a forum dedicated to the Get Together.

Giant Magikarp
May 12th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Well, I'm going no matter what...

Alice
May 12th, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'll hopefully be in LA at anime expo, a few baseballs games, and disney land on the 5th-8th... so I'll definitely be too busy that weekend. Otherwise I'm free any time in July after that.

Nakala Pri
May 12th, 2013, 11:59 PM
lolwut? Sooo confused. Is this to meet people or to get cybered...?

WooliestSteam
May 13th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I voted for all of them. I'll most likely be available during all of July. The only day I probably won't be around is on the 16th it's my brothers birthday.

This is my first year of PC and my first time of this Get Together. It definitely sounds pretty kewl. :)

Forever
May 13th, 2013, 12:45 AM
lolwut? Sooo confused. Is this to meet people or to get cybered...?

It's just an online get together :3 Basically there's just events in one specific forum which are all sorts of things, a skype chat, pixel art contest, etc. It's all just to have fun and bring people together - nobody is getting cybered. :x

Shayminlover123
May 13th, 2013, 01:26 AM
I voted for all of them. I have plenty of time.

Synerjee
May 13th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I'm afraid I can't commit to a date and vote as I'm unfortunately not as free as I was the last couple'a months, but I'll try my hardest to make it on whatever date that is being chosen! Also, July's 2 months from now, and I don't know what'll happen and what'll come up in two months that may make my vote false. My very first PC Get-Together can't be missed at all costs! (..unless unforeseen circumstances come along. That would just be extremely disappointing. ._.)

Zorogami
May 13th, 2013, 01:36 AM
I'll probably have time on all of those weekends, but i voted for the first 2 in case i go on vacation or something.
First time i hear about this kind of event, I'm super excited :D ^^

Feraligatr13
May 13th, 2013, 03:10 AM
I'm afraid to vote now, because I have certain events this summer in which I couldn't come, but I'll vote on it when I get more information.

Blade_of_darkness
May 13th, 2013, 06:02 AM
It's highly unlikely that I'll attend this get-together, as I have plans for this whole summer. That, & I'm not a fan of get-togethers of any kind, online or otherwise.

Meganium
May 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I'm up for any weekend In July. I'm free all month., so its perfect timing.

TrainerKristian
May 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Ahh dang... I've planned a vacation during almost whole july...

Dreg
May 13th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I can attend at almost all of the dates above, but August 2nd-5th is currently unknown yet. I'll let you know in due time if anything will happen then, or not.

Nakala Pri
May 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM
It's just an online get together :3 Basically there's just events in one specific forum which are all sorts of things, a skype chat, pixel art contest, etc. It's all just to have fun and bring people together - nobody is getting cybered. :x

I see. I can't use Skype or anything like that, but I would be happy for messages just left on my page or something. I am not available on MySpace or FaceBook, because I am too young and that is a place for grody old men to find out more about you, then find your address and arrive at your door with a sick smirk. Sorry if I sound obnoxious! :meow:

Koishi Komeiji
May 14th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Well, I think I might be up for it until the 15th, since school holidays. I'll double check soon enough, and maybe might either post another reply, or edit this.

FIKRI 29
May 14th, 2013, 02:24 AM
I like 12th july
because my friend birthday

Zaizen
May 14th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Woah ah get together :D hehehe I would love to join in but I might be busy in July :(

BlueEon
May 14th, 2013, 03:23 AM
This is my first getogether, (I guess...?) Anyways My exams end at 3rd June, So I have no objection to this. I'll be here most of the time. (Hopefully...:()

rebelxgirl
May 14th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I won't be available July 6-13th because I'll be out of town & I'm not sure what kind of wifi access ill have. This will be the first event since I've been here so this should be interesting.

Xander Olivieri
May 14th, 2013, 02:24 PM
I work more in the summer than I do now. I won't be able to attend most of the dates so I'll miss this GT as well. Only times that are ever good for me are while children are in school since I have less work to do then. Summer and winter are horrible seasons to plan for for me.

AdmiralMcmuffin
May 15th, 2013, 04:57 AM
Any one of those dates are fine for me :) I'll be hosting an Xbox live game day for that occasion. GT: Sniperdude213

Sweets Witch
May 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Wooo, scheduling.

I plan on going on a vacation with my daughter for about a week in July, although I still haven't decided where or exactly when. Because I love this site so much, I'll mark off the weekend that's agreed upon and argue ahead of time so I can get my daughter for the get-together weekend as well. We'll join whatever Skype parties there are.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
May 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM
What is this all about the first post did not explain it clear enough for me

Astinus
May 16th, 2013, 06:51 PM
The Get-Together is a forum-wide event. There are various activities that take place on and off PC for the length of a weekend. Some of these events are specific to sections on PC (like writing challenges, Pokemon trivia challenges, art challenges) while others are for people to enjoy in general (movie watch-alongs, collective Skype calls). It's just a giant event that takes place every once in a while to bring the "community" of PokeCommunity together.

A lot of events take place on PC itself, so nobody really has to go to another site to enjoy the Get-Together, if that's a worry.

Moist
May 17th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Um...What is the Pokecommunity Get Together? xD

Forever
May 17th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Um...What is the Pokecommunity Get Together? xD

It's described in the post just before you :3

(Right Here! (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7664810&postcount=40))

Foxrally
May 17th, 2013, 08:02 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lja4r1C42G1qg03nz.png

You bet your noodles Imma show up!

Eeveelution Co-ordinator
May 19th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I can't gurantee any date, seeing how I may be moving in July-ish time and may have plans coming up in the next few weeks :( .

Seth Rollins
May 19th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Wooooo im able every date except August since school :/ even tho its a weekend there may be some tests :( SO JULYYY

Blue
May 19th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I'm sure I'll have some free time in the middle of July, I'd love to get involved too!

Krazzikk
May 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Voted. I can't wait! :ooooooooo :t173:

Hopefully I can host an Online Games event again and actually have more than 3 people show up xD

Twiggy
May 20th, 2013, 06:13 AM
I should be there in almost every weekend there, as I'm quite the person that has the schedule free, so feel free to fire away with requests for help.

Now, I wonder about what we'll be getting this time around...

Altairis
May 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
There's a very slight chance I could make it to July 5-8, but the only times I'd probably be able to be here are on the August dates. Guess I'll just have to sit this one out. =/

Creame
May 20th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I will be available during whole of July as far as I know just yet!
Might change 'cause we didn't book a holiday yet!

Konekodemon
May 24th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Not meeting in real life. How come? It would be fun to set up a area somewhere for a cosplay event you know. We could do a Pokemon cosplay, hehe.

Kura
May 24th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Not meeting in real life. How come? It would be fun to set up a area somewhere for a cosplay event you know. We could do a Pokemon cosplay, hehe.

Tried this last year but apparently pokecommunity doesn't want to be liable for anything that happens to people because of the site IRL.

I met up with friends from here anyways IRL.. so I'm pretty sure you're always welcome to do that on your own, just not using the Get Together or anything.

Renegade
May 27th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I think a ROM hacking section would be a nice addition to the get-together. That way people can get help with what they are working on and others can discuss what they are creating :)

Honest
May 27th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Just because PC doesn't want to be responsible for what can happen doesn't mean you can hold a PC meetup on the black market!

Hint hint @ Janna, Jo, and Nick.

LORD ANTE
May 27th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I think a ROM hacking section would be a nice addition to the get-together. That way people can get help with what they are working on and others can discuss what they are creating :)

I think that'd be cool! Perhaps during the course of the Get-Together, teams of hackers could get together and make a game from scratch within the duration of the Get-Together and there could be a team of judges to judge the final creations? I think a ROM Hack-Off would be pretty chill. 8]

Belldandy
May 27th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I've already voted in my other account, so not going to double-vote, but a real in-life get-together would be neat. I might do something in July after my dental consultation in Barrie with Miss Doronjo.

Otherwise, as it stands now, I'm still available all these dates, but might be limited since I always work weekends (retail...)

JalordaSerpent
May 28th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I voted the 2 options before July 19th, because I have Marching Band Camp starting on July 19th. :P But, even if it doesn't occur before the 19th, it will be fine, because its good to know that all of you will be attending and having fun. :)

Fujiko
June 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
I don't think I could make it to a RL getty without asking for time off much in advance but over the internet it sounds very fun c:

Is everyone allowed to participate?

Hikamaru
June 2nd, 2013, 08:58 PM
I don't think I could make it to a RL getty without asking for time off much in advance but over the internet it sounds very fun c:

Is everyone allowed to participate?

Yes every member is allowed to participate cos we don't want anyone feeling left out. And besides, the events are really fun since they might sometimes give out prizes as well like PC Supporter tiers and the obvious emblems.

Limerent
June 2nd, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yes every member is allowed to participate cos we don't want anyone feeling left out. And besides, the events are really fun since they might sometimes give out prizes as well like PC Supporter tiers and the obvious emblems.

What do you do at an internet party anyway? I've only been to a real life one once and it was not so much fun -_- But I hope this will be a fun way to spend my weekend! ^.^

tabor62
June 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM
We just do stuff together, trade, battle, play games, do... er... Pokemon stuff, and etc. o 3o

curiousnathan
June 4th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Just wondering if a date has been decided on yet?

ANARCHit3cht
June 5th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Tried this last year but apparently pokecommunity doesn't want to be liable for anything that happens to people because of the site IRL.

I met up with friends from here anyways IRL.. so I'm pretty sure you're always welcome to do that on your own, just not using the Get Together or anything.

Just because PC doesn't want to be responsible for what can happen doesn't mean you can hold a PC meetup on the black market!

Hint hint @ Janna, Jo, and Nick.

Just saying, I can't see any situation arising where PC would have liability for what happened to the people who met up. First of all, I doubt anything would even happen. Secondly, if it did, it would be like someone twisting their ankle meeting the person from PC, not the person from PC turning out to be some crazy murderer. I have been a member to many other forums that encouraged such things, and they were not at fault when things went awry.

Zhuq
June 6th, 2013, 11:37 PM
I can attend every one of them, unless I go to another country