PDA

View Full Version : Summer 2013 Anime Lineup

antemortem
May 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
The Summer 2013 Anime chart (http://i.imgur.com/MwNoAnf.jpg) was released a couple of weeks ago. There's a load of new anime being released in the upcoming two months, and an equal amount being renewed for second seasons, such as Symphogear and High School DxD. What do you think of the lineup? Are there any new anime that pique your interest, or perhaps some old favorites of yours returning? What, overall, will you be watching this summer?

Sweets Witch
May 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Woooo! Thank you so much for posting this. I didn't know that it was compiled yet.

Monogatari and Dangan Ronpa are the only two that I'm definitely watching because I'm way too emotionally invested in the source materials to not watch. I read what Baka-Tsuki has of Hanamonogatari and coerced my friend into translating a couple of additional chapters for a few assignments for his Japanese class, and that's the part that I'm really excited for. With Dangan Ronpa I just really want to see a couple of the executions animated because they're pretty brutal.

Other than that, there's nothing that I'm super excited for. Might watch Ro-Kyu-Bu just because I watched season 1, and maybe I'll watch season 2 of Milky Holmes so I can watch season 3 as it comes out. An hour a week watching cute girls do cute things is nothing.

Oryx
May 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Definitely Watching:
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Ilya - I love Fate/Stay Night, and I love Ilya in it. Can't wait to see what she gets up to in this.
Genshiken 2 - The original Genshiken was so much like my life when I first got into college that I was addicted.
Choujigen Game Neptune - I never played the original game but I always thought it was a cute concept and interesting and am really interested to see how the anime plays out.

Considering:
Danganropa: The Animation - I thought this looked pretty interesting, but...a bear?
Brothers Conflict - this is a big "maybe", probably depending on the first episode/the art in general. If it's anything like the cousin line in Snow Sakura then immediate drop, haha.

DavidtheDeadPhilosopher
May 14th, 2013, 08:08 PM
I don't keep up with current anime at all...but I will admit that Danganranpa and Sunday Without God both looked really interesting and I may check them out :)

Seki
May 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Might be planning of watching Gin no Saji to continue my streak of watching anime of this genre. What's more, its by Hiromu Arakawa, who also is the author of FMA, which many people say its good, but I haven't watched yet.

DrFuji
May 15th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Is it just me or are there more cute girls doing cute things than usual? It looks like its going to a somewhat disappointing season for me when compared to the mountain of shows I'm watching right now. The only things I'm planning to watch are Rozen Maiden 3, Mongatari and Fate/kaleid liner Prisim Ilya. As for the rest, there either isn't enough information to make a decision or it just seems... Ehh.

I'm hoping something will come out of nowhere and surprise me like Hataraku Maou-sama did this season :P

Satoshi Ookami
May 15th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Danganropa: The Animation - I thought this looked pretty interesting, but...a bear?
Play the game and then play Virtue's Last Reward ;) You will understand that animal antagonists are the worst you can encounter ;)

Kinda old chart... not even KamiNomi 3 is there... :/

Besides KamiNomi 3, Bakemono 2 (Oh yeah, SHAFT has to earn some money xD) and Danganroppa, I'll go for Kami-sama no Child Abuse, Blood Lad and second seasons of those anime I'll finish watching before the season starts.

abarai
May 15th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Snor(es)lax made a good case , since i love FMA i will check out Gin no Saji, will watch a few episodes and see what it is like. Danganranpa sounds somewhat.. interesting? and Monogatari s2 i will most likely check out if i can get around to finishing the first season xD. But not much on the list i am interested in and nothing i am hyped for. Unless there is some others on the updated list it looks like a very average season.

Apricots
May 15th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Now that the new Sailor Moon has been delayed, I have nothing I'm looking forward to. ;n;

Esper
May 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Now that the new Sailor Moon has been delayed, I have nothing I'm looking forward to. ;n;
Yeah, that's kind of my response, too. I don't watch a lot of anime, but whenever someone here posts one of those big image files of upcoming shows I take a look just to see the state of things, but I'll also echo what DrFuji said and say it looks like a lot of 'cute girls going cute things' and that's not my thing. At least not enough to give any of them a try in the hopes that they'll be good. I'll just go back a year or two and see what shows from them managed to come through with a good reputation.

antemortem
May 15th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I'm pretty for-sure on Blood Lad, Fate/kaleid liner, Free!, and, if I want another slice of life at any point, Gin no Saji. If I go with two, so I don't die over trying to keep up with too many anime at once like usual, it'll be Blood Lad and Free!, for sure. Everything else'll be put on the backburner.

Magic
May 18th, 2013, 07:58 AM
The only one of these that sounds kind of interesting to me is Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi.

I'll probably watch Fate/ too, but I have a feeling it'll be too cutesy :/ shame, since I loved the previous two seasons.

Arc
May 18th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Prepared to watch:

Highschool DxD New: I'm definitely watching this as I'm a huge fan of the series, having been fully caught up with the light novels, so I'm just watching it for certain scenes to be animated. plus breasts.

Hyperdimension Neptunia: I'm a big supporter of the series having played all of the games, so definitely watching this. But I heard this was supposed to have an original story, so I'm going into the anime with knowing next to nothing about the plot.

Fate/kaleid: I read the manga, and I was mildly amused from it. So, I'm just watching this for animated scenes and Ilya.

Considering:

Kimi no Iru Machi: I've read some of the manga, and that was a snooze-fest. So I fear watching this anime might bore me to death.

Blood Lad: Looks interesting, and some of the character designs look pretty amusing. But I'm going to need to watch the first episode to really solidify a reason for me to follow this anime.

Weeaboo Name
May 18th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Basketball lolis is going to be aots.

miss A
May 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
I'm planning on watching Free!, Fate, and Blood Lad. I might give Highschool DXD's second season and Dangan Ronpa a try. Not too sure about the others, though. I still need to finish the first seasons of Tamayura, Ro-Kyu-Bu, and Symphogear. And I also need to finish the second season of Milky Holmes.

Sweets Witch
May 19th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Oh snap. That list was updated on May 1st, and on May 2nd it was announced that the WataMote anime will be airing in July (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-02/watamote-anime-to-premiere-on-tv-in-july). This one's falling into my Definitely Will Watch list because I really enjoy the manga.

Nuke
May 19th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I might watch Highschool DxD I actually ended up enjoying the storyline after watching an episode to see if it was as bad as people made out. I mean it is that bad, but I appear to have been gripped regardless.

I'm not exactly anime obsessed so I suspect I'll only watch any of those shows if they blow up hugely popularity wise.

Patchisou Yutohru
May 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I don't watch a lot of anime (I probably watch three, maybe four a year?), but from the descriptions, I'm sorta interested in watching Blood Lad and Go-Home Activity Records. Hakkenden looks good too, but I haven't seen season 1, so I might start watching that.

Rai
May 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Too... much... anime! @.@

I already have a huge list of anime that I am going to watch. All of the anime on the list looks interesting and I will probably check out most of them at some point or another. Out of all of them, Fantasista Dolls looks like the one I would be most likely to watch.

TwilightBlade
May 23rd, 2013, 05:05 PM
I'd love to follow Monogatari Series: Second Season and Rozen Maiden S3, as I am familiar with these series and have enjoyed them so far. I'd like to watch Free because of all the hype surrounding it. The guys look amazing, haha. Oh oh, I'm also very excited for Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon) since I love FMA too.

I'm considering watching Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (The Sunday Without God) after seeing the preview. The rest is fair game, but I can't watch everything; I may be quite satisfied with just watching the handful of series I've mentioned above.