PDA

View Full Version : Hey

Profen
May 19th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Hello, I go by Profen for most online stuff, though sometimes IvyProfen when I feel like it. I'm sure some of you will be able to figure out where it came from.

Anyway, I have been always sort of been into pokemon. Though for some reason i skipped 3rd gen completely. Got back into it during college with Pearl. I tend to put way too much time into pokemon games, idk how it happens but they usually get to the 600+ hours before the next gen comes out. Currently playing B2. I play somewhat competitively, though I don't follow metagame all that much.

I have also recently started playing the TCG again, due to my roommate. Though i don't like how much money i spent on it. lol.

I don't know how active i will be from work and other stuff. But i'll probably post around tcg and game stuff every now and then.

So yeah.

Hikamaru
May 19th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Hello Profen, and welcome to the PokeCommunity!

I understand if you haven't played all the Pokemon games, some people think they're too old for Pokemon at a certain point but then they realize they missed the awesome new features that came with that generation. I have been a fan since I was really young, but it wasn't until I was 11 that I actually first played a Pokemon game.

And yeah we do have a TCG section, located right here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14). You can get your decks priced and reviewed, and also discuss the TCG in general. Nice to see you're also playing Black 2, it's a pretty awesome game I have to admit. I'm playing mine for a bit until X & Y come out, but feel free to stop by the Fifth Generation Gaming (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200) section where you can find some neat B2/W2 topics.

I hope to see you around the forums, and if you ever need help contact Cirno or another staff member and they'll be glad to assist you. Have fun Profen!

- Hikari10

awolfsquared
May 19th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Hey there Profen and welcome to PC!

We all go through that slump of not playing Pokemon don't we? I know I had moments where I couldn't play cause of not having the current system for the newer games. Such as when Ruby and Sapphire first came out, I didn't have a GBA to play them on. It wasn't till 2004 when I bought one and my first gen III game was FireRed. Then when Diamond and Pearl came out, I didn't have a DS. Still I got them for Christmas in 2008 and would play on my brother's DS. It wasn't till 2010 when I'd get a DS of my own. It's not exactly the same, but I still can feel you. I understand though, there's many others who've been in your shoes.I'm playing Black 2 myself! I'm not very far cause I've been focusing on other stuff, but I love the games so far. They may be my 2nd favorite or even top favorite Pokemon games. Gen V has really impressed me with the excellent games and pretty cool Pokemon.

Just getting into the TGC I see. I'm sort of too myself. I'm not as into it as I used to be, but I still buys packs of cards every now and then. I haven't played the actually game in ages though, now I kind of just buy the cards for the art. XD I've been meaning to get back into it though. Now that's there an online version it's easier. I can actually find people to play with and I'm always on my computer so might as well do something Pokemon related while on there. Well apart from Pokemon forums of course. Yup we do have a TGC section as Hikari mentioned. If you need to know anything about the game, just ask donavannj. He's the moderator of the TGC section and he can help you with any questions on it you might have. Don't be shy to ask to ask anyone any questions. We have a friendly and approachable staff wiling to assist you. There's also a lot of regular member who can help too as well.

I hope you can be as active as you can possibly can. I get that work and other stuff can keep you busy. We'll always be here and I hope to see you here often too. See you around and have fun!

Profen
May 19th, 2013, 04:37 AM
thx for the welcome. I would play the tcg online but my computer isnt able to run it. I have a macbook pro thats OS isnt up to date and doesnt have the required memory to update or so the internet tells me. I might end up asking someone at the apple store later. So for now my roommate gets to use all my pack codes, lucky him.

As for B2, i need to get back into the battle scene eventually. I have almost 2 boxes of ev trained pokemon.