PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Loshanmi
May 20th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Hey guys my name is Loshanmi.

I joined PC because it looks like a friendly place, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everybody here in the community.

A little bit about myself:

I like to swim and play golf.

I'm self-studying programming and web development and all the things associated with them.

I love reading a good book.

I usually draw/make graphics on photoshop/write short stories when I get the chance.

And thats about all I can think of.

As far as pokemon related stuff, I used to battle competitively (been out of it for about 8 months), after learning a bit more about scripting/programming I might try my hand at a Rom Hack. I am learning to sprite (scratching).

Yup, that pretty much covers it.

Sheep
May 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Glad to see you're looking forward to get to know us. Enthusiasm will make things a whole lot more fun during your stay here. :D A big welcome to the forum, Loshanmi.

Ahh, I like to swim too! I grew up in the part of Europe that had a lot of water so we went swimming almost every time we could. Ever since moving to the US though, I've been swimming a lot less since the water here is pretty dirty and further away. :( But being in clean water is amazing - the sea is much better than a pool and if I had the choice, I'd be there every day.

It's pretty awesome that you're such a diverse person.. methinks the Art & Design (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21) board would be fun if you plan on posting your gallery up for members to see or open a shop, so I'd recommend checking that out sometime. Of course you'll need fifteen posts to include links and images in your post though, but that's nothing some good posting around can't fix, haha. Technology & the Internet (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57) might be another place you'd take interest in since you can discuss the 'net and programming there, but of course there are all just suggestions. Emulation & ROM Hacking (http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156) will be the best place to learn about hacks since it has a wide range of tutorials and such for the aspiring hacker, so checking that out is a must if you're planning on learning to make your own game. I wanted to make a hack at one point but.. that never went anywhere. xD; Really do hope you find the parts of the site that interest you and get posting, because we love having more members around here.

Enjoy your stay around the forum and pleasure to meet you! Remember to read the rules and if you ever have questions, a staff member is always on to help.

Dangelitus
May 20th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Hi Loshanmi, welcome to the Pokemon Community.

Wow!, by all your description, you're a very active person :)

Its nice that you like to make a lot of different things. I try too some time ago to self-studying programming becasue I think its a great activity, but by a lot of work i have, i did decided left for some time the programming study. I hope when the times comes you can share with us some of your drawinds, its always emotion to see the art of other pokemon fans {:3}.

Have a lot of fun, and again welcome Loshanmi ;)