PDA

View Full Version : New Problem: Microsoft Internet Explorer & PC Issue

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu
May 26th, 2013, 01:41 PM
I think this might be a Microsoft issue.

OK now you just simply cannot use the align, colour, font and other styling options when editing your signature in IE v6+.

I did try to align my text center but when I clicked on "Preview Signature" none of then align or styling options are saved and reverts back to the signature before you started editing.

Now here is the fustrating part:
Clicking on "Preview Signature" randomly crashes my browser (this is on all the workstations in the office) if using Microsoft Internet Explorer v6+

Some Info:

Operating System:
Microsoft Windows Seven Enterprise

Internet Connection Type:
Sattlitte

Browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer v9

Same Error on diffrent vB forums:
No

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Before we can work further, I'd like to gauge if the issue can be replicated by other users or other computers first. That said, worth a look into.

The visual editor is nice and all, but for now you might need to use the "Standard Editor". The setting to change this is found here (http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions#misc) under "Message Editor Interface". I can't imagine why the Preview button would crash the browser, though.

As standard practice, also make sure your browser's up to date - check Microsoft Update and make sure your copy of IE has the latest security patches (or upgrade to Internet Explorer 10).

Spherical Ice
May 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
In any case, it's the glorious year of our lord and saviour Jesus Harold Christ two-thousand and thirteen, why on Earth are you still using IE?

Catalyst.
May 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Can't seem to replicate this on IE9. I bolded and centered the word "Test", and it previewed exactly as it should. No crashing either.

Internet Explorer 9, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit, DSL Connection

Hiroshi Sotomura
May 27th, 2013, 02:06 AM
In any case, it's the glorious year of our lord and saviour Jesus Harold Christ two-thousand and thirteen, why on Earth are you still using IE?
Because as of IE10 it's actually a good browser, maybe? Not that he has any choice in the matter, from the sounds of it.

And since your office is still running IE9, I hope they're all patched up. No alternate browsers available?

Terabyte
May 27th, 2013, 04:41 AM
...why are you even using PC on a public computer at work anyways? That adds to a less safe browsing experience if you stay logged in and don't delete cookies.

But like most, I was unable to replicate the issue, and I used IE8 as my example, with Windows XP SP3, Media Center edition. (in a VM nonetheless). No crashing nor that alignment problem at all.

Catalyst.
May 27th, 2013, 07:16 AM
If you'd like later today I can set up an XP VM and test IE6.